League of England season 46

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 74 (59)

ie Charlie Mopps >> monday august 7 - 12:04

Sorry for my English, I think now it's correct. 

I mean that Vince implemented the academies without considering the economic effects that they would have. Then he left the game.

ie Charlie Mopps
User
Registered2014-08-26
eng Liverpool FC★
il Numpty >> monday august 7 - 12:59

No worries Charlie, my apologies. 

Your English is very good so I'd (wrongly) assumed that you were an English speaker and it was just banter about Vincent's disappearance. 

The forum needs more humour. The idea that somehow Vincent had died as a result of having implants was very funny. You should have left that in. :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> monday august 7 - 14:06

Numpty likes to keep abreast of the situation!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
il Numpty >> monday august 7 - 17:10

I obviously made a big boob, @Lee, but there's no need to milk it!

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> monday august 7 - 18:03

My team wholeheartedly disapproves of any implants in the game, so I think we should nip this in the bud.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
fo BakerMan >> monday august 7 - 21:56

Numpty - however I set my team up it seems to be 50/50 whether I get through...

Hoping for a bit of luck :)

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> tuesday august 8 - 07:55

Well, didn't get the luck!

Gave it a go but ran into a MoM performance from their keeper and lost 3-0 with my backup CB giving away a penalty.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> tuesday august 8 - 08:15

Ouch! That must be a bit tough to take after winning the first leg. 

Well done on the semis though. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> tuesday august 8 - 13:22, Edited tuesday august 8 - 17:25

I sort of figured I might need an away goal instead of just sitting back, but I ran into a brick wall of a goalkeeper!

I guess it balances out - I got seriously lucky in the last round!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> tuesday august 8 - 17:31, Edited tuesday august 8 - 17:32

Decision time for me at the end of this season - I can sell Tibon and all the finances will balance again, or I can keep him for a few more seasons of trophies but wreck the future of the club...

Might be interesting to find out the difference going from a 49 rated goalkeeper to a 21 makes.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> tuesday august 8 - 21:38

I'm not in the top division, so don't have any skin in the game.

£175 million a season isn't going to wreck the club all by itself. It seems that no-one reaches the latter stages of the Champions League without running at a loss. 

You seem to be already in debt ... so for me it depends on how big the debt is at the end of the season. Your finances should give you a good estimate of how much bigger the debt would be after one more season.

Can you survive 1 or 2 more seasons without it getting too big? And will your interest wane if it's a long road back afterwards? Only you can say. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> wednesday august 9 - 01:58

Current debt is only $2M :)

To keep Tibon I'll have to sell youth / replace older players at a faster rate than my YA produces them - without him, the numbers balance...

I've been living off my stockpile of youth talent to keep him for the last three seasons - now I am at the point where I have to decide the future. I have a 28 year old keeper who is OK and will eventually be good (but not top class). Might be fun to give him a go next year!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> wednesday august 9 - 02:05

Have seriously considered leaving the club and seeing what life is like in the bottom divisions - let someone else decide the plan!

It's been nice to win some trophies, but it is basically a game of how to setup the finances so you can afford a top class goalkeeper!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> wednesday august 9 - 09:15, Edited wednesday august 9 - 10:52

If it were me I would want to avoid the downgrades which means being debt free at the end of the season or at least being able to cancel them after the transfer window. 

For reference - after winning 4 consecutive Champions Leagues - @Dainix posted this about the size of his debt:

"From 4,8 b to 2,5 b. Its looks good, I will get out of debt."

That was after selling off most of his squad.  He also had a few seasons of downgrades so ended up with 10/10. As he says it's recoverable but it can't be much fun playing just to pay off the debt. 

Valentain, on the other hand, seems to be running at a massive loss and no doubt will have to quit at some point.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Monk >> saturday august 12 - 05:30

BakerMan takes the cup again and is set for a magnificent double.I

Meanwhile the race for fourth place and a champions league spot looks tight.  

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists