Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Arsenal (1036)

my Kesvick >> sunday april 23 - 17:12
Yay!
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
my Kesvick >> sunday may 28 - 00:22
What a game! The best game I have seen all season and one of the best cup finals in years. I would have put money on Chelsea to win (as an Arsenal fan), but I enjoyed the game thoroughly as both sides producing great football and moments of quality.

Arsenal were brilliant all round; all their players put in great performances in a proper cup final atmosphere. Per Mertesacker read the game so completely he did not put a step wrong. Rob Holdini Holding showing off what he can do. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain looks like an inspired selection as wing-back. Hector Bellerin....WHY CAN YOU NOT CROSS!?!??!?! HURR DURR.

Aaron Ramsey was very energetic, Granit Xhaka looks more and more like the player we spent 30 million pounds for this season.
Mesut Ozil...WTF were those last few chances the last few minutes? Alexis Sanchez all over the pitch.

Danny Welbeck, WHY WHY WHY are you so good outside the penalty area and absolutely screwing things up inside it? Olivier Giroud, wow?
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Dragontao >> monday may 29 - 23:12
I'd have to disagree about both sides playing good football. Chelsea were dreadful in the first half. Could easily have been 4 goals down at half time. They looked like total strangers who were playing blindfolded their passing was that bad.

The first goal should never have been allowed. Clear handball and the offside rule is open to interpretation but it suggests that it should have been offside as well. Clearly in Courtois' field of vision and made a movement towards the ball.

However it was early enough to recover from and you'd have thought the injustice Chelsea felt from the goal would have fired them up. Instead they played like they were warming up for a 7.45 kick off or already thinking about their holidays.

Fabregas should have started instead of Matic. There were massive gaps between Chelsea's holding midfielders and the front three. Not helped by the inability to find a blue shirt.

Played into Arsenal's hands with too many long balls forward which either Mertesacker won or landed at an Arsenal player's feet.

Then, after half time when Chelsea just looked like they might have been getting a foothold in a game they'd have been dead and buried in had Arsenal's finishing been better, Moses commits an act of unforgivable stupidity.

Most players on a yellow card have the sense to do everything they can to avoid a second one. What does Moses do, blatantly dives in the box, which is inexcusable in itself, and leaves Chelsea with 10 men.

Even with the equaliser it was never going to be an easy task to win, so switching off straight away afterwards was a killer.

Chelsea were very lucky to lose 2-1. Outfought and outplayed by Arsenal on the day. Why it was such a lacklustre performance from Chelsea who knows, perhaps they were overconfident because of Arsenal's defensive crisis. Whatever it was, the best team by some margin won on the day.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
my Kesvick >> friday august 11 - 23:56

Who here thought about the Arsenal - Leicester game?

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
cn 秦始皇 >> saturday august 12 - 04:45

nice game

cn 秦始皇
User
Registered2015-08-28
hk 大秦帝国
ng Gene >> sunday august 13 - 16:19
count pls
ng Gene
User
Registered2017-07-24
pw Manchester City Fc
ro Andrei >> sunday august 13 - 16:42
Count what exactly?
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng Dragontao >> sunday august 27 - 18:29

Liverpool's goals.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ro Andrei >> sunday august 27 - 18:36

laughing

You got that right.

ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
wal Hudson >> monday august 28 - 16:41

Wenger starting Lord Welbeck over Lacazette...LOL

wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
my Kesvick >> sunday october 15 - 11:27, Edited sunday october 15 - 11:27

I'm not sure where it went wrong; Granit Xhaka is currently a damp squib.

We bought him because he was supposed to be a strong, deep-lying defensive playmaker a la Mikel Arteta who can tackle. I would actually argue that he IS NOT a defensive midfielder at this point. He has only shown himself to be a decent passer, and nothing else. His defensive repertoire is horrible. He is slow, rash and not positionally aware. Worst of all, he doesn't seem to make the effort for defensive duties.

That matchwinner for Watford; what the heck was that? 92nd-93rd minute of a tie game, there are 4 Watford attackers against 3 Arsenal defenders. With no one even tracking back to the penalty box!

Alexandre Lacazette must feel frustrated; he doesn't get a lot of service despite the possession we have.

At this point, Arsene Wenger needs to go. Mesut Ozil also needs to go.
Arsenal (in my honest opinion) give up too much for him in the team. This Arsenal would be lucky to even finish 6th.

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Dragontao >> sunday october 15 - 12:00

Could be worse, you could be a Chelsea supporter this weekend. frownembarassed

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
my Kesvick >> monday october 16 - 11:39

At least Chelsea supporters do not expect it. Arsenal fans do.

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Dragontao >> monday october 16 - 12:09

YOu think that's better? Besides which, Watford aren't having a bad season (they are 4th right now and in good form), you couldn't say that about Palace before Saturday. No goals, no points then ...

... embarassed

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2