Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Beer recommendations (17)

eng Stephen >> friday october 23 - 19:08

I have recklessly allowed my beer supplies to run out. To help me stock up again, any recommendations? I am not keen on anything too fruity or citrus-flavoured, but will happily drink pretty much anything else. 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
be Lukas Lava >> friday october 23 - 19:26

Start drinking Belgium Beers ;)

be Lukas Lava
User
Registered2013-04-05
be Vipra Rossa
eng Stephen >> friday october 23 - 19:35

Which ones though?

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> friday october 23 - 20:24

Running out of beer is obviously a crime. 

It did make me laugh during the first lockdown when the supermarkets were rationing beer. It makes sense to limit the amount of essential supplies but no-one's going to die if the beer shelves are empty. Well apart from those who bought it all. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> friday october 23 - 20:46

I enjoy the occasional German or Czech Pilsner - can't stand the fruity or hoppy beers.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> friday october 23 - 21:03

Have you any favourites, Lee?

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
hr Kupus >> friday october 23 - 21:54

Croatian Karlovacko

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
eng Lee >> friday october 23 - 22:23

Pilsner Urquell, Bitburger, and Warsteiner are the main ones I've had.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
be Bartje_vM >> monday october 26 - 11:19

My favourite by far is the Bariste Chocolate Quadriple from Kasteelbier, so Belgian ale. When I was in England (in March, just before corona hit the fan) I enjoyed a beer called 'Frontier'. But mostly I drink Belgian beers. I like different kind of beers, from dark (Blue Chimay) to blond (La Trappe Blond, Triple and Quadriple) or Omer if you are into a nice low calorie blond beer.

Mostly beers from Gouden Carolus are fine too, but the new funked is rubbish to me, to much 'smoked' flavour, just too special. But the Gouden Carolus Whisky Infused is very nice, but heavy...

be Bartje_vM
User
Registered2016-12-04
in FC Farīdābād #2
ee Kaarel >> wednesday october 28 - 07:29

All kinds of handcraft beers. Once you try them you don't want those cheap ones anymore. :)

I personally like all kind of IPAs, I love the strong taste in them.

ee Kaarel
User
Registered2013-12-25
ee Anonüümsed Alkohoolikud
nl JvB >> wednesday october 28 - 10:04

Indeed Belgium beers are the best. My favourites are Blond and triple beers. Gouden Carolus, Kasteel, Triple 'd Anvers, Karmeliet, Maredsous, the list is endless. My personal favourites are Gauloise triple blond (not easy to find)and La Chouffe. 

Enjoy!

nl JvB
User
Registered2017-12-31
nl Jeka
us cdowne >> saturday october 31 - 18:18

In Europe,  the Belgium beers are my favorite as well. Trappistes Rochefort is very good. Brouwerij de Halve Maan has a very good quadruple.  

Otherwise, find someone to ship you something from Treehouse brewing in the US. Many consider them to have the best IPAs in the world.

Beer Advocate is a good source of info. They rate and rank most every popular beer within style and location.

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
eng Lee >> thursday november 5 - 01:25

Stephen - what did you stock up with?

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> thursday november 5 - 09:37

I’m still doing my research! Some of this stuff I’ve never heard of, but it sounds really interesting when I’ve been reading about it. I’ve been having a look at some of the companies who can ship something a bit more exotic.

I’m a big fan of German beers from my time living there. But you can normally only get a slim selection in the UK.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> thursday november 5 - 15:22

You're quite the meticulous planner - I usually buy what's on special!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels