League of England season 53 [2]

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 23 (87)

my Kesvick >> thursday may 5 - 13:17
Of all the times for your team to drop out of form...
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Deca >> thursday may 5 - 17:20
Well it's looking like relegation for my Villains, and a battle to stay up LOL. If I go down I'll have followed my own real life Aston Villa down a division. At least my fantasy Villains are better though LOL.

I heard that a Villa fan had reported to police that he had left 2 tickets for the home match with Newcastle this Saturday on the dashboard of his car and somebody had smashed his window and left 2 more tickets for the game LOL

So much for me spending (wasting) £7.5m on a goalkeeper that has only kept 1 clean sheet.

But its all good fun which ever end of the table you are at!!!

Good luck to all at either end of the table for the run in

Cheers

Deca
eng Deca
User
Registered2013-08-31
eng Aston Villains
eng antboy18 >> friday may 6 - 16:05
He he he 2 more red cards today - my team must be on for some sort of record!
eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
eng Monk >> saturday may 7 - 06:46
FEELING THE END OF SEASON STRESS?

Is squeaky bum time taking its toll?

Don't wait until the end of the season to have your buttocks surgically unclenched. Book now to have a soothing massage by our specially trained monks steeped in the daoist art of removing all those tensions from your body.

Half price offer lasts until Wednesday. Terms and conditions apply.
eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Stephen >> saturday may 7 - 07:03
Lol, Monk :)
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> saturday may 7 - 13:22
:) lmao.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng antboy18 >> saturday may 7 - 15:40
Ha ha ha :)
eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
eng Monk >> monday may 9 - 05:59
It is all straight forward really.

If Arsenal 2014 win both their games then they return to the Premiership at the first time of asking. Away to Camden and home to Leicestershire are anything but easy matches though so they could drop points.

If they drop points then the Scammonden Daoists would go up if they win both their matches at home to Hamzix and away to Camden (again). Camden Town themselves need a win from the last two to away the play offs going down.

Leicestershire will go up if they win both their matches (remember one of those is away to Arsenal 2014) and the Daoists don't win both of theirs.

West Ham have the best goal difference in the league and two wins would put them on 68 points. So if Arsenal lose and draw, Daoists win one and lose one, and Leicestershire win and draw - all of which is quite feasible - then West Ham would go up as Champions from fourth place with just two matches left!

The Gallant Ladies would need two wins, everyone else to fluff their lines and a massive goal swing, so they are looking over their shoulder at Gravediggers and Stoke. Exeter can't make the play offs as Gravediggers play Gallant Ladies.

Of all these seven sides still hoping for promotion just one - Arsenal 2014 - are currently guaranteed a play off place. It really is that close!

Good luck to all.
eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Bolly >> monday may 9 - 13:07
I lost to Exeter today, so am out of the running for a play off place, even though Gallant ladies suffered a loss to struggling M Fayyz ( even a draw would have kept me in with a shout)

so the last playoff space is now either gravediggers ( who havent played today at the time of writing) or Gallant Ladies, and will be decided on the last match when those two play each other.. exciting stuff
eng Bolly
User
Registered2013-10-25
my Kesvick >> tuesday may 10 - 03:53
I don't do this very often, but I hope you lose, Monk. :P
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Monk >> tuesday may 10 - 05:59
Now that's not very nice! I was really hoping you would win!
I can only imagine what you were like watching that match Kesvick.
I need to win to go up, a draw or defeat and the title is yours.
In truth I'd have taken that at the start of the season so bring it on. At least one of us goes up as champions!
eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
my Kesvick >> tuesday may 10 - 06:43, Edited tuesday may 10 - 06:47
Yeah I suppose. Vae victis and all that.

No hard feelings, but you're my rival for now until your match.
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Cloughie >> tuesday may 10 - 07:07
Nail biting and to the season all eyes in the 18.30 kick-off
eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
eng antboy18 >> tuesday may 10 - 17:43
What a way to end the season!
eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
eng Monk >> tuesday may 10 - 18:48
Oh wow. When the whole season and promotion comes down to the last kick of the season then you know it really is millimetres between success and failure. I had to go for a lie down after that match.

Commiserations to Kesvick, I really hope you go back up to league 1 via the play offs. Best wishes to all. Monk
eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists