Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10414)

hu István >> tuesday october 31 - 05:24

How did the Netherlands get to the World Cup before Spain? In addition to equal scores, goal difference ranks the league

hu István
User
Registered2015-08-29
hu FC Mezőgecse
il Numpty >> tuesday october 31 - 10:25

Good question. Seems rather odd. If you look at the table there is no obvious consistency in the rankings. 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/tournament-75867/format

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hu István >> tuesday october 31 - 11:11

Perhaps the solution is to rank both the Irish and the Dutch at the top because of the same points and goal difference. (Bug)

Or simply the Dutch are the owners and they are the beneficiaries

hu István
User
Registered2015-08-29
hu FC Mezőgecse
il Numpty >> tuesday october 31 - 11:38, Edited tuesday october 31 - 11:48

The only rule we're given at the bottom is this one:

• Not all groups have the same number of teams so the results against the lowest team in the larger groups don't count for the order of teams in this list.

This should only apply to Qualifying Round 1, because there are only 3 teams in one group.  It doesn't - or shouldn't - apply to QR2. 

In the event that RS does not give the full tie-breaker rules the default would normally be the rules used in the real life tournament at the time the code was written.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(UEFA)

The format used by RS is slightly different because there are 2 group stages.

Ireland win the group because of the head to head results between them and The Netherlands. 

For group runners-up the tie-breaker rules were:

• Because one group had one team fewer than the others, matches against the last-placed team in each of the six-team groups were not included in this ranking. Teams were ranked by the following parameters in order:

1. Highest number of points
    2. Goal difference
    3. Highest number of goals scored

So if we apply that rule then Spain should qualify with a better goal difference. 

If, however, the matches with the last-placed team in each group are not included then The Netherlands would be ranked higher than Spain. This may be the explanation. 

That would be wrong, of course, because in the second stage every group has 4 teams so there is no reason to discount the teams in last place. It would also fail to explain why Turkey is ranked above Latvia.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hu István >> wednesday november 1 - 16:14

Everyone seems to think it's okay that the Netherlands are in the World Cup and not Spain. No info, obviously, how can we expect anything ...

hu István
User
Registered2015-08-29
hu FC Mezőgecse
ng Phantom >> thursday november 9 - 14:12

I want to understand, after a team wins a cup final based on penalities why doesn't  the award or toohy reflect after the match?

Do I have to wait before it reflects on my profile that I've won the cup and also in the history of the competition that we've won the cup?

Here's the match link  

My first trophy at last 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-24708097

ng Phantom
User
Registered2018-01-02
tj Al Ahly SC⭐
ng Phantom >> thursday november 9 - 14:18

Funny enough the game recorded it as a draw tf!!!:joy: :laughs:

ng Phantom
User
Registered2018-01-02
tj Al Ahly SC⭐
il Numpty >> thursday november 9 - 17:15, Edited thursday november 9 - 17:16

Congrats Phantom.

Where are you expecting it to show up? Some things might not get updated until the end of the season. 

And, yes, all matches that go to penalties are recorded as D on your recent matches and also count as draws for popularity. Minor details, but they still count as wins in the competition. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ng Phantom >> thursday november 9 - 19:07

Thank you Numpty. You share a part in my success story you know it xD .

I was expecting it to show on my profile page in the achievement card of my current club and in the competitions history ..

ng Phantom
User
Registered2018-01-02
tj Al Ahly SC⭐
ee onuelver >> friday november 10 - 04:32

It is now in your museum and profile- needed daily update. Probably you got message "You won the cup!" too. To museum graph it will appear after end of season with league place. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
ng Phantom >> friday november 10 - 06:34

Yeah I've seen it Onuelver.  Thanks 

ng Phantom
User
Registered2018-01-02
tj Al Ahly SC⭐
us Peter >> saturday november 11 - 01:00

I either forgot to set my lineup for the U21 youth cup or there was a suspension/injury, nullifying my lineup, and forcing an automatic one. Either way I had a shitty lineup and my team lost. A victory was entirely doable with the right lineup

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
ng ELCHIDI >> sunday november 12 - 05:46

Last season I won 3 trophies, I hope to reflect it again this season, I'm also working to win the world club cup next season... Or should I stop dreaming?

ng ELCHIDI
User
Registered2018-07-11
ng Xxx*jinx
ru Ebitimi >> sunday november 12 - 11:25

ru Ebitimi
User
Registered2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
ng 11:45 >> sunday november 12 - 11:54

I prefer you to keep dreaming, at least it helps in keeping you silent for a while. Hahaha

ng 11:45
User
Registered2022-07-22
my MPL Elite Team