Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10386)

il Numpty >> wednesday september 9 - 14:23, Edited wednesday september 9 - 14:30

I think his goal was a bit lucky.

Scoring from a free kick without having SPS was maybe a bit surprising, but I guess it depends on what level of youth bonus he was getting. If he had the full 0.9 ball bonus that makes a big difference. Your keeper is not the greatest for a Level 1 keeper and doesn't have S/Walls.  Even so I understand your frustration.

Edit

I see you played your second choice keeper. Was the other one unavailable? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Yid >> wednesday september 9 - 14:51

I always play my 2nd keeper away and my 1st choice keeper at home. So they both get full xp each season. I know it may loose me a few points each season but it has worked ok for me over the last few seasons.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
il Numpty >> wednesday september 9 - 15:09

I guess everyone has a similar problem with their keepers. That suggests there's a fundamental design flaw. Not an easy solution though.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Balthazor >> wednesday september 9 - 18:21, Edited wednesday september 9 - 18:35

It's just because of Liverpool vs Tottenham. You must be happy at not losing 0-5. :D 

Actually wondering that such squad is enough to feel comfortly in English top league. I know that it's former top club and probably changing generations although that young generation doesn't look so promising because of collected and untrained experience (like Deniollo), forwards are just something meh bought for farming. Sold recently 3 promising youngsters, so probably collecting money for next academy or huge supertalent. 

...and looking at age Tassens maybe doesn't deserve full 20 matches, he is older and weaker, just backup keeper. It would be reasonable if he is younger and planned to be future #1 keeper. I don't have currently problems with keepers: I sub in younger for second half when -2 down and most of teams can score 2 goals on first half against me. I am ready that I will be probably relegated as clearly weakest team in L1, my promotion was little bit accident despite of playing with just youngsters, but they really wanted promotion and happened to win playoffs. Couple of surprise results in a row keep me alive so far :D 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
au davo >> thursday september 10 - 08:14

When you try to arrange a friendly because you are trying to get one of your players flank training to become (L/C/R), and you get distracted while it is waiting to arrange one. You realise just too late and now you are playing your first team in an unnecessary fixture

At least, for once when I did this, it isn't a difficult game tonight and I didn't get a key player injured.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
in Keju >> thursday september 10 - 10:07

@davo was it the friendly against me yesterday?i was trying to play some young guys too but missed out. My 1st team played instead 

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC
eng Yid >> thursday september 10 - 10:39

@ Balthazor. I actually didn't think Tassens was too bad with around about 7 blocking and 4 balls of speed, but maybe i am just living in the past a bit on that one now with the Super Keepers we have now. Maybe it is time to only use him if needed.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
au davo >> thursday september 10 - 12:08

@Keju Hahaha. It's not just me then.

No. It was a game today

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-18831441 against 

Rīgas Dinamo who clearly wasn't playing their best team as I won 10-0
au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> thursday september 10 - 13:03, Edited thursday september 10 - 13:04

So easy to do that with friendlies. Maybe there should be more options to arrange them a few hours ahead. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
in Keju >> thursday september 10 - 15:26

does anyone know why you can only schedule friendlies for the next hour on the same day?

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC
lv 薯片 >> thursday september 10 - 20:00

10 injuries already in this season. And its only for main squad players. Something doesn't feel right...

lv 薯片
User
Registered2014-08-23
br XingLing eSports
eng Stephen >> thursday september 10 - 20:18

Health Centre: level 10

Football Academy: level 3, with level 4 on the way.

Those injuries are likely to get worse if you leave your HC at that level.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
au davo >> friday september 11 - 02:02

Health Centre Level 10: Injury Prevention 88.9%

Health Centre Level 12: Injury Prevention 90.9%

10 Injuries this season with an injury prevention of 88.9%.

Surely the likely number of injuries with a level 12 HC would have been 10/90.9*88.9 = 9.8 injuries?

The durations would also have been the same and, if you could afford it, the healing would have only been 10% more effective.

I never really considered that was worth the $280m outlay and the $18m per year increase in maintenace.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> friday september 11 - 07:09

I don't know where this '2 levels' difference between TC and HC levels came from. 

The injury rate is a simple probablity thing. A spate of injuries is just bad luck. 

Each HC level after L3 reduces the risk of injury and every TC level increases the risk. 

THe HC prevention follows a pattern that can be given as a simple fraction 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6 ... 9/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15. 

It would be reasonable to assume that the TC risk follows a similar pattern.  

If you had 10 actual injuries with a reduction rate of 8/9 (HC 10 @ 88.89%) then on average you would have had 8.2 injuries with a reduction rate of 10/11 (HC 12 @ 90.91%).

The calculation is 10 * 9/11.

(With percentages it looks more complicated 10 * [1-0.9091] / [1-0.8889]). 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> saturday september 12 - 04:39

Thanks @Numpty, I was clearly having a bad maths day yesterday.

Even so, $280m and $18m per season is still a lot to reduce the probability of injury by 18% and to slightly increase fatigue recovery - especially given the financial disaster that will befall many who choose to upgrade without considering the future increase in wages it will cause.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27