Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

FIFA Corruption (63)

lv DJ_EV >> monday june 1 - 15:48
I hope boycott for Russia Would Cup will succeed, not only because I hate Russia as a country and their actions in Ukraine, but voting was clearly fixed (maybe not so clearly as Qatar, but anyway. I hope there will be found enough evidence for this.

I like how tons of vice-presidents of FIFA are kept getting arrested, but Blatter knows nothing. :D
lv DJ_EV
Registered2014-07-04
eng Dragontao >> monday june 1 - 17:11
That's a typical footbally manager's response isn't it. "I didn't see it" lol. A favourite phrase of Arsene Wenger too. :-)
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Aamirkhan >> tuesday june 2 - 10:48, Edited tuesday june 2 - 10:48
I think Blatter became a joke when he changed FIFA rules that allowed him to become President for a fifth time. It says it all and for me he should go. Time's up Blatter. . .
eng Aamirkhan
Registered2013-06-18
cw HyperInActief >> tuesday june 2 - 16:43
Already seen the latest John Oliver explanation Dragontao?

https://youtu.be/qr6ar3xJL_Q
cw HyperInActief
User
Registered2013-06-16
eng Dragontao >> tuesday june 2 - 16:57
NO I hadn't , but will watch

Breaking news though, Blatter is going to quit!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449

Why didn't he just save everyone the bother and go before the election. He knew the strength of feeling then. :-/
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
se Jesper >> tuesday june 2 - 16:57
Yay, he has resigned!
se Jesper
User
Registered2014-03-28
za Jamal >> tuesday june 2 - 17:50
I dont expect africa to be treated fairly anymore, this continent will never be taken seriously again, Blatter made ALL countries equal and I am afraid platini will take over ;-(
za Jamal
User
Registered2014-11-06
ee Balthazor >> tuesday june 2 - 21:02
How many African teams has been in semifinals of World Cup? There are always some European, someone from Southern America, very rarely from Asia oR CONCACAF, but never from Africa. Do we need more money-greed crybabies like from Nigeria, Zaire, Cameroon, Togo? Representing your NT should be big honour, not place to demand more money. If you play there well, you will get good contract from some rich club. But if you don't take seriously playing on WC, don't expect that you'll be taken seriously. Such kind of unprofessional players-princesses are serious risk for every club. Statistics from last WC
Region - Spots - Teams in last 16 - QF - SF
Europe - 13 - 6 - 4 - 2
South-Am. - 6 - 5 - 3 - 2
Africa - 5 - 2 - 0
North-Am. - 4 - 3 - 1
Asia - 4 - 0
And Southern American 2 losing teams in 8F-s lost to other teams from same region.
WC2010- only 1 team from 6 Africans passes groups (but 2 teams of 3 North Americans and 2 of 4 Asians)...
ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
ca Jax >> tuesday june 2 - 21:37, Edited tuesday june 2 - 21:40
@Balthazor Your points are pretty irrelevant. This isn't only about World Cup voting. Part of why Nations liked Blatter is because he treated them well despite what they contribute.

It's also very ignorant to say what you've said about Africa. It's very easy to criticize the teams for being greedy when the European teams have exponentially more financial backing. There is a long history of African Nations going back on their promises to the players.

You see this as the players and coaches being greedy. Where I come from, if you are promised something, it happens. It's sad that the players did what they did but unless you are in that environment, you can't fully understand. The players clearly don't trust their Federations.

All of these other Nations are getting paid too, the difference is, it took the African clubs threatening to strike to make sure they got paid. Wayne Rooney isn't complaining because he knows he's getting his money, just like the mass majority of players from other Nations.

By all means, criticize the Federations for being greedy, but leave National pride and the players/coaches, out of it.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
cw HyperInActief >> tuesday june 2 - 22:55
Do people actually expect him resigning will change anything?

It was all corruption before he got the job as it was Havelange who tought him how its done.
The next guy (i bet Platini) will just claim everything changed and talk about a fresh start which will be used as a smoke curtain.

To much money to be made by to many people.
cw HyperInActief
User
Registered2013-06-16
ca Jax >> tuesday june 2 - 23:17
@Ronintje you're probably right. It may not change anything but it temporarily calms the masses. I can feel good about not seeing his face in Canada for the Women's World Cup coming up this weekend.

My guess is the sponsors of Fifa didn't want to see him there, either.

I'm not going to presume anything for the future of Fifa... Other than the numerous bribes to continue.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
eng Dragontao >> tuesday june 2 - 23:18
This says all you need to know about Platini.

Bright is absolutely right about him not being the best person for the job.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29285817
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
lv Namejs >> wednesday june 3 - 07:43, Edited wednesday june 3 - 07:43
I don't know it Dragontao. I actually like the way Platini changed European fotball, and I can't see why he's opinion on object in question says he isn't right person for the job. I suppose it's more FIFA's and CBF's problem than Platini or any other receivers. Every time an organization comes out with this type of info more than month post factum, looks like revenge or bad publicity on someone, not an actual ethical problem.
lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
cw HyperInActief >> wednesday june 3 - 12:55
Euh Namejs,

I've seen info about Blatter being published for many years already, not like it started recently.
And Platini is a snake, he can't be trusted any more then Blatter.
He was groomed in FIFA by blatter, so don't expect him to be any different.

There were already video's of bribes going around before the votes for the Qatar WC.
cw HyperInActief
User
Registered2013-06-16
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday june 3 - 14:43
Yep Platini and Blatter are good friends. Lets change the guard.

Saw a good interview on the tv last night. They were suggesting a guy called Dick Pound to run FIFA for 6 months before the elections in March 2016. This guy cleaned up corruption in the IOC (Olympic committee), formed the Anti Doping Agency, is a Tax Attorney, called the whistle on Lance Armstong....and is also a former Olympic athlete. He'd sort FIFA out!

See:
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2015/06/pound-dick-meet-the-new-president-of-fifa-3164640.html
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC