Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

World Transfer Talk (211)

eng Dragontao >> wednesday may 30 - 11:12

I'd prefer that as well. Not going to happen though. Too many of the players want him out. You only have to look at the way they downed tools again when it suited them this season. Just as they did to Mourinho.

Watch Cahill's on pitch interview after the cup final. Twice he was asked if he wanted Conte to stay. Twice he ignored the questiom. William obscured Conte in a team photo (he deleted it from Instagram after but too late). Hazard has said he's off unless Chelsea sign better players. He wants a change in style of play. 

The club always bow to player power because it's easier and cheaper to get rid of managers.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng holt >> wednesday may 30 - 16:14

Managers are cheap.Lol thats why Moyes,Big Sam,Pardew,Hogson,McLaren and Ranieri are still around.Even Carlo who is at Napoli,gets pushed around.

I want to see a manager who can scream at his players and get away with it.Other than Gattuso.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Dragontao >> wednesday may 30 - 17:02

You don't think managers are cheap? Compared to replacing a team with top quality players they are very cheap at clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid etc. It will never be the players who get chopped.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ca denisgrad >> wednesday may 30 - 17:49

I agree Daragontao. The players are out and players have more power in the club than the manager in forcing the manager out. But sooner or later this has to change or there will never be stability in our club. 

ca denisgrad
Registered2013-04-22
eng holt >> thursday may 31 - 07:02

Not when you have players that have their Release Clauses in hundreds of millions of dollars.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Dragontao >> thursday may 31 - 07:58, Edited thursday may 31 - 07:59

1. A club can sell lower than the release clause if they want a player out. Release clauses for high sums aren't put into contracts for player's benefit. They can hinder a player who wants to leave and the club doesn't want to sell.

2. You've made my point. Easier to get rid of a manager than finding clubs willing to pay a high price for a player you don't want to let go cheap and then pay a high price for a similar quality replacement.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng holt >> thursday may 31 - 15:48

But didn't the La Liga ban the implementation of Release Clauses or something?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
lv Namejs >> thursday may 31 - 16:03

Release fees for manager are astronomical as well. If fans could say: how much did Mourinho received after beeing fired rom Chelsea? 

Release clauses are ment to prevent clubs from loosing their star players. Although that doesn't always work.

If a player (or group of them) starts to act out against manager the reasonable thing still would be to find those players and sell them not to fire managers. As mentioned above: firing manager who has time left on contract means settlement fee, selling player means profit for club and also that could be considered as warning sign for others.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
eng holt >> thursday may 31 - 16:10

Like Payet? 

Cause as far as I can remember,it went pretty bad for West Ham.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ca denisgrad >> thursday may 31 - 20:17

As far as I know its mandatory for a player to have a release clause in La Liga. Where as in other leagues like BPL for example, the contract might not have a release clause at all (though its not common) and the club doesnt have to let go of the player at any price. Contracts without release clauses are more common in Europe's lower leagues. 

ca denisgrad
Registered2013-04-22
eng Dragontao >> thursday may 31 - 20:26

Release clauses don't necessarily mean a club has to sell, just discuss. The players are still under contract. In reality there's no point keeping an unhappy player though.

Chelsea have spent a fortune on sacking managers in the last 12 ears.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng holt >> friday june 1 - 03:36

@Denisgrad  That is because if the player's team does a Sunderland,he would not like to go down with his shitty club.Except Jack Rodwell.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
my Kesvick >> friday june 1 - 07:37

Denisgrad, AFAIK only Spain mandates a release clause in players' contracts.

Dragontao, I think there is some confusion on the wording. It means that they must accept the bid. Whether the player agrees is another thing. In most cases, they do need to sell if the release clause is triggered.

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Dragontao >> friday june 1 - 07:49

Yes, I think you're right. Which is why they set them so ridiculously high.

I thought in Spain the preference was for buyout clauses rather than release clauses.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
lv Namejs >> friday june 1 - 09:19

Barcelona was forced to accept bid for Neymar because there was a club who matched release clause.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri