Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

international selection (32)

eng Kezza >> monday june 24 - 14:03
Any other International managers get messages begging him to pick or leave out a player.. would like to hear what you guys do... Is it fair to make another player play 2 games, just because the other players managet has an important game and wants you to drop him?

Would be intetested on everyone's opinions

Cheers,

Kezzer
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
hu Zsone >> monday june 24 - 14:11
I got a couple of that messages and i have no problem with that,i can understund if someone asks from me to rest his player because he is tyred and got lot of crucial games,to play only 45 minutes.Of course if that game would be a decider whos gonna qualify than probably i would play him but if i got pretty similar player on that position i will respect his view on this.Must be a contact between managers of teams and national managers...
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
nl Danh >> monday june 24 - 14:17
I am not an international manager on this game but on an other game I am and I agree with Zsone that communication between managers is the key.
U want them to deliver fit and good players they want you to play there players or not and if you communicate this fairly with them it will help a lot.
nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
at schorny >> monday june 24 - 14:26
I get a few such messages.
I look at the player in question and decide if he is good enough for my NT.

What I do respond to is if I get asked to give a player some rest.
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
us Tintin >> monday june 24 - 15:18
In the end, the community of the game is the most crucial part. I'm happy to see managers communicating with each other a lot because it means they do care much. I'd listen to their requests and try my best to accommodate if it's reasonable.
us Tintin
User
Registered2013-04-05
it Bert Van Marwijk >> monday june 24 - 15:51
i agree with Zsone...
it Bert Van Marwijk
User
Registered2013-02-21
nl Corniel >> monday june 24 - 16:00
I agree with Zsone too. :)
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
hu MacikaG >> monday june 24 - 16:23
Me too. :-)
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
es Arnauer >> monday june 24 - 16:34
It's exactly what happens in real life. Some clubs want that their players play less. I agree with Zsone too. Communication is important and what makes an online game beautiful.
es Arnauer
User
Registered2013-05-26
us Ulysses >> monday june 24 - 17:09
I've seen the issue of fatigue resolved on another game by separating fatigue for regular games and national team games. Another solution would be to prevent conflicts from being scheduled (this seems to already be done to some extent).

I haven't received any requests not to play a player. I probably also handle it as Zsone suggested. If forced to choose between 2 players for an unimportant match, I would probably leave out the player whose manager was concerned enough to contact me, thus encouraging communication. To be fair, the player that plays would be compensated by the extra experience (though the better player would probably have gotten the experience by the end of the season anyway).
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
il joest5 >> monday june 24 - 17:18
Somtimes it might be even more then communication. When a team is playing in an international tournament (chamions league or so) it is also in the interst of the national team manager (if he is from the same country) that this team players wont be too tired if there is a small gap between a national game and a team intrnational game.
After all, a success of this team will benefit all that national teams in the future.
il joest5
Translator
Registered2013-02-07
eng pepsy11 >> monday june 24 - 17:28
@Ulysses Having different fatigue would be extremely bad and ruin a lot of realism in the game.

I have received some requests and I has done as Zsone until now. =) But i don't see any problems which should be fixed. This is close to real life and i think it is really cool.
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
eng Kezza >> monday june 24 - 18:03, Edited monday june 24 - 18:04
interesting discussion (and thanks everyone who has replied so far).. before I took the job I didnt realise I would get these kind of requests.. but it seems I'm not the only one.. and agree with the general opinion.
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
au Mr Legs >> tuesday june 25 - 05:05
I have only had one request and that was to play a player if I select him in squad. So that he wouldn't miss out on games and then not even get an international match.

Personally, if I got a request like you guys did, I would assess it & determine the importance of the international match & only concede to their request if it could be done without harming the national team. When I have my NT Manager hat on the NT comes first - if a player is already fatigued, I won't play him. But if I had a request to rest a player because it would fatigue him for some upcoming club match, I would probably agree if it was a friendly coming up, but if he was in strongest squad & it was for WC quals, then most likely I would still play him.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
it Fresty >> tuesday june 25 - 10:25
I completely agree with you, Mr. Legs!
it Fresty
Registered2012-12-18