Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Getting Rich In The Game (196)

ua Garfman >> wednesday january 27 - 18:50

Why should there be only one currency, Davo?

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
au davo >> wednesday january 27 - 22:15

There should just be one currency, or at least just every currency has an exchange rate of 1= $RSD1. The reason for this is that there is no purpose for the exchange rate and all it does is confuse matters.

The exchange rates do not give the game more realism to the game. $500m is not a realistic market value for a player (either in real life or in the game these days). My best paid player earns $1.5m per week - this is not realistic. Treatment costs for players are not realistic, costs of buildings and running costs are no realistic. Staff wages are not realistic.

So, as there is no realism in this game, then why introduce a series of exchange rates that means that it is difficult for people from different countries to understand each other? Why make it so that a manager in Argentina has a currency that is worth 0.1 of a currency in Australia? And then, why make it so there is no list of exchange rates? All this does, as demonstrated above, is create confusion.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
ua Good bye >> wednesday january 27 - 22:25

@Davo
does it mean that the argentina currency rate is bigger than yours ?, and to be honest i dont understand whats the RSD is all about and i cant convert that either.
i will love if there will be one currency to be used in the game, if its RSD let it be so throughout. thank you

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
il Numpty >> wednesday january 27 - 23:07, Edited wednesday january 27 - 23:10

I agree that it causes confusion and often makes communication difficult with other managers, especially with new managers and those who are unaware of the exchange rates and simply quote their own currency. 

When posting on the forum I always use RSD even though my own currency is the British pound. This helps to provide clarity. 

What is needed is a quick reference where we can look up all the different exchange rates.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> wednesday january 27 - 23:08, Edited thursday january 28 - 09:19

$500m RSD or AUD are the equivalent of $5bn of your currency. Therefore $1 RSD/AUD is worth 10 of your currency.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
ua Good bye >> thursday january 28 - 09:07

Okay....

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
eng holt >> thursday january 28 - 14:12

@Numpty It isnt the biggest pain in the backside when it comes to the game.Barely takes a minute to adjust to every time you encounter it.

@davo Couldn't disagree more. One of the side effects of imitating real life is that you also have to incorparate the inconveniences linked to it. I'd rather just see RSD than euros,yen and dollars having the same value. If 500 million $ players doesn't make sense, then neither does having keepers going strong at 45 or inanimated fat stick figures on a screen or 13 yr old players and the system of popularity all together.Either revamp the entire game or make everything standardised or "RS-ised". If any updates were to be made to the game, this would be at the bottom of the priority list.

I don't need to defend it though, since it never will anyways....

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
au davo >> thursday january 28 - 22:11

@Holt, my point is that there is no realism in the game. Player market values, wages, ground sizes, the linear way in which players improve, facility costs, etc. etc. Pretty much nothing about the game bears a resemblence to reality. Even the exchange rates are nonsense.

The only reason that I suggest using a blanket exchange rate of 1=1 rather than everyone using RSD($), is because often people are more comfortable using their own currency descriptor. It is also easier as far as typing in the forums go. I, for example, find it easy to type $1 but not so easy to type £1, ¥1, or €1 as those symbols are not on my keyboard.

As @Numpty said, we don't know how many currencies, and how many different exchange rates there are. If we are using a computer rather than a phone or ipad we know the rate for RSD/JPY/CNY/GBP/RON, but we do not know the rest. It is not written down anywhere. Some of them are inexplicably complicated too. 1RSD - ¥12.3456789 ?!

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
eng holt >> friday january 29 - 11:40, Edited friday january 29 - 11:42

Heh.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> friday january 29 - 11:51

"Barely takes a minute to adjust to every time you encounter it."

Really?

It's true, the maths is simple. That's fine when you already know the exchange rate.

However, I've experienced difficulties with a few fairly new managers. Trying to get them to provide me via PM with reliable and accurate information that allowed me to be confident of their exchange rate wasn't easy. Not everyone always makes themselves clear. 

This is why it would be useful to have a reference list of all the different currencies and exchange rates.  That would be sufficient to make your 1 minute adjustment.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Good bye >> friday january 29 - 15:02

such managers include Me

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
ua Good bye >> sunday january 31 - 08:43, Edited sunday january 31 - 08:50

This season I will try as much as I can to fill up my stadium and to get the 20% attendance total of 120k attendance, then see how the money flows in.

I tried my best to get young players for farming which I know that my match results this season won't be attractive, but I will try my best.

So far last season we tried our best but you will be asking yourself why my team lost the playoffs, we do it intentionally because we aren't ready to compete with teams in league one.

We also bought a new strong goalkeeper but his age is quite odd, all eyes will be on him because he has to save lots of saves this season as my defense will be poor too.

No bid was made to my best strike so I will keep him to be crucial in goal scoring. But his wages is much.

I believe with my efforts to generate much income, I will be able to save money to build my stadium 11.

I really need that stadium which is our target.

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
eng holt >> sunday january 31 - 17:05

Who is Me?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> sunday january 31 - 18:16

The Walrus?

I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together
See how they run like pigs from a gun
See how they fly
I'm crying

Boy, you've been a naughty girl ...

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Balthazor >> sunday january 31 - 19:13

For me it took around a year (7 seasons) to collect that stadium-11 money without special farming. I didn't invest into players that period, just promoted best homegrown players to first team. It brought to relegation finally with both my clubs and very domestic lineups :D With first team I survived construction period, but it let too big hole to my midfield and I couldn't repair it successfully.

With second team relegation was planned and I started D2 period with young lineup. Things turned to little bit wrong as in the end of last D1 season I got needed money, but unfortunately 2 home matches with newer teams happened to end and ruined my chances to start building. In D2 I couldn't get needed attendances and had to wait promotion, after that I got needed attendances and started stadium(still in progress). I kept knowingly my transfer activity low(only sales mostly to bank) in D2 period to ensure that I'll keep needed money and collect some investments to strengthen my team when promoted. Now I can say that it worked: survived first season back in D2 and on second season earned surprising euro spot. Now my main goal is to earn missing Austrian medal after several 4th places. 

Now it needs more work with my first team as Estonian league is tougher than Austrian league at top level. 

Successful farmers need probably much less time to collect that money and I had level 1 academies too already. But I am quite patient by nature and best things tend to happen when you don't expect them too much. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn