Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Voting for the national manager (57)

be okapi >> monday march 4 - 19:10
why a shortlist with possible players to choose?
There can be created players every day. If they have the potential to play in the NT they should not be discriminated from the beginning. A coach select the best players.
It's about winning games.
Have a little trust in other people. I think no one will select 5 of his own players just to give them xp.
Just to avoid all critics. Maybe 1 or 2 if they're good. So what?
Or: let an NT manager just be NT manager and "pay" him for the job with credits or with an upgrade with his youth center, scout's office, ...
be okapi
User
Registered2013-02-08
be My sharona
pl Tomplus >> monday march 4 - 23:16
Maybe you will must to create new user award, example: "Loyalty Player" and this players will be only players who serious playing in the game.
pl Tomplus
User
Registered2013-02-08
pl Sarmacja Będzin
pl EGS >> tuesday march 5 - 11:45
In the gift a person which will win an election should get the Vip account. then such a manager will have additional motivation for treating the game seriously. who agrees with me?
pl EGS
User
Registered2013-02-05
eng Kezza >> tuesday march 5 - 18:26
I think people who have put money into the game deserve this more than managers who play for free... so should be seen as an additional benefit to being a VIP.

If VIP was given for managers who win leagues/cups and they got in that way.. that would work?
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
us puckett0713 >> monday march 11 - 07:04
I think people who get VIP should get to pick a country they would like to manage. I wanted to see how it would work if you didnt have VIP and some manager from another comes to try to manage your country. What if your the best in your country but its small, another manager comes in and might be the 5th best but from a stronger country wants to mange and he has VIP. Does the guy with the VIP have a upper hand in the voting...the reason I asked this is bc I picked the Swiss team bc its a small country and I wanted to be the national manager when the time comes if im the best. I would like my country to managed by someone from the swiss teams.
us puckett0713
User
Registered2013-02-17
pl Tomplus >> monday march 11 - 09:05
@puckett0713
Apply to job a small country (without league or disactive) it this is good idea and perfect option for VIP users.
pl Tomplus
User
Registered2013-02-08
pl Sarmacja Będzin
ro SpokenReasons >> monday march 11 - 10:04
In my oppinion NT Managers should be elected by the managers in their country but not those with VIP, everyone can vote but not everyone can be a manager if they dont have VIP Status for the period they are elected. For example if the manager will be elected for the next two months he needs to have at least 2 months of VIP Status.
Managers of the NT Team should have a panel with all the players from that country from where they can select the players that will play for the NT Team in the next campaign. Like i said in another topic, managers of the NT Team need to be very active, thts a must because you need to coninously talk with the owners of those players and be sure thay are trained. The conversation here are vital and ill tell you why, a player will have a NT Match tomorrow and a club match today, if the player will get injured he wont play at his full capacity or he wont play at all so converstion with the owners is vital.
Bonuses for the players:
A important bonus in my opinion would be a 20% of his salary paid from the NT Team. That would ambition the managers to train players for the NT Team because the players salary would be smaller.
This are just a few ideeas how the NT Teams could work.

PS: this is a personal oppinion and should be treated like that.
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
hu Zsone >> tuesday march 12 - 08:27
I don't think there should be a voting who will be the manager of the national squad. there should be a ranking system inside of each league,everyone would receive point based on league,cup and international tournaments and on the date whoever has the most points will be the manager of the national team for a year. if there would be voting than the most popular (that doesn't mean he is the best) would win. for example i play in Italy and I'm from Serbia,why would the other Italian guys vote for a Serbian guy to lead their Italian squad?! most of the times they would probably vote for an Italian,that's my opinion.
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
jp sushieater >> tuesday march 12 - 13:31
Gábor: You are a strong manager, your club is one of the most popular in the world. So, I want you to lead the Hungarian national team.

Vinnie, Tiety or any Admin: Do you think it's illegal writing here other language than English?
jp sushieater
User
Registered2013-02-24
nl Vincent de Boer >> tuesday march 12 - 15:25
Illegal is a strong word, but right now the game is still only in english. In a few weeks we'll add more languages and also add forums for these languages.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
ro SpokenReasons >> tuesday march 12 - 15:52
Gabor, and what makes you think that a manager with 1 month in game can do better than a newbie? I mean, the respective manager has alot of experience with his club team because he has the obvious advantage but that doesnt mean that the newbie wouldn`t do a great job. I mean, being active and with alot of energy and time spent on forums, tactics and everything a manager can do great with a NT Team. Like i said before, a NT Team manager needs to have alot of time to spend online searching and talking with the managers of the best players in the country. That isnt a easy job considering the fact that not all managers would be willing to lose a match for the NT Team.
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
sco Scotland1983 >> tuesday march 12 - 17:33, Edited tuesday march 12 - 17:40
some countrys will find it hard to have a boss from their country as far as i know i am the only scottish manager on here or at least i have not seen another one and i may be currently the only active boss in the Scottish league too NT boss is hard you do need to scout a lot while watching the league of that country too its not easy for anyone and anyone in charge of a bigger nation will have even harder a time then a scotland boss for example england or the Netherlands who have a lot more divisions:( i agree with all vip and non vip managers or manager in some cases in the national league of that country voting for the manager though if its vip managers only who can manage so its fair some leagues are just computer teams just now though i moved to scotland so it could have a human manager that and i originally wanted to manage in scotland anyway:)
sco Scotland1983
User
Registered2013-02-09
eng MegaChampions FC
nl Vincent de Boer >> tuesday march 12 - 17:41
You should get more people from Scotland here ;)
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
hu Zsone >> tuesday march 12 - 21:48
SpokenReasons...what are you talking about?i did not say anything about that a new manager cant be better than one who plays for months???!!!i agree that it takes time and everything but you replied to me with things i didnt say.i did not say its not an easy job,i didnt say that it doeasnt take time or scouting or beaing online and so on,i just dont get your response...its nonsense
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
au Mr Legs >> wednesday march 13 - 04:29
If there is a voting system for NT managers & team selection, then you need to make sure the model fits for all countries. Some countries will only have a few active managers (or less).

You also don't want to make it too complicated, or the task of running the NT will become too onerous.

Having said that, I like the idea of having voting for a NT manager. But maybe a cap or restriction on how often a person can hold it. You will also want a nomination mechanism for people to put their hands up to volunteer then vote from that shortlist.

I don't like the idea of having vote for NT players in the NT squad or having the NT manager select them, it would just get too complicated to work effectively. Personally, I like the way the system does it now, at the start of the season, the strongest players are put in the squad. The NT manager can then select who plays each match & if they have a big bias towards their own players, then I doubt they will get voted in again any time soon. You could also cap how many matches they earn the xp for as per the other competition types.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08