Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

New wage formula (12)

nl Vincent de Boer >> thursday july 13 - 10:52
We have made a final adjustment to the experimental wage formula based on the feedback we have received from you. We raised the wage of keepers to make it closer to similar players on other positions. The experimental wages of field players have not changed since the previous update.

We will replace the real formula in a few days after all transfers have been completed. This does not mean that you will instantly pay more wages. Each player has a contract with a wage that is fixed for one season. When the contract expires (which can happen any time during the season) the new wage will be calculated using the new formula, with the following restrictions:

- Players can lose at most 10% of their wage per season (new)
- Players can gain at most 50% compared to their previous contract. (existing rule)
- Exception: if the difference in wage is very big (more than 3 times the previous wage) players can gain 100% (new)

These restrictions do not apply when a player is sold. After a transfer the player receives a new contract instantly with a new wage, even if this wage is much higher than the previous wage. This is why we are updating this formula after all the current transfers are completed.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
us Mike >> thursday july 13 - 10:55

Thanks for the update Vincent.  Makes sense and seems fair.  When do you plan to have the corresponding experimental market values updated?

us Mike
User
Registered2015-05-29
us Colonials FC
cn 淡定ing >> thursday july 13 - 10:56

Got it.Seems to be very good.

cn 淡定ing
User
Registered2013-04-04
eng Stephen >> thursday july 13 - 11:56

Sounds sensible. Thanks.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
nl Koen >> thursday july 13 - 12:30

Looks fine to me. My highest wages are indeed for my best players. Not necessarily in starrating, but how valuable they are for the team.

The new salaries will cost me an extra 1,4 million euro's per day for the whole club once all players have their new salaries. That's a severe hit for my finances, but that's what it is supposed to be. All in all, comparing the wages for players of different qualities, the formula looks pretty good! Compliments Vincent!

nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday july 19 - 09:15

This is now live. The wages are now calculated by the new formula when one of the contracts of your player expires.

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
vu Amun-Ra >> friday july 21 - 01:42

I just got a new youth player and his wage exceeds every wage of my u20 players. He has 5 star talent but he's not that special. He's getting 3000 as a 15y old. Are these normal wages? Can I expect my other wages of the youthplayers to become similar?

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1530125

vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday july 21 - 20:05

Hi Amun-Ra,

The new wage formula has been on display for several months. It has now been removed, but wages have indeed been increased a lot for young players. It is normal that a new youth would have a higher wage than those that still have their old wages.

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
vu Amun-Ra >> saturday july 22 - 08:34

Yes I can see it for some while now but it's a new player. I didn't expect such a high wage. I don't really get this wages thing. When I compared old wage total and new wage total it was a difference of maybe 50.000 and now one youth player already earns 5times more than what could be expected. A 0,75 player earns 3000. That's quite a lot imo.

vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
nl Vincent de Boer >> saturday july 22 - 17:06

It's a bit late to have this discussion. This was explained at length in this topic: https://rockingsoccer.com/nl/voetbal/forum/home-en?search_content=experimental%20wages&topic=79527

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
vu Amun-Ra >> sunday july 23 - 13:05

Yes it's a bit late but I wasn't expecting for my new youth players to cost me five times as much. I was thinking of a double wage at most for every individual player. 

vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
nl Vincent de Boer >> sunday july 23 - 14:33, Edited sunday july 23 - 14:33

The average is about twice as high as it was. For young players it has been raised a lot. Their old wages were really low.

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15