Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Major League Soccer (388)

ca Sadrudin >> sunday november 13 - 15:06
No games this week(end), because of an international break. It's sort of annoying, because the MLS Cup Playoffs are stopping because of international friendlies. They really shouldn't be having international friendlies right now.
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> sunday november 13 - 15:07
The MLS Cup final will have its first ever Canadian team playing: Who will it be? Montreal Impact or Toronto FC?
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
wal Hudson >> sunday november 13 - 16:12
Montreal
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
it Echo >> monday november 14 - 17:05
I think that TFC can't miss the final with that kind of Giovinco and Altidore!
it Echo
User
Registered2013-05-23
ca Sadrudin >> tuesday november 15 - 21:08
I'm going to give this to Toronto FC. But I wouldn't write off Montreal Impact because Toronto FC and Montreal Impact are arch rivals, and in a rivalry match, anything can happen. Also, in the past with Toronto FC, they can tend to lose stupid matches to teams that they should be beating. But for this fixture (2 leg fixture), with Toronto FC being in such good form of late, I think they will win this fixture. Go Reds!
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> tuesday november 15 - 21:11
Now on the other hand, who do you think will win between Seattle Sounders and Colorado Rapids? Which team will represent the western conference in the MLS Cup final? Keep in mind, Tim Howard was injured for 4 months on international duty with the United States, vs. Mexico.
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday november 15 - 21:52
Without Howard, who is an incredible keeper, Colorado are up a certain creek without a paddle.

I have this feeling that if TFC can get past Montreal, we can actually do this.

I am worried about these Yellow cards Altidore and Bradley have. Are these wiped clean or do they carry through the play offs?

I have tried to read about it online but can't find any info.
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ca Sadrudin >> wednesday november 16 - 22:45
Yellow card accumulation does carry through the playoffs, besides the MLS Cup final. If a player gets too many yellow cards the game before the MLS Cup final (conference final 2nd leg), yellow card accumulation does not apply. Though otherwise, yellow card accumulation does still apply.
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> wednesday november 16 - 22:50
I was wrong on this post:

ca Sadrudin >> sunday november 13 - 10:06
No games this week(end), because of an international break. It's sort of annoying, because the MLS Cup Playoffs are stopping because of international friendlies. They really shouldn't be having international friendlies right now.

The MLS Cup Playoffs were not just stopped because of international friendlies, they were stopped because of the Hex of the World Cup Qualifiers for World Cup 2018 Russia.
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> wednesday november 16 - 22:52, Edited wednesday november 16 - 22:54
United States in their first 2 games of the hex have lost 1-2 to Mexico in Columbus, U.S.A and a 4-0 lost away to Costa Rica!

Canada on the other hand have been even worse than the United States, because under former Canadian and Real Madrid manager, Benito Floro (Benito Floro was fired after Canada failed to qualify for the Hex), they failed to qualify for the Hex!
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday november 16 - 23:05
So if Bradley and Altidore avoid a yellow in leg 1 at Montreal, then we cannot lose anyone on Yellow Card accumulation for the final right?.......even if they get booked in leg 2 at BMO?
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ca Sadrudin >> wednesday november 16 - 23:24
Yes, that's what I meant Alex Seymour!
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> friday november 18 - 02:35
Robbie Keane's contract expires, Steven Gerrard leaves, an end of an era for LA Galaxy?
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> friday november 18 - 02:38
I think with LA Galaxy losing such high caliber players for MLS in Robbie Keane and Steven Gerrard, will be a big hit on them, and may not provide as much short term success to them. But, I think this is for the best of the franchise, as LA Galaxy can get more of a younger team and develop them together over the years, to provide them with even more success in the long term.
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> friday november 18 - 02:42
Robbie Keane said that he would be coming back to play in MLS, with LA Galaxy, or with another MLS team. Here were some of the teams that a resource from the MLS site said could be more likely to pick him up:

- Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United

Out of these 3 teams, who do you think Robbie Keane will join, or do you think he will join another team? Leave a comment!
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18