League of England season 53 [2]

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 23 (87)

eng Bolly >> sunday april 3 - 18:40
@kesvick I was here then mate, quietly observing .

I have been in this division a long time lol, always in the relegation battles, and usually finishing a few points safe in mid table.
eng Bolly
User
Registered2013-10-25
my Kesvick >> monday april 4 - 04:49
How? You have an okay squad.
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Bolly >> monday april 4 - 10:57
well i have made a lot of signings over the last couple of transfer windows to improve the overall squad, but I guess ok is not good enough.
eng Bolly
User
Registered2013-10-25
eng antboy18 >> monday april 4 - 12:01
Cambridge beat Dover 1-0 in today's lunchtime match. Manager antboy18 had this to say

"The match was far more one sided than the scoreline suggests - Dover didn't have a single shot all match! If only our strikers were actually capable of hitting shots on target that aren't straight at the keeper..."

Next up is Leicestershire FC, in what should be a pretty tough match.
eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
eng Cloughie >> monday april 4 - 12:35
good result antboy same start as me 2W 1D 2L... but you need to push on
eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
eng antboy18 >> monday april 4 - 12:49
This is only my third season in division 2, and since taking over Cambridge, it's normally taken about 5 seasons to get promoted. This season the aim is a solid mid-table finish rather than promotion. Finishing in the play-offs last season was a fluke.
eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
za Mister Buckley >> monday april 4 - 14:05
Well after 6 matches I'm on W-2 L-1 D-2 as for the so called fluke, Antboy never sell yourself short considering the league is a marathon not a sprint. Needless to say, you deserved it.

Oh Brian Clough finally graced us with his presence welcome mate,and I'm glad to see you doing well above us

I got a question thou, ever consider training a striker as a winger? In theory the likes of Ronaldo and Martial (currently playing as a winger) are wingers not strikers.... Just a thought I've had, I'm tempted to try it out especially if you play a 4-3-3 formation those LF and RF positions
za Mister Buckley
Registered2013-06-11
eng Cloughie >> monday april 4 - 21:00
yeah I've also thought about it was close to doing it but the guy was too old so waiting for the right player in terms of age problem is he only benefits from the speed
eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
za Mister Buckley >> tuesday april 5 - 05:08
Remember speed is vital for any forward and that bonus won't falter with age. I think I'll train afew strikers in winger and see what happens
za Mister Buckley
Registered2013-06-11
my Kesvick >> wednesday april 6 - 03:45, Edited wednesday april 6 - 07:03
Kesvick relieved by first away win of the season.

Kesvick admitted he was relieved after picking up his first league away win this season but insisted it will not be a night for celebration.

Leicestershire FC held on for 70 minutes after Ziyi Zuo-Lin's screamer from outside the box gave Leicestershire FC a close 1-0 victory over struggling Arsenal Football Club.

"I think what the game tells us today is football isn't about putting on the best performance, but today we got the result," said Kesvick. "It's not a night for any celebration whatsoever, not to get carried away. We'll gain some confidence from the result. There's a good feeling from the dressing room and we'll take things forward."

"Relief's probably a good word in some ways to describe what I felt. I wanted the final whistle to come as quickly as possible. I saw the reaction of the fans, of the players. I think that our away streak was far too long for this club."

Kesvick also praised the Leicestershire faithful for their support throughout the game.

"The most incredible bit was the fans stayed with us, they stayed with every single player, they stayed with me," said Kesvick.

"It's not down to tactics, it's not down to the coach, it's down to the fans and the way they responded after the goal. The game turned into an emotional game, the fans were pushing us forward, throwing us forward. We suffered a little bit but got there in the end and that's the important thing."
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Lord Harrington >> thursday april 7 - 06:26
looks like the hull city wanderers are heading the wrong way in the league this season getting a lot of yellow cards need to start picking things up now
eng Lord Harrington
Registered2014-03-12
eng antboy18 >> thursday april 7 - 10:53
*sigh*

Two strikers injured in a match and I give away a penalty...

This has not been my season...
eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
my Kesvick >> sunday april 10 - 13:52
F***ing wasteful pieces of sh*te!
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Stephen >> sunday april 10 - 14:43
Love the Daoists, me. Could this be the season that Monk's team puts in a real challenge? Hope so!
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Monk >> sunday april 10 - 17:49
Thanks Stephen. I hope so too.

You deserved a draw Kesvick, but my monks are determined to have a good crack at promotion this season. Good to see Akwenye finally finding the onion bag on a regular basis. However, we have been here before. We just need to get out of the bad patch quickly when it comes!
eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists