Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10388)

ee onuelver >> friday january 19 - 04:31

And so i killed Maestro....he disappeared shortly after my last post here.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
il Numpty >> friday january 19 - 09:18

You're an assassin @onuelver. :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hr Kupus >> friday january 19 - 13:25

A side note, I actually believe it was a she. Not a he. 

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
il Numpty >> friday january 19 - 14:24

Oh dear, so she's been 'mispronouned'. 

That's an even worse crime . Apparently. :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> saturday january 20 - 11:21

My Construction Master retired and I immediately replaced him with the best available unassigned staff who had skill level 6. 

The next day I bought a replacement to fill the quota for unassigned staff. His best skill was Construction Master level 7. Ouch!

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> saturday january 20 - 12:05

Man, that's annoying!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
lv Ar4ers >> sunday january 21 - 23:52

How admins accepted this?

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2500485/employment

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
il Numpty >> monday january 22 - 00:26

Yes, it's a massive transfer fee, but the player is world class and still improving. 

What's the issue exactly?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
lv Ar4ers >> monday january 22 - 08:34

It depends how much bidders there was

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
il Numpty >> monday january 22 - 11:55

Yes, other bidders help to 'legitimise' the amount to some degree, But whether there were other bidders or not is not proof that the transfer fee is either excessive or reasonable. 

I'm not admin, but if I were I would ask myself 2 main questions. 

Is the transfer fee within the normal range for 'fair value' and is this an unusual purchase and/or amount for the buying manager? 

When it comes to deciding on 'fair value' the best guide is what other similar players are selling for. This is much more difficult when it comes to valuing the very best players in the game.

This one was a fairly young supertalent at birth and trained for most of his career in an FA6 with 2 staff, which goes some way to explain his massive stats. He's only 26, yet to reach his peak and loyal, so how do you put a fair value on that? Other world class players have sold for similar amounts. I wouldn't want to pay that myself, but it's probably not excessive especially if the buying manager has a track record.  

And when I looked at the buyer that's exactly what I see. North American Champions League finalist for each of the last 5 seasons: 73, 74, 75, 76, 77. 

If it was a one off massive purchase I would have more concerns but the buyer has a track record and knows what he's doing.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ru Ebitimi >> monday january 22 - 13:16

Lol....  That's all I have to say. Because if I say all that's on my mind I might likely get suspended. So LOL 

ru Ebitimi
User
Registered2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
il Numpty >> tuesday january 23 - 00:56

This transfer window is awful - seriously fed up after winning about 1 bid in 20!

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ru Ebitimi >> tuesday january 23 - 05:20

Lol, at least you've won something. I'm yet to and not for lack of trying.

ru Ebitimi
User
Registered2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
eng Cloughie >> tuesday january 23 - 23:04

For the first time I'm thinking of giving of alcohol!!! For some unknown reason I put my new singing and best player up for sale and yesterday ... a day after working hard to find the perfect addition

eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
ru Ebitimi >> wednesday january 24 - 16:19

Lol, Cloughie I saw what you did there. That's very funny Like was that a mistake or something?   Majority of the profit would be taken by the bank since you bought him and sold him in same window.

ru Ebitimi
User
Registered2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo