Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

Return to search results

English >> Suggestions

Transfer Reviews (17)

eng Samuel >> wednesday july 12 - 12:24

Does it not seem unnecessary to have a transfer review for players you buy at market value?

Would it not be better to have the transfers just go through automatically?

For example if you bid and win on a player that was the same as the market value the transfer goes through straight away.

Or even above or below market value by 10%-20%.

eng Samuel
Registered2016-10-30
lv DJ_EV >> wednesday july 12 - 12:32, Edited wednesday july 12 - 12:33

Well, market value does not always match player's real value, often it's much higher. There was even today suggestion thread about adjusting player values as they aren't close to player's real value. Unless we have good enough dynamic value system, this won't work.

Though, I don't really like the whole approval system as whole. As seen in forums, it just creates whole lot of frustration as every person might have different player value in mind (at also you don't know if and when you'll get the player) and is not punishing bad decisions by managers while it does minimal job to discourage cheating. Also, admins using this could theoretically even cheat themselves and try to control the market (don't get me wrong, not saying it happens, but it could).

lv DJ_EV
Registered2014-07-04
eng Samuel >> wednesday july 12 - 12:48

I do agree that the market values in place are all wrong.

A better transfer system is to let transfers go trough then once a transfer is completed all transfers are visible by every manager, then next to the transfer you can have a report button if you think cheating is involved.

This way the admins only see what transfers have been reported and not every single transfer.

Also once the market values are in place, set a minimum and maximum if the bids fall within these values then just let the transfers go through.

eng Samuel
Registered2016-10-30
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday july 12 - 12:50

As DJ_EV said, the market value is just a number. Not all players are worth the market value. Some can not even be sold at all because there is no need for them. This is the category of players that is most often cheated with.

I am sorry that the process of reviewing transfers causes inconvenience. Before we did this people complained about other people cheating with transfers though.

I do not see how any individual admin could control the market using the review system. Would you care to elaborate on that DJ_EV? No admin is allowed to review their own transfer and no single admin can decide on a transfer. 

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday july 12 - 12:54

@Samuel Lee: this discussion has been led many times before. No fixed formula will ever be accurate for all players, simply because some players are not needed by any team and some are so rare that their value is defined by how much money people have. The market value is only a starting point for negotiations. It works fine for this purpose as long as you do not mistake it for the actual value of the player.

Letting transfers pass and then revert them when needed was how we did it in the past and this causes a lot more trouble. People may already have sold the player again or spent the money.

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng Samuel >> wednesday july 12 - 12:55

'I am sorry that the process of reviewing transfers causes inconvenience. Before we did this people complained about other people cheating with transfers though'.

This is why I suggested to let transfers go trough then once a transfer is completed all transfers are visible by every manager, then next to the transfer you can have a report button if you think cheating is involved.

eng Samuel
Registered2016-10-30
eng Samuel >> wednesday july 12 - 13:03

Thank you for your answers Vincent. smile

Just a curious question;

How many cheats have been caught using this method of reviewing every transfer?

eng Samuel
Registered2016-10-30
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday july 12 - 13:22

More than 0. Do not ask for more details because we will not give them. The transfer system is by far the most vulnerable part of the game to cheaters. It needs to be monitored. This is something that has evolved over time and is the way it is now because it is necessary, not because we really want to spend a lot of time on it.

This discussion seems to be caused mostly by the few transfers that take a long time to review. Most transfers are reviewed within a few hours. There are only a handful that take longer to investigate. It is not unreasonable for transfers to take time to be completed. 

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng Samuel >> wednesday july 12 - 13:36

Thank you Vincent, I must say it is nice to have a game developer answer all our questions, it is not often you see that in other games.

eng Samuel
Registered2016-10-30
eng Samuel >> wednesday july 12 - 14:16

Right one more crazy idea for the transfer system then I will leave it alone. Just and idea please be kind in your responses. wink

How about...

Removing bidding rounds and lotteries altogeher. wink

For example:

I list a player for market value at £20m, that player stays on the transfer list for 24 hours.

Managers can only bid between certain values say 50% under the asking price to 100% over the asking price.

After 24 hours once all the bids are in the selling manager can choose which bid to accept. The transfer will then go through the review system as normal.

I know you will say friends will keep transfers between themselves etc... this is a good thing it will make managers interact with one another. It will also prevent you selling a top player to a direct rival.

It will build relationships between managers, end lotteries and bidding rounds. It will also end youngsters being sold for billions. It will also make it easier for managers to plan and build their team as they know what player they are buying instead of this lottery system.

I think the managers should have more of a say where their player goes.

There will always be managers cheating the transfer system this happens on every game, either impose transfer bans or remove from game.

Countless times I have negotiated with other managers only to lose out to a flawed transfer system. 

Honestly the whole economy for players needs to be reset.

No defender should have a market value of £166m, in fact no player should, player values should be more like real life this would make the transfer market much more appealing. Sadly this I know can never happen now due to the fact some teams have billions in their accounts.

eng Samuel
Registered2016-10-30
lv DJ_EV >> wednesday july 12 - 15:31

@Vincent Yes, single admin can't affect in any way, but as seen there are many communities with several admins. It is possible that 2 or 3 of them get together and try, for example, to not allow their opposition transfers etc.

lv DJ_EV
Registered2014-07-04
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday july 12 - 15:46

@DJ_EV: yes, but then you're talking about a conspiracy of admins. That would be a bad thing, but it can not happen unnoticed and frankly, this is not very likely.

@Samuel: sorry I will not reply in-depth to this suggestion. We have thought very long on our current system and I have explained why we do it this way several times on the forum.

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
lv DJ_EV >> wednesday july 12 - 17:03

@Vincent I hope and I trust you. :)

lv DJ_EV
Registered2014-07-04
ca Will >> wednesday july 12 - 18:10, Edited wednesday july 12 - 18:18
@Samuel Lee >> Today - 16:16
Sorry if you feel you should have won a player but did not. I've no opinion on that. However regarding your suggestions in the last post above: No, no, no, no and um, please no ;) For all new suggestions, first they should do no harm.

- - -

I think this is important to restate:

The Rocking Soccer transfer market is robust, very fair, and one the best aspects of this game. It is a core competency of RS. In fact, it is one of the best balanced player transfers systems of ANY online game anywhere . Including, I assure you, those some of you might have in mind :)

I agree some Dev tweaks are welcome. For example, perhaps more win chance categories, and updating the weighting variance of the win chance categories.

But before anyone wishes to break the system, I ask they please first read up on the hundreds of threads, posts and hours of debate. Understand the existing balancing mechanisms. These include: seller interests, buyer interests, support for new managers, financial redresses, removing excess players, bot team balance, absorbing the supply of loan players, and allowing non-VIPs with only 2 seller slots to be market active... etc., etc.

...in addition to the fairness issues addressed by Vincent above.
ca Will
User
Registered2015-03-21
eng Samuel >> wednesday july 12 - 18:25

@Will

I do not agree that the RS transfer system is the most balanced and fair when every player that has more than one bid is entered into a lottery.

Win % means nothing at all and like you said needs tweaking.

Do not get me wrong I do love this game and Vincent and the others behind it can feel very proud.

I just feel the transfer system needs to evolve just like other aspects of the game are.

This is why I love this game, it is evolving, not like many other online manager games.

eng Samuel
Registered2016-10-30