Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Who will win the World Cup? (67)

fr Elric Antona >> monday may 28 - 11:26, Edited monday may 28 - 11:28

Anyway, this thread has no point.

Control of cyberspace will allow the Russian government to claim that Russia has won the World Cup, whatever the result is.

Don't believe the Western-backed media: the true results of the World Cup will be on RT.

fr Elric Antona
Registered2013-09-11
ua Juicy >> monday may 28 - 15:32

1-2. France, Germany.
3-4. Spain, Brazil.
5-6. Argentina, Belgium.

32. England.

ua Juicy
User
Registered2015-03-28
my Kesvick >> monday june 4 - 23:18

My heart says Argentina.

My head says France or Brazil.

My inner risk-taker says Belgium.

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
pt Sir Alex >> wednesday june 6 - 20:22

I agree Dragontao!

* The manager is a vital component.

So, no one knows who is Portugal? Poor memories and analysis.

Good luck, i hope the better wins.

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
ro Andrei >> wednesday june 6 - 20:28
No, we really don't know Portugal. Never heard of it. Where is it located again? :)

I honestly don't really care who wins. I just want to see a good tournament with plenty of great matches.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
pt Sir Alex >> wednesday june 6 - 21:17

Portugal is in the same place since a long long time ago Andrei cool.

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
my Kesvick >> thursday june 7 - 00:54

Sir Alex, is Portugal a part of Spain? :P

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
us Joey Zyla >> thursday june 7 - 05:48, Edited thursday june 7 - 05:53

I'm rooting for Denmark. They have a good goalkeeper and very solid defense (only 1 goal conceded in the last 5 matches), but their offense relies too heavily on Christian Eriksen. With any luck maybe a player such as Yussuf Poulsen, Viktor Fischer, or Pione Sisto will have a breakout tournament and reduce the over-reliance on Eriksen.

Hopefully Nicolai Jørgensen can return to his 2016/17 form when he played a crucial role in Feyenoord's title campaign, but based on recent matches the center-forward position appears to be a weakness in Denmark's squad.

If they are able to make it out of the group stage, they would most likely be facing Argentina in the round of 16, so my overall expectations aren't too high. But of course anything is possible, so we will wait and see.

Anyway, to answer the question that this topic is about, my prediction is Germany will win the World Cup. Germany, Brazil, and France are all very good teams, but I think that Germany's world-class goalkeeper and defense, in addition to their experienced head coach and the winning mentality that they have shown at the last World Cup, will make the difference.

us Joey Zyla
User
Registered2015-01-08
ee Pärnu JK
ru Eric_Cantonais >> thursday june 7 - 10:21

The English Forum does not deserve you, Elric.

ru Eric_Cantonais
User
Registered2013-08-11
fr Le Feu Occulte
pt Sir Alex >> thursday june 7 - 11:49

No, now is a part of Germany as a lot of european countryes.

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
ro Andrei >> thursday june 7 - 13:27
And let's stay away from political comments, thanks.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng holt >> monday august 27 - 15:41

Is it still being held at Quatar?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ro Andrei >> monday august 27 - 19:12
Why? Did you hear otherwise? A source would be nice, if you did.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng holt >> tuesday august 28 - 12:09

Close enough.

https://www.thenation.com/article/2022-world-cup-being-held-country-practices-modern-day-slavery/

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/report-qatar-at-risk-of-not-hosting-2022-world-cup-over-corruption-other-issues/

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18