League of England season 16

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 64 (105)

fr Blackwhite >> saturday february 26 - 21:45

My team is eliminated from the European Cup because of 1 own goal: No chance

Good luck for the others teams

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Stephen >> saturday february 26 - 21:46

Well that was a fairly disastrous round for the English clubs in continental competition. Once the smoke cleared, only Canvey Island were left standing in the smouldering ruins of what was once our hopes and dreams.

Good luck @Alex. As long as you win the thing, our coefficient won't be dented too badly. No pressure.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Alex Seymour >> saturday february 26 - 22:16

I'm not sure how we made it past the last round tbh. We'll try the 'tainted kebab' trick if we can get the home game first.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Lee >> saturday february 26 - 23:30

Congratulations Alex - The intimidating home crowd gave you the edge!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
ca Alex Seymour >> monday february 28 - 18:44

We put up a brave fight in Bulgaria, but their late goal may prove decisive. Looks like The Euro Tour 64 is coming to an end.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Monk >> wednesday march 2 - 06:47

Good luck Alex. It's a big ask, but you can do it!

Oh the glory of beating a largely unrecognisable Seaburn team to lift the Kezza Cup for a third time. It almost makes the six 3-2 defeats in the league this season fade into the background. A full strength Seaburn team are now fired up to get its revenge in the "proper" cup semi-final tomorrow.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Stephen >> wednesday march 2 - 09:13

Yeah, well done Monk. I'm not entirely sure why I played the second string side, given I went out of Europe in the last round. Maybe it was just wishful thinking? If I think I'm still in the competition then it will be so. Adopting this thinking, I'm delighted to announce Seaburn Beach as season 65 CL winners. Get in!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday march 2 - 17:31

Sorry lads, we were 10 mins away from the QF. My ability at letting goals in after 80 mins is highly consistent.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Lee >> wednesday march 2 - 18:06

Sorry Alex - that's a tough one mate.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Monk >> thursday march 3 - 09:24

Congratulations to Seaburn on a hardfought win in the cup semi-final. 
I was pleasantly surprised that we made such a fist of it, but when it got to 2-2 I realised that I'd seen this script before. Yes, a seventh 3-2 defeat of the season. At least I know where I need to made improvements. Good luck to both teams in the final.
That seventh place in the league is starting to look like an uphill task. I'll give it my best shot though.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Stephen >> thursday march 3 - 10:37

Into the final where Jaypridee Town awaits. I felt like this was the final that happens every season, but it's 'only' the third time in seven seasons. Hopefully the outcome will be the same as the one that happens every time in a way that is tiresomely predictable to 99% of managers and gives great joy to the 1% (i.e. me!).

Canvey Island must be royally sick of Bakerman just now. Two losses in two matches. The fixtures were unkind on that front.

And @monk: good game. Much closer than I would have liked and worrying that my GK has developed a habit of essentially failing to stop any shots on target. He blames worries about climate change affecting his homeland for affecting his chances. In response, the club has decided to get an electric coach for away games and use the hot air from press conferences to heat the changing rooms.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> thursday march 3 - 16:19, Edited thursday march 3 - 16:23

Well a sort of meh season has taken a bit of an upswing with the opportunity to lose two finals after penalty shootout victories in the Cup and Youth Cup semis. My proud record of 6 losing cup finals (all to Stephen I think) and 8 losing youth cup finals (virtually all to Stephen) without a single cup victory could be extended, though shockingly the Youth Cup final is against Cardiff and not Seaburn.

Stephen - we seem to end up playing in the cup virtually every season, it just varies whether you beat me in the final or an earlier round. Will season 64 be different...

Just realised I have the opportunity for a 'perfect' season - lost the super cup, currently second in the league though too far behind for Seaburn to even see us and in both finals. I could take my perennial loser levels to new heights.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
ca Alex Seymour >> thursday march 3 - 18:37

"Football is a simple game: 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and, in the end, Seaburn always win," said Seymour as he pointed out even if they won the Semi Final against Jaypridee the outcome would be the same.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Monk >> friday march 4 - 11:50

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
fo BakerMan >> friday march 4 - 12:02, Edited friday march 4 - 19:31

7?

Edit: I'm stupid. Just realised what Monk's post meant. I thought he wanted everyone to count...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town