League of England season 55

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 49 (13)

eng Monk >> tuesday december 10 - 11:46

A rip roaring start for my Rangers. They showed their intentions from the beginning, coming out of the tunnel to Take That's "Back for Good" and desperate to make amends for the club's previous pathetic attempt to avoid relegation.

Chairman Woody Forrest proudly opened the celebrations for League 1's opening game of its 50th season: "It gives me great pleasure to start proceedings for the opening game of the 50th league seas-. What? 49th season? DON'T LIGHT THE FIREWO-! Damn! They cost a lot of money..."

On the field we fared better and there were three reasons to be happy. Three unpredictable players all deciding to turn up on the day, three goals and three points. Unless being happy is another reason in itself, then that makes four, which kind of ruins the point. But anyway, it's great to be back and although we only aspire to mid-table mediocrity, we hope to enjoy the journey. 

Good luck to all, although I expect Seaburn, Deeprijay and Candas to compete for the trophies again.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Lee >> friday december 13 - 21:46

One Canvey team gets relegated but the other is promoted.......although I fully expect to languish in the relegation zone all season.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Lee >> sunday january 5 - 22:47

My plan is working......I'll soon be back in the warm embrace of the 2nd division.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> tuesday january 14 - 20:49

Title race back on when I forgot to set my formation by logging on two minutes too late. Caused the end of my unbeaten run when One Tactic Wolves took advantage of only four defenders all played in the wrong position to win 2-0 with his GK playing a blinder.

All my own fault of course, but annoying nevertheless.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng wonderlust >> tuesday january 14 - 22:34

One tactic Wolves... :-/

Well, at least it shows it works.  Sometimes.

eng wonderlust
User
Registered2014-10-30
eng Forever We Are Wolves
eng Stephen >> tuesday january 21 - 11:58, Edited tuesday january 21 - 11:59

Ooof! The Strood Derby took place today and United effectively relegated City, ending their 49 season stay in the top flight. It’ll be volatile in the streets of Strood tonight!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Kezza >> wednesday january 22 - 09:18

Very sad day.. The highlight of my Rocking Soccer career was winning the Champions League with Strood City in season 22

eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
eng Monk >> wednesday january 22 - 09:48

Indeed Kezza. I believe that Jemima Nurden, landlady of the Dog and Duck in Stroud, still has a framed picture behind the bar of that wonderful footballing side of yours. Happy days.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Yid >> wednesday january 22 - 17:02

Now i have confirmed 5th place. Is it correct with Seaburn Beach also winning the cup that i have qualified for the European League 1st qualifying round.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
eng Stephen >> wednesday january 22 - 19:46

Yes @Yid. Time to get your team’s passports sorted out.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Yid >> wednesday january 22 - 20:21

Thnx Stephen.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
eng Dragontao >> wednesday january 22 - 22:32

Damn, was looking good for 5th but blew it in the last few matches.

Not sure my squad is anywhere near strong enough and certainly doesn't have the necessary depth to play European games and league games.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng coldstar >> friday january 24 - 07:43

I have not really played for a few seasons....anything exciting? I am surprised that my team still stays...

eng coldstar
User
Registered2013-06-02