Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Locked World Cup (508)

eng Stephen >> thursday june 21 - 19:51

Oof, 3-0 to Croatia. Argentina look a shambles.

Mind you, if I was ref, Croatia would find it a lot harder to win. They'd be immediately down to 10 men due to the lad with the ponytail (Vida) getting sent off for having one of the worst haircuts I have ever seen. Modric would also get booked with a promise that if he didn't get his hair cut at half-time he could expect to receive a second yellow in the second half.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
tr Mavi >> thursday june 21 - 19:56

Domination from Rakitic- Modric. Referee lost control in the end, i hope no one is injured in Croatia. There is still chance but Argentina is eliminated. Not mathematically but mentally for sure.

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
eng Stephen >> thursday june 21 - 20:00, Edited thursday june 21 - 20:01

That foul by the first goalscorer - still can't believe he stayed on the pitch after that. It was a disgraceful tackle. A very bad-tempered match all round.

Also, I see there are a surprising number of fans of bad hair playing this game. I apologise if my previous post caused those people offence.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
us Joey Zyla >> thursday june 21 - 20:13, Edited thursday june 21 - 20:17

I fully expected Croatia to advance, but I never would have imagined they would totally outclass Argentina like that. Modric played very well throughout and scored a fantastic goal to cap off his man of the match performance.

The way Croatia have been playing I could see them getting to the semi-finals. The Argentina players were understandably frustrated towards the end, but in my opinion they definitely crossed the line at times. Just like Mavi said hopefully none of the Croatia players are injured. With a fully healthy line-up, they're a great team to watch.

us Joey Zyla
User
Registered2015-01-08
ee Pärnu JK
eng Dragontao >> thursday june 21 - 20:15

Refs should be armed with scissors Stephen. "Haircut or red card - your choice"

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> thursday june 21 - 20:28

And don't get me started on coloured boots. Those mismatched ones from the last World Cup - Puma? - made me irrationally angry!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
pal N10 >> thursday june 21 - 20:32

Does someone think Croatia can be in semifinals at least?

Rakitic, Modric, Kovacic, Mandzukic, Perisic...

pal N10
User
Registered2015-05-29
co Deportivo Dynamo
eng Dragontao >> thursday june 21 - 20:37

Coloured boots, feminine haircuts, surprised some of them aren't playing in drag. They fall down like little girls going up against heavyweights at the slightest touch.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ng Sonic >> thursday june 21 - 20:46

Honestly, Nigeria fared better against Croatia than Argentina did, they were unfortunate to concede two set piece goals..... Anyway if Nigeria fails to qualify I'll be happy to see Argentina go down with them...

Best match ever

ng Sonic
User
Registered2015-07-20
ng Sonicstar fc
nl Losing >> thursday june 21 - 20:57

@Dragontao

What are you, the gender police?

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
us Joey Zyla >> thursday june 21 - 21:13

@N10, I did say

"The way Croatia have been playing I could see them getting to the semi-finals."

tongue-out

us Joey Zyla
User
Registered2015-01-08
ee Pärnu JK
eng Stephen >> thursday june 21 - 21:14

@N10, I'm hoping Colombia can come back still! The tournament looks in danger of losing it's 'world' feel very soon. Back in 2002 or so, it felt like other non-traditional countries were going to start challenging, but it feels like a very 'European' tournament just now.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ee Kaarel >> friday june 22 - 05:55

It was enjoyable game last night, Arg - Cro. I always like to see Croatia to play.
About yesterday game the referee was really bothering me. He did so many mistakes. He really let game out of his hands by not giving cards for brutal fouls, on both sides. It was really fortunate that noone was seriously injured on that match.
And Messi kick with knee towards other player and not a red card... joke.

ee Kaarel
User
Registered2013-12-25
ee Anonüümsed Alkohoolikud
eng holt >> friday june 22 - 13:10

Looks like my boyz Denmark getting out of this ruckus soon enough.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ro Andrei >> friday june 22 - 13:39
Iceland has equally good chances to get out of the groups. But they have to win later today.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30