Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Not Frustrated at all topic. Season 9-99 (9171)

ng Sonic >> friday december 11 - 15:41

@Don you'll have to improve on that, I've never struggled financially since I started the game, one of the reason why I always make the stadium a priority 

ng Sonic
User
Registered2015-07-20
ng Sonicstar fc
Hit 9m fans, for a while only 2-3 people buy my cakes, from now on i will add eggs to increase demands.
lv Tamaz >> wednesday december 16 - 20:28, Edited wednesday december 16 - 20:28

@Don, if your SPENDING almost 100m on JUST loaning 3 players for 1 season. Than something is not right, thats for sure

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
il Numpty >> wednesday december 16 - 21:05

He's certainly shelled out for those eggs. The cakes will have to be eggspensive.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> wednesday december 16 - 22:52, Edited thursday december 17 - 12:46

That was a terrible yolk.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
au davo >> thursday december 17 - 11:09

First Leeds come from behind to hammer Newcastle, then my team comes from behind to beat my strongest opposition.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
@Tamaz what do you mean exactly?
i have seen a single loan deals worth 78m, 62m.
Are you trying to get at me or the game that has a high wage structure.
ee onuelver >> thursday december 17 - 23:00

Some seasons ago i realised that one reason why my second team can't progress was wasting lot of money for loaning high waged youngsters. For same or less money i can buy couple of oldies to help me through CL Q1. Meanwhile i need them really only for those 2 or 4 euro matches because in Albanian league i could sell my 11 best players and still probably win all trophies but will be humiliated in Q1 by any team.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
au davo >> friday december 18 - 01:14

To be fair, @Don-x's $110m is only double the wages of these players and, as a one-off payment it could be argued that it is a finacially astute way of getting good quality players. Drafting in 3 players of this quality who are at the end of their careers would have been impossible for $110. Arguably you could have done it for double that and they might have given you a couple of seasons (and might have ultimately made good staff), but it amounts to the same per season in the end.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
@onuelver what devo said is the truth. for instance you bought a 32yr 18 star for 64m plus at least 6m per season, at 35yrs when he can't be your first team player anymore. that is 70m over 3 season.
getting a qulity defender on loan for three season as i do wont surpass the the 70m you spent. @davo has a reasonable point.
il Numpty >> friday december 18 - 11:49

Interesting discussion gents. I think it largely depends on the quality of the players involved. 

At some levels it's more cost-effective to borrow players and at other levels it's better to buy your own.  Getting those kind of decisions right can be a big factor in how well you do financially. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> friday december 18 - 15:04

@onulever Finally people are catching onto the trend.

The prime scenario is if you're a club that's chasing short term success in a competitive league to fill up the CV before relocating to a more standardized one say England or China:it makes absoluely no sense to chase youngsters when the market is galore with better players who stay for longer and cost lesser overall.(Of course this applies for >15 "stars")

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> friday december 18 - 15:42, Edited friday december 18 - 15:51

There also needs to be a realistic assessment of where your club sits in the hierarchy.

If you're not a top club or a near challenger then you won't get there by spending money on slightly better players. Any major improvement has to come from steadily making more money rather than chasing short-term success. A mid-table club who is struggling financially won't go any higher without a change in strategy. 

If you want to catch up quickly in this game the only way to do it is to largely forget about the team and concentrate entirely on the finances. I use the word 'quickly' in a very loose manner, of course. Nothing is quick. :)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> friday december 18 - 18:37

You surely can get a headstart though.

There are teams with >=5.5million popularity YA+FA that are available right now.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18