League of England season 10

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 75 (107)

il Numpty >> saturday august 26 - 14:04, Edited saturday august 26 - 14:20

I think the title is very likely to go to Seaburn, although Newcastle might push them close.

My top 3 picks are:

1. Seaburn

2. Newcastle 

3. Scammonden  

I predict a real dog fight for positions 4 through 10. I've had to make a choice here but many of the positions are too close to call and could easily be reversed. 

4. Canvey Island

5. Wolves

6. Tottenham 

7. Wonderbras

8. Oxford 

9. Jaypridee Town

10. LGA 

My predictions for the bottom half: 

11. heavens light

12. Cardiff 

13. Fuchsia

14. Canvey Pixels

15. Robbing Hoodies

16. Liverpool 

17. Birmingham 

18. Arsenal 

19. We Lost

20. Whitehaven Town

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Matt Turner >> saturday august 26 - 15:08

I'll bite your hands off for 11th! Although it's already been stated there's a few weaker teams at the bottom of this league again. It really is splitting in 2! My aim is to be top of the never rans! :joy:

eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
il Numpty >> saturday august 26 - 15:20, Edited saturday august 26 - 15:27

Yeah the bottom is very weak for level 1 this season. If my own team was playing I'd bet on us finishing at around 16th!

Just to add that I've taken no account of the tactical abilities of the individual managers and based my assessment purely on the squads available, assuming the strongest side is selected and no major injuries. 

Obviously the nature of any prediction is that some clubs will finish higher and some lower. My main objective is to hopefully start a lively debate and tell me that I'm wrong. :)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> sunday august 27 - 05:51

Well I think I have my answer on the GK situation - after 2 games I have conceeded as many as in the whole of last season!

I'm hoping to hang on to the bottom end of the European places, but I fear mid-table mediocrity awaits...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> sunday august 27 - 06:38

I think the mighty Beach has every chance of fulfilling at least one of Mystic Numpty's predictions.

Four seasons have passed with two different winners since the last Seaburn triumph and the fans are restless. A prawn sandwich landed dangerously near me during a pre-season match and last season I heard a disappointing amount of tutting from the stands.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> sunday august 27 - 11:43

Numpty - I write for the Canvey local paper (the Island News) and think your prediction greatly flatters both teams, and borders on a fairytale.

Canvey Island's legendary geriatric keeper might believe he is Neptune holding back the sea but he's only one attempted save away from breaking his hip, shoulder, or pretty much any other bone in his body - the floodgates will open if he is absent from between the posts.

As for the Pixels, last season's 15th place finish defied expectations but 7 first team players departed during the window, leaving a threadbare squad high on youthful exuberance but low on skill and experience.

Time will tell how accurate your prediction was but rather than provide one of my own, I prefer to simply criticise yours. :)

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
il Numpty >> sunday august 27 - 13:09

Your local paper sounds very Grimm. But so glad to hear that, despite all the allegations of in-breeding, some people on the marshes have learned to read. :)

That's progress for you.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fr Blackwhite >> sunday august 27 - 15:23

After completing the training academy 2, then the infirmary 10 and 11, the level 3 academy is under construction.

==> 63 days of construction and it will be the level 4 academy that will complete this infra upgrade

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
ie Charlie Mopps >> monday august 28 - 07:44

While my Liverpool fight to maintain the premiership with a daring 4-4 at the Emirates, the national team had a good start in the World Cup qualifiers for Vietnam. Merriman and Belch are at the top of the scoring charts and a good group win is expected.

ie Charlie Mopps
User
Registered2014-08-26
eng Liverpool FC★
eng Dragontao >> monday august 28 - 22:04

I'll be surprised if I make the top 10. Squad is a bit threadbare. Keeper and a couple of reasonable defenders, plus 1 decent midfielder and fairly decent striker. Most of the defence and midfield is getting long in the tooth. No strength in depth. A couple of injuries and there will be struggles ahead.

No money for transfers and unlikely I'll be bringing any new first team players in for the next few seasons. Looking to start building up the cash reserves.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ca Alex Seymour >> monday august 28 - 22:58

Never underestimate the Nicaraguan midget in Canvey's goal. Rumours have it that he's actually the Highlander.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Monk >> tuesday august 29 - 06:21

The Scammonden monks are actually a little weaker squad-wise than we were last season, but a third place finish is not out of the question. If we can keep things tight at the back then certainly we can get a top four finish. Like everyone else I expect a battle between Seaburn and Newcastle for the title, but hopefully our teams can have a good run in Europe too.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Lee >> wednesday august 30 - 18:03

In cup news: The tie of the round has to be the huge Canvey derby, which should really be moved to Wembley, but I'm just glad to be at home so I can at least get the cash.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday august 30 - 21:40

Oh are you serious!? They'll have to re-open the police station on the Island. Last time there was a derby cup game somebody put a road cone through the Kebab House windows and looted Morrisons of cheap lager.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Monk >> saturday september 2 - 06:08

A difficult draw in the champion's league play offs against Barcelona. To make things worse my keeper is injured. It's ok though, I've got a reserve keeper called Frank Spencer who will play in net. I'm going to share his thoughts on the match after the first leg. 

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists