League of England season 53

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 56 (48)

eng Cloughie >> friday january 15 - 22:55

I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and say after the point today I may (still bottling it) stay up after the point today. :grin:

I've kept quiet this season, as have the covid crowds at the City Ground.  However SIR Brian Clough may return next season:rofl: as the fans have been protesting outside the ground for a while now.

eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
eng Stephen >> saturday january 16 - 21:52

Eight points clear with four games left? Yeah, you're safe for another year. It'd be mathematically done if you'd not lost to the team directly below you earlier today *facepalm*

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> sunday january 17 - 12:26, Edited sunday january 17 - 21:41

Congrats to Stephen on another cup win, which was played at our stadium. Not a great earner, but a nice windfall nevertheless.

Edit

For future reference the stadium income paid to the cup final host was 33% of the ticket income plus 100% of the fanshop and catering income (without staff). 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> sunday january 17 - 19:11

Thanks man. The 16th cup win and should be on course for the 15th league title. Despite this incredible run of success this is still fewer than Liverpool City managed (albeit he started before me and from much higher up in the league tier). Shows how dominant he was. Bizarre how he is now near the bottom of the league in my opinion.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> sunday january 17 - 21:36

Well in games like this where it takes a lot of time to catch up an early start can make a huge difference. A good manager who plays from the start can maintain their advantage for a very long time. 

But the best managers do eventually rise to the top although it make take what seems like an eternity if they start a long way behind. The good managers who have played for a long time may lose their focus as their early advantage dissipates and the power balance changes.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fr Blackwhite >> monday january 18 - 08:57

Congratulations to Stephen and his team Seaburn Beach for these victories in Cup and championship

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Dragontao >> monday january 18 - 21:18

Where's my post from previous seasons to copy and paste :)

Congrats Stephen.

Meanwhile the Wonder Bra's awful form contines. 2 defeats in the first 25. 5 in the last 10.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Lee >> tuesday january 19 - 00:48

Congratulations Stephen - an impressive domestic season. Is Europe the final frontier for you?

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> tuesday january 19 - 09:13, Edited tuesday january 19 - 12:03

Thanks everyone!

@Lee - yes, it is. I'm depressingly far away though. I have to be able to make a HUGE leap forward in the quality of my team to compete at that level though. I routinely reach the last 16, but getting past there and the QFs is extremely difficult.

I have a plan, but I don't know whether it'll work or not!

EDIT:

Congrats to @Monk on the second place. Given when he started this team, that's fantastic progress to give him his highest placed league finish.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fr Blackwhite >> tuesday january 19 - 19:51

1st round of European Cup next season with this 5th place

I started "Les Gothiques Amiénois " team on January 11, 2019 in division 5 (2 years and 8 days)

We climbed all the divisions to arrive in League 1 on July 2, 2020: This makes our 4th season in League 1 and we finish it in 5th place cool

As Seaburn Beach won the England Cup our team should play the 1st round of European Cup qualifying next season. cool

So it's an exceptional season hoping to do as well in Season 57 smile

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday january 19 - 21:26

Well done Mr Blackwhite. A huge achievement that. My vote for manager of the year award. Stephen can loan it to him for a bit.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Stephen >> wednesday january 20 - 16:43

Seems fair enough to me @Alex. That is a strong achievement @Blackwhite

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Matt Turner >> wednesday january 20 - 21:16

Im likely to sell any player worth a few bob to get my new stadium underway, I'd rather drop down a league or 2 and come back stronger than waste money just being a yoyo team like i have for the last 4 or 5 seasons! Hopefully I'll see you all again in around 3 seasons! 

eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
fr Blackwhite >> wednesday january 20 - 21:21

General assessment of this Season:

Podium:

• 1st : Seaburn Beach  (102 points)
  • 2nd : Melchester Rovers (89 points)
  • 3rd : Newcastle United (83 points)

PlayOffs for relegation:

• 18th: We Lost
  • 19th: Liverpool City

Direct relegation:

• 20th: Heavens light

Direct Promotion Division 2 to Division 1:

• Notorious Gods

PlayOffs for Promotion :

• Aston Vilains
  • PremierFC
  • Norwich FC
  • Birmingham Hunter

England Cup winner:

• Seaburn Beach

England Under-21s Cup winner:

• Seaburn Beach

Champions League next season:

• Seaburn Beach (Group stage)
  • Melchester Rovers (Qualifying Round 3)

European League:

• Newcastle United (Group stage)
  • Prideejay Town (Qualifying round 1)
  • Les Gothiques Amiénois (Qualifying round 1)

U21 Champions Cup:

• Seaburn Beach
  • Liverpool City

League 1

Goal  Scorers:

• Felix Donkova (Seaburn Beach): 51 goals
  • Zhi-jan Ou-yang (Melchester Rovers) : 46 goals
  • Kouyaté Addo (Seaburn Beach): 41 goals

Assist :

• Marcos Castanheda (Melchester Rovers) : 42 assists
  • Micah Tustin (Seaburn Beach) : 36 assists
  • Jochen Graumann (Seaburn Beach) : 34 assists

Clean sheets (Keepers) :

• Ali Vojvoda (Prideejay Town) : 21 Clean sheets
  • Gregory Flemmings (Seaburn Beach) : 18 Clean sheets
  • Olivio Cunha (Newcastle United) : 18 Clean sheets

Best Attacks:

• Seaburn Beach : 124 goals scored
  • Melchester Rovers : 97 goals scored
  • Newcastle United : 83 goals scored

Best Defenses:

• Prideejay Town : 21 goals conceded
  • Seaburn Beach : 22 goals conceded
  • Bolt On Wonderbras : 32 goals conceded

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Monk >> thursday january 21 - 07:19

Congratulations to Stephen on another cabinet-busting, trophy-winning season. Thank you too for his kind words.

A fourth cup runners up medal, second in the league, runners up in the Golden Boot award, but hey, what's this? Midfielder Castanheda winning the Golden Needle Award (I'll let you work that one out) for most assists! A winners trophy (of sorts) at last. Progression from the Europe League was pleasing too and a sign of progress. To add to the sense of anti-climax my Angolan monks achieved a double runners up too. Second is a massive achievement as Stephen kindly said, but I am forced to reduce the age of the squad, so may not be quite so competitive here next season.

I'll echo others' sentiments about Blackwhite. A magnificent progression this season and the future looks very bright, in a dark and gloomy sort of gothic way.

Good luck in the play offs. Wait, Liverpool are there. If they go down with their facilities then income will be restricted further. May you live in interesting times, as the chinese curse goes. Good luck all and stay safe.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists