League of England season 46

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 73 (40)

eng Dragontao >> friday june 23 - 18:41

Well done Stephen.

Bolton Wonderbras also got their hands on some silverware. The new cutlery set in the player's canteen is top notch.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
fr Blackwhite >> friday june 23 - 19:41

Congratulations to Jaypridee Town for this new league title

Congratulations to Seaburn Beach for these Cup victories (European Cup and English Cup)...

For my part, given the sales at the start of the season, I am satisfied with this 4th place with direct qualification for the European Cup.

Have a good break everyone

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
fo BakerMan >> friday june 23 - 20:29

Seriously impressive result!

And think that is enough to move our league up to 3rd overall, which will mean extra European place in S75?

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fr Blackwhite >> saturday june 24 - 07:07

Yes : that's good !

This victory for Seaburn in the European Cup gives 3rd place in the Ranking : https://rockingsoccer.com/fr/football/ranking/leagues?sort=new

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Stephen >> saturday june 24 - 20:48

Top spot, here we come? Let's hope so!

Congrats to Bakerman on winning back to back league titles and also to Shining Force on that Youth Cup win.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fr Blackwhite >> sunday june 25 - 12:54, Edited sunday june 25 - 13:01

General assessment of this Season:

Podium:

==> 1st : Jaypridee Town (101 points)

==> 2nd : Seaburn Beach (95 points)

==> 3rd : Newcastle United (94 points)

PlayOffs for relegation:

• 18th: We Lost
  • 19th: Arsenal Football Club

Direct relegation:

• 20th: Sutherland FC

Direct Promotion Division 2 to Division 1:

• Invincibles City

PlayOffs for Promotion :

• Shining Force
  • Birmingham Hunter
  • SuDoku AFC
  • Sunderland Thugs

England Cup winner:

• Seaburn Beach

European Cup winner:

• Seaburn Beach

England Under-21s Cup winner:

• Shining Force

Champions League next season:

• Jaypridee Town (Group stage)
  • Seaburn Beach (Group stage)
  • Newcatle United (Qualifying round 3)

European League:

• Les Gothiques Amiénois (Group stage)
  • Scammonden Daoists (Qualifying round 1)
  • Cardiff City (Qualifying round 1)

U21 Champions Cup:

• Shining Force
  • Jaypridee Town

League 1

Goal  Scorers

• Ashai Atlan (Newcastle United): 54 goals
  • Geoffrey Pendry (Jaypridee Town): 53 goals
  • Brent Hazle (Les Gothiques Amiénois): 49 goals

Assist :

• Nokrashy Louzani (Newcastle United): 38 assists
  • Muneyaki Terada (Canvey Island) : 30 assists
  • Jay Hurst  (Bolt On Wonderbras) : 28 assists

Clean seets (Keepers) :

• Bernard Tibon (Jaypridee Town) : 36 Clean sheets
  • Guney Denktas (Cardiff City FC) : 30 Clean sheets
  • Ndale Malepa (Seaburn Beach) : 28 Clean sheets

Best Atacks:

• Newcastle United : 110 goals scored
  • Jaypridee Town : 77 goals scored
  • Seabirn Beach : 76 goals scored

Best Defenses:

• Jaypridee Town : 2 goals conceded
  • Seaburn Beach : 10 goals conceded
  • Scammonden Daoists : 15 goals conceded
fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Dragontao >> wednesday june 28 - 10:53

This may be the last time I am anywhere near the top half of the table. Currently dismantling my squad. Had no money for new signings anyway and pointless just spending money to tread water.

A couple of NTs look like going to the bank. One already has.

So it'll be the remaining few decent players, many of whom are 30 or over, supplemented by youth. Might avoid relegation next season but it will happen soon.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Lee >> wednesday june 28 - 22:49

Dragontao - I'm surprised my aging squad finished 10th (average age is 32) but know it will be lower next season. I do expect to stay up though, as there is still a big gap between my squad and the yo-yo teams.

It's been 2 seasons since I strengthened the first team, as I gave up hope of cracking the top 6, and instead have been putting my funds towards upgrading the facilities and buying youth players.

A huge team rebuild will be needed at some point but I take encouragement from Numpty's plight who, despite being relegated from the 3rd division, was still getting 200,000 for his home games.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Monk >> friday june 30 - 05:49

Congratulations to BakerMan who becomes only the fifth manager to win English league 1 back to back titles. Three of the previous four went on to make it a treble, so it will be interesting to see if the same happens again next season. A great achievement though.

Seaburn past their best? Don't you believe it. They were Cup winners, which will go nicely with their European League trophy. There's a strong case for Stephen being manager of the year again. Seaburn are still improving and will want their title back.

Newcastle may have won nothing but they played some scintillating football and will continue to press for the title. 

Gothiques continue to overachieve with their squad, which is a testament to BlackWhite's abilities as a manager. They push for facilities, but are also sure to push for the top spots again. 

Defensively better, but offensively worse, the Scammonden Daoists finally qualify for Europe again. They are reconstructing their attack in the hope of achieving fourth place and having a good run in Europe.

How do you spend £250 million? One way would be to buy the world's best keeper, sell him a season later for £100 million less, having paid him £150 million wages. Cardiff still have a strong squad though and if they add a quality keeper then they will still push hard for European places.

Canvey Island & Pixels, Wolves,Spurs and Bolt On will all look to have good seasons and get into Europe as they try to grow the squad and not commit financial suicide. Good luck all, here we go again!

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> saturday july 1 - 09:20, Edited saturday july 1 - 09:30

A somewhat belated congrats to both BakerMan and Stephen. An excellent season from both of you. 

A little note on my 'plight' that was well spotted by @Lee. 

The current strength of the the top division is partly behind deciding to spend a bit of extra time in the lower levels. As Dragontao says it seems pointless to spend money just to tread water. And you have to spend loads to be in or around the top 6 and probably run at a loss to actually win anything. I am of the view that it's best to keep your powder dry until you're ready.

How Stephen managed to do that for so many seasons is quite remarkable, and I can only applaud his achievements. Having said that the league has continued to strengthen every season as the effect of all the high level academies has matured. So it's now much harder to stay at the top on the same budget. 

It's also noted that at least a few of the clubs in the latter stages of the Champions league have massively overspent and destroyed thier clubs financially. It's impossible to compete with that without doing something similar.  

As for me I stayed in div 2 for many seasons as that was the best place to maximise stadium income, without the extra costs of div 1.  But having reached around 9m popularity it's not necessary to do that so have let the team slide for now which gives a small boost to profits, makes it easier to rotate the squad and conduct a few experiments. [If Lee went down he could expect to get around 90% attendance against unpopular teams and bots, if he turns up to watch.]

We hope to come back up at some point with a young team - and a little cash in our back pockets. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets