Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Voting for the national manager (57)

nl Vincent de Boer >> monday february 18 - 07:55
I'm thinking about how to appoint national managers. I want to make a voting system, but I'm still undecided on who should be able to vote, and for which countries one should be able to set yourself electable.

I'm interested to know your thoughts on this. Please give arguments when you post something.

Being a national manager is going to be a VIP-feature by the way.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
ad Beltran >> monday february 18 - 12:40
I would make only the country could nominate candidates who want to train.
Where candidates have not, that could be presented whoever wanted.
ad Beltran
Registered2013-02-07
ar Koa >> monday february 18 - 13:27
I'm curious about the player selection process by the national manager. In all cases the final decision rests in the club manager right? I mean, if I have no intentions to lend a player of mine I can reject the nomination/invitation? That would be similar to rocking rackets world team cup system
ar Koa
Registered2012-12-18
nl Vincent de Boer >> monday february 18 - 14:04
No, you can't reject your player's selection in the national team. I don't believe this is possible in real life soccer either, otherwise I suppose a lot of the big clubs would refuse to let their players play for the national team.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng pepsy11 >> monday february 18 - 14:39
I would say that a country can only have a manager from that country(i can for example only be the trainer of Denmark), unless, there is no players with VIP from that country, then all VIP's can chip in at the post. This is to avoid a lot of bot-controlled countries. Another thing i consider important, is that you can only apply to be manager in one country! So if i want to just have a country to control, i have to give up my chance to control Denmark. That way people have to make a choice.
And only users who can apply for being national manager in the voting country can vote(this would make voting a vip thing)

In real life it is the player's decision whether or not they want to play for their country(most players do), so managers don't have a lot to say.
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
br Irvine Kinneas >> monday february 18 - 14:48
I agree. As I see, there will be national teams dates, right?! So why to reject the nomination to the national team?

I was thinking, since the morning about the vote system. It could be voted by, per example, the managers of the 10 better teams of each league. Or the best VIP managers in the league. This could be fair enough.

And I don't believe that, per example, a english manager would be voted for the brazil national team or another. So, I agree with @Albert, at least in the beggining, I would make just spanish managers in Spain, brazilians in Brazil, etc.
br Irvine Kinneas
User
Registered2013-02-08
nl Vincent de Boer >> monday february 18 - 14:57
It would have to be "managers of a team in Brazil" then, since you could just change your nationality.

I think letting all managers in a country (also the non-vip managers, and also the lower levels) have a vote would work fine.

As for candidates, I think the smaller countries should also be able to have a national manager, only letting managers playing in that country be electable might be too restrictive?
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
br Irvine Kinneas >> monday february 18 - 15:07
You're right.
And yes, in that countries, possibly it would be too restrictive.
br Irvine Kinneas
User
Registered2013-02-08
eng pepsy11 >> monday february 18 - 15:08
I can see that letting managers without VIP vote is fine.
With small countries, i just think that if there is just a single player with that nationality and VIP, i think it would be nice to let him be the national manager, rather than him haveing to compete with players from other countries.
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
us ranks39 >> monday february 18 - 16:59
I don't know, when I started I chose to be assigned to a random country but I am American, so I don't like being restricted to only the country that your team is in.
us ranks39
Registered2013-02-12
eng pepsy11 >> monday february 18 - 17:47
I don't like that idea either.. =s I would not be able to become national manager unless i changed team? I wouldn't do that..
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
nl Vincent de Boer >> monday february 18 - 18:10
It's either based on the competition you play in or it's totally free. It doesn't make sense to base it on the country you selected in your profile, you can set that to anything you like.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng pepsy11 >> monday february 18 - 18:20
Okay.. If it is possible to just change country i see the problem.. Then i suppose that no matter what country you are in you can apply for that countries national manager. Even if you are not from that country(still only as vip of course).. That would make it more "fair"/fun for people playing in another country..
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
se Flávio Fernandes >> monday february 18 - 23:32
As the game is now in my opinion it should be one voting by the players that play in the country because you can change your country at any time....

So like i play in Finland and to the election is only between people who are in the finnish leagues might vote.

But anybody would have the chance to be trying to be the national coach of country no matter where they play or are from.....

This is the system i always saw in other games and i think it could work fine for us here.

and about the VIP i dont think it would be nice for now, because the election should be based on the best manager and being VIP would make it very restricted even if most of times the best managers, the ones who pay more attention to the game tend to be the ones who get the VIP.... i dont think it would be the case to make it restrcit only for then.
se Flávio Fernandes
User
Registered2013-02-07
nl Corniel >> tuesday february 19 - 10:01
Is suggested before (and I agree): only managers of teams of the countries should be able to vote or be elected.

I think It should be an extra on top of your normal manager job.

Furthermore, I think that you should only be allowed to select players from a pre selected group (by the computer, lets say 30) of players. Training wise, It's a huge advantage to have selected players, so It would not be a nice thing to select as much as possible players from your own team (of from teams from friends).

If a country had no VIP-managers, every VIP-manager should be able to apply.

Include countries that don't have a competition too, when there are at least 16 players available (including a keeper).
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18