Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Arsenal (1036)

ng reiqnz >> monday january 23 - 08:02
clAssy Arsenal... Always resilient...

COYG...
ng reiqnz
User
Registered2016-09-29
li FC Schellenberg #2
lv Namejs >> monday january 23 - 19:07
Studs in face or face in studs? Koscielny was offside and initiated the contact so that was wrong penalty decision.

In 80. even 90. no one would even consider to claim for penalty in these situations.

Xhaka did get clear red card, Rojo escaped twice while Vardy got 3 (if remeber correctly) match ban for similiar chalanges.
lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
eng Dragontao >> monday january 23 - 19:55
Offside was the correct decision and was the first "offence". Giving a penalty was an incorrect decision. It was a mistake by the linesman.

The fact Arsenal should have had a penalty earlier simply highlights the ineptitude of the officials. Similarly, what Rojo should or shouldn't have had in other matches, what Vardy got, these should have no bearing on the Arsenal game. It just highlights the problems match officials are having.

They seem to be getting worse, but maybe it's just because the games have gotten faster and with television having so many cameras and so many angles, the official's mistakes are just highlighted more easily.

It's a billion dollar insustry. It's time technology was used to help them more. It's ridiculous that in this day and age that match officials, instead of controlling games, are actually influencing results on a regular basis.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
my Kesvick >> sunday january 29 - 01:27
And last night, here is Southampton offering us a demonstration of what happens when you play a high-line against Arsenal...
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Dragontao >> sunday january 29 - 02:35
Not to mention a demonstration of what happens when you play a bunch of kids.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
my Kesvick >> sunday january 29 - 02:37
Well...it worked for Everton against Manchester City. And Swansea against us...
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
wal Hudson >> sunday january 29 - 08:54
Walcott will never be a legend like Lord.
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
wal Hudson >> saturday february 4 - 16:38
I have to say, Chelsea deservedly won that game, and will deservedly win the title. Arsenal didn't bring their A-game to the Bridge and paid for it dearly. However I never expected them to win, so its a textbook result.
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
eng Dragontao >> saturday february 4 - 17:57
I was at the game. Enjoyed it very much :D

Not counting any chickens though. Still a long way to go and with 3 ointment for a win a poor run can be devastating, but it's ours to lose now.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> saturday february 4 - 18:25
"3 ointment for a win"? Sounds dodgy to me...
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> saturday february 4 - 18:51
Damned autocorrect. Lol
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
nz Luke Broadcast >> saturday february 11 - 13:07
another ridiculous goal given to arsenal. f*cking disgusting
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
bz zenix >> saturday february 11 - 13:50
Supid: why are you not ralking sbout the penelty a min before the goal?
bz zenix
Registered2014-01-13
wal Hudson >> saturday february 11 - 21:43
Very poor refereeing.
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
eng Dragontao >> saturday february 11 - 22:26
Could have been a red card for Gibbs before the penalty award. He was the last man.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2