Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Flank Training not training?? (6)

eng M >> tuesday december 25 - 10:20

Hi guys, have trained a couple of players in flank training but it doesnt seem to change the flank the player is able to play on.

Is it a hidden factor? or a graphical glitch? or do i need to train multiple times?

Many thanks

eng M
Registered2018-05-30
il Numpty >> tuesday december 25 - 11:55, Edited tuesday december 25 - 11:57

With Position Training, which is similar, one third of the position-points of this player are  removed and added to the selected position.

I imagine that Flank Training works in the same way, so you would need a few trainings to convert Left experience to Right experience, and vice versa. There is no "Centre" experience. 

You can do exactly the same thing by simply playing the player on the chosen flank, or in the centre, which saves you both the cost of the xp and the special training time. It just takes a bit longer.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng M >> tuesday december 25 - 13:23

Hi Numpty,thanks for respomding.

I've taken a snippet from the Help article. It's a little uninformative

Flank training

The cheapest training is to train a player to play on a different flank. Once completed, the performance of your player on that flank immediately goes up.

I have trained in right flank as the player is L/C flank only at the moment. However,after training the R does not appear.

So, maybe the training is not enough to give the player enough experience in that flank to be sufficiant to desere the flank tag??

Also,does training a player in Left flank when he already is Left flank tagged mean he performs better inj the left flank? and how do i know what level of that flank experience he has?

Thanks.

eng M
Registered2018-05-30
il Numpty >> tuesday december 25 - 13:40, Edited tuesday december 25 - 13:55

Unlike position experience we don't get given any numbers for the flank experience. 

Based on the help, and my own observations, the way it works is that a player who is described as L, if trained (or played) on the right will first of all become L/C, then L/C/R, then R/C and eventually R. 

So your player who is L/C, if played on the right (or even in the centre), won't become Right-sided straight away, he will next be described as L/C/R. If you play him on the Left then that will have the reverse effect and slow down the change. 

I would estimate the numbers to be something like the following:  

• Left experience 0-20%, Right experience 80-100%. Flank R
  • Left experience 20-40%, Right experience 60-80%. Flank R/C
  • Left experience 40-60%, Right experience 40-60%. Flank L/C/R
  • Left experience 60-80%, Right experience 20-40%. Flank L/C
  • Left experience 80-100%, Right experience 0-20%. Flank L

This is just guesswork, but it's probably fairly close to how it works. What we don't know is exactly where they sit in each range, because we're not given the exact numbers. But playing a Left-sided player always on the left, means he will eventually reach his max for that side, just like with position experience.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng M >> tuesday december 25 - 13:58

Ok,i understand.

For any reason i assumed it was all equal measure as long as they could have the flank tag. Good to know. Many thanks.

eng M
Registered2018-05-30
il Numpty >> tuesday december 25 - 14:09, Edited tuesday december 25 - 14:11

I've mostly worked that out by observation.

If I play an L/C/R player mostly on the left then after a while he becomes L/C. If he continues on the left then he eventually becomes L only. Plus similar changes as I have described above. 

It's also useful to observe players who are on the cusp of 2 different flank "positions". A player who has recently changed his flank, say from L/C/R to L/C, will quickly revert back to his former flank position if played in the centre. That tells me that there is a range within each flank description. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets