League of England season 55

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 72 (100)

eng Monk >> tuesday april 4 - 17:23

Always good to net three times in a match, it's just a shame that two of them were in our own net against Leicester. Although I've now managed to stop Gartin from scoring the ogs, now it seems Zrihen has taken over that mantle. His total already stands at an impressive 3. Plenty of time yet to improve on that figure though.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
fo BakerMan >> thursday april 6 - 21:00

OK - this is getting silly now. 13 games gone and 3 points covers the top 6...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Lee >> thursday april 6 - 21:25

BakerMan - my next 2 games are against LGA and Seaburn, so that will probably see me fall away.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Monk >> friday april 7 - 06:42

Great season. LGA, Jaypridee and Seaburn are poised to pull away,but Candas could also go with them. Could this finally be the season that Jaypridee win the title? Rumours abound that Bakerman is selling hot cross buns in the club's colours in a desperate attempt to fund the club's wage bill.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
fo BakerMan >> friday april 7 - 09:28

Easter Eggs, hot cross buns, pets, grandmothers, whatever - if they will bring in the cash, I'll sell them...

Just as a matter of academic interest, exactly what happens if your balance goes negative?

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Lee >> friday april 7 - 11:07

BakerMan - in my experience, having a negative balance during the season does not appear to result in any repercussions (although this might be dependent on just how negative the balance is).

I had a negative balance in between seasons and was warned one of my facilities would be downgraded if I didn't correct it by a specific date.

I'm sure Numpty has a formula that will explain everything!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
fo BakerMan >> friday april 7 - 12:48

Thanks Lee - just calculating what I have to do in the mid-season transfer window...pretty sure I can make it work wihtout destroying the future of the team!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> monday april 10 - 09:51, Edited monday april 10 - 09:55

Lol @Lee.

If the balance is negative you do have to pay interest at a rate of 12% per season. Not sure how that's calculated without more information from someone in the red.  

Any potential downgrades are explained in the Help here:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/help/home/category-8/article-53

(Although rather confusingly it's not under finances. I guess it was added later with the high level facilities.)

• If your maintenance costs become unsustainable you can choose to downgrade these levels at any time. This takes 24 hours. During these 24 hours the downgrade can be canceled.
  • If at the start of a season your team has a negative balance, the board can decide to downgrade one or more of your facilities. When this happens you will get a 14 day period in which you can get a positive balance again and cancel the downgrades.
  • A facility level that has once been built and then was downgraded can be rebuilt for 50% of the cost and in 50% of the building time.

So it seems there is only one day that matters, although exactly which day that is is not clear. I'm guessing it's probably day 51 as that's when the finances roll over to the next season. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> monday april 10 - 20:33

OK - thanks Numpty! Might have to be a firesale at the end of the season!

League getting even tighter after today's results - 4 points covering the top 5, but Seaburn have returned to the top...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fr Blackwhite >> tuesday april 11 - 11:57

Setback in the league with this home defeat (2/4) against Newcastle United but home victory in the Cup (3/1) against Newcastle United

==> Same line-ups, same tactics, same stadium but 2 different results...

The most important result remains the victory in the Cup: knockout match

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Stephen >> tuesday april 11 - 15:28

Are Seaburn back? Pick a response from the below as you see fit:

Taking each game as it comes, no easy matches in the top flight, no one's getting carried away, you can't take anything for granted in football, young side, too soon for a title bid, just enjoy the moment, blah, blah, blah.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fr Blackwhite >> tuesday april 11 - 15:49

Part of the answer tonight at 8:30 p.m.

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Stephen >> tuesday april 11 - 18:42

0-0. Jeez. Happy with a clean sheet etc etc 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> tuesday april 11 - 18:44

The Rocking Soccer Gods have finally realised they gave me way too many points in the first 9 games (23), so have corrected it by only allowing 11 points in the last 9 games.

They must have got Canvey Pixels mixed up with Canvey Island.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> tuesday april 11 - 18:45

Holy moly, just looked at Bakerman's squad and saw Tibon's weekly wage

Unsurprising to see the club wealth marked as 'disastrous'...

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach