Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10384)

il Numpty >> friday june 11 - 06:01

I think the real problem here is confusing missions with achievements. Some of them are just very silly and rather pointless. 

The missions add very little to the game itself and I'd much rather the development effort had gone into improving the game and fixing the bugs. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> sunday june 13 - 21:16

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-20151617

Winning 2:1 with 3 minutes to go........yep, lost 3:2.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng holt >> tuesday june 15 - 03:48

Forum seems pretty quiet these days...

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
kp ilya >> tuesday june 15 - 10:11

I reached the limit of changing team today and cannot get job from this team:

https://rockingsoccer.com/da/fodbold/info/team-3490/

kp ilya
User
Registered2019-10-17
il Numpty >> tuesday june 15 - 11:19

Didn't know there was a limit. What does the message say?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
rs Sale >> thursday june 17 - 21:05

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-20017507

So much for the perfect season. Home team was lead by BOT assistant.

rs Sale
User
Registered2013-08-15
rs Империјал
ee onuelver >> friday june 18 - 21:33

@Sale Hah i remember season in Albania when only conceded goal came from botteam :D but at least your trip to EL groups will give me hope that one day i can repeat it after our CL Q2 clash. Not in couple of next seasons yet ofcourse as i am short of money after stadium upgrade and sold some players but one day i will reach to group phase with Labinoti.

PCSB is on road to make record low points of surviving if playoff winner don't want to get promoted. So far it is 16 points for 9th team but i need miracles to reach that number now- wins over Navi and Dünamo and another point against hell know who. If Chargers don't want promotion i will get another record next season- lowest points ever in Estonian top league. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
au davo >> tuesday june 22 - 00:27

My 51 year old goal keeper (https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1218837) just got a 16% payrise after a decade of pay cuts!

While I understood that ancient goal keepers continue to escallate in value, I assumed that their wages would not start to rise as a result of it...

The way this is going, I won't be able to afford to keep him by the time he reaches about 80 years old :(

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> tuesday june 22 - 07:22, Edited tuesday june 22 - 07:42

Agreed @Davo. These old keepers won't last forever like some people seem to think. The wages will eventually kill them off. Mine has gone up by more than double in the last 3 seasons and most likely your relatively small increase of 16% reflects the fact that he's recently reached his minimum wage and the next increase will be even bigger.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> tuesday june 22 - 12:51

It must be based on value. Maybe there is a sweet spot where you can stop training the keepers and they just stay at the same wage. I am hoping to get relegated next season so training him is not necessary. I'll try not to train him until his next payrise and see what happens.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
eng Stephen >> tuesday june 22 - 12:56, Edited tuesday june 22 - 12:58

Wages are based on experience gained, not spent @Davo. So storing up a huge pile of experience will likely do nothing to limit his wage increases. By all means feel free to try though - I don't know that we have necessarily uncovered all the ramifications of players being able to carry on until the end of time yet

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> tuesday june 22 - 13:16, Edited tuesday june 22 - 13:48

It may be partly based on value, but I believe that it's mostly based on their star rating.

I believe that the wage formula reflects whether they are 'staff' or 'player'. 

Older players always have 2 values, their player value based mainly on rating and their (potential) staff value based mainly on accumulated experience. The game always displays the higher of the two values. 

As an older player gets worse then his player value drops and once this drops below his staff value then the staff value takes over and this stays fairly constant with small changes due to age and experience.  Usually this is around $2-5 million depending on the player when they are in their mid 30s.

With older keepers then most of them have a staff value but as they improve they can become a 'player' again. Good quality older keepers will have a staff value of around $7-10 million, because with all that experience they would make great staff. 

As they improve then the reverse happens and their player value eventually exceeds their staff value at somewhere around $10 million. The game now consider them a player (again) rather than staff in-waiting. At this point the wages take off again too.

As for @Davo's suggestion, I'm already researching this to try and establish how it works. Depending on what I find out I might keep it to myself if it proves useful enough to be an advantage. :)

@Stephen makes a good point, but although that was tested for younger players we still don't know exactly how it works. We do know that it's not based solely on experience gained for a few reasons. Position matters and so does their age, otherwise their wages would increase continually.  

With older players experience may have a much smaller relative effect than their star rating. Not least because of their age factor. Some things work differently with these older players and maybe their wages do too. Whether by design or otherwise.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng ipfreely >> tuesday june 22 - 14:23

The wage of a player will, I'm certain, take into account experience gained, such that it doesn't matter whether you train him or not.

eng ipfreely
User
Registered2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
au davo >> tuesday june 22 - 20:07

@Stephen this is normally the case, but with old GKs their wages go down when they are in their 40s so it is not possible that their wages are based on experience gained - as if this were the case wages could only ever go up.

@Numpty. Yes, star rating and value are the same thing.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
eng Stephen >> tuesday june 22 - 21:22

@Davo - I know, they tend to start dropping in their 30s. But when they start going up again in their 50s after they've bottomed out, logic would point to accumulating points meaning their wages will go up again.

But I very much doubt Vincent sat down and thought about there being GKs in the game at 50+ years of age. So it's possible this might be a loophole, after all

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach