Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Voting for the national manager (57)

ro SpokenReasons >> wednesday march 13 - 08:44
@Mr Legs

In my oppiniong no bot manager can do the job of a real manager. I mean, every match is different.
Lets say |Romania plays against England.
England is a very offensive team and with a poor defense, what would be the best tactic?
But lets say Romania plays against Holland who for example is a verry defensive team and with a good attack but doesnt score that amount of goals, what would the tactic be?
Would you choose to put the exactly same first 11 players in both matches? Would you choose to play the same formation? (4-3-3, 4-5-1 etc) ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

@Gabor
We are talking here about a new system, dont get it perssonaly, we will get nowhere. We need to discouss it so the game will start getting better and better, right?
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
au Mr Legs >> wednesday march 13 - 14:51
I was talking about having a human as the NT Manager, but leaving the squad selection to the system. The NT Manager would choose his team for each match from the NT squad & have full say as to who plays & what formation for each match. But he has no say in who is in his squad, it would be selected purely on Star Value/salary or some other criteria as the programmers choose to devise & would be picked at the start of each season as it is done now.

My fear is if the NT Manager does all the squad selections, then it will be open to abuse. Some will do a great & fair job; others will rort it to the benefit of their team; & others will be slackers and not put the required effort in.

And if you have a selection panel as has been discussed above then this all gets too complicated to make it work effectively - and this again will suffer from the negatives I mentioned above if the NT Manager does it all.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
ro SpokenReasons >> wednesday march 13 - 15:39
@Mr Legs

Thats why Vincent will add for every country a staff panel who will monitor the NT Team manager of their country so everything will goo smooth and they will make sure that those managers wont hire players only from their team or players that has nothing to do with NT Team.
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday march 13 - 18:30
There will definitely be a shortlist with players that the manager can select from.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
br Irvine Kinneas >> thursday march 14 - 18:24
I agree and think it is the right way but for me the main question is about how the election would be. And with which parameters. If it would be today i,d like to be the manager os brazillian NT but i believe nothing could make me better by now. And maybe after i do not know why vote or not or the cause to be voted. I was thinking, maybe It would be by friendship?!
br Irvine Kinneas
User
Registered2013-02-08
cn 橙子 >> saturday march 16 - 22:45
Vincent
Can you tell us your plan about the shortlist with players that the manager can select from?
Maybe just some simple information, such as whether it only select players by value and whether it contains some youth players with potential.
cn 橙子
User
Registered2013-02-08
pl Ace >> sunday march 17 - 08:13
This is always a problem, because there is so many players to choose from and the NT manager should be able to choose anyone he wants. And having to choose from a couple of thousands of players can be hectic.
Will there be any restriction of choosing players from your own club? That should be closely scrutinised, as well.
pl Ace
User
Registered2013-02-09
ro SpokenReasons >> sunday march 17 - 09:16
Ok i`ll try and give you guys some info even tough its only something i think about and nothing is for sure.

The shortlist is the best thing Vincent can give us.
I mean, why do you say it will take forever to select the players for your squad?
Of course, the manager of the NT Team needs to take a look at more skills not just for example Scoring(for strikers) because maybe one forward has 3.5 balls and 1.5 talent and there the manager finds another striker with 3.4 balls and talent 2.2, wich one would you choose? Of course you as a manager cant train him but thats why you are a manager. You should be able to talk with each managers of your players to ask and talk what will he train that player etc.

So a shortlist will be perfect and it will take no-time to choose your squad. As a active manager you will find it easy.

On the other hand, Ace said something about limits.
What if the top club from a first division has 6 of the best NT Team players? And when i say best i mean every skill, tactics etc. What would you do? Of course you will select them because the most important thing is to win with the NT Team every match/competition.
Even tough it was a pretty hard example, 6 NT Team players will never be in the same club in the next 4-5 seasons because of their salaries and everything. Right now, with a few credits you can create a NT Team player. That wont be possible in the future because other players that were created will be hardly trained and will be way better than the best player that a manager can create.

A long post but i hope it helps.
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
cn 橙子 >> sunday march 17 - 15:00
yes, so I just want to know their plans about the shortlist with players that the manager can select from. Can you give us a little information please?
cn 橙子
User
Registered2013-02-08
nl Vincent de Boer >> sunday march 17 - 15:08
There isn't any information yet, this is just brainstorming.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
ro SpokenReasons >> sunday march 17 - 15:18
@橙子

Just like Vincent said. There is no official informations regarding the NT Team shortlist and management. This are only speculations and for now, we will have to wait.
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
be okapi >> monday march 25 - 00:57
So this season (coming season) the NT will still be a botteam?
be okapi
User
Registered2013-02-08
be My sharona