League of England season 55

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 72 (100)

eng Monk >> tuesday april 11 - 19:46

That's why Bakerman must be desperate to win the league this season. In the close season it'll be a rebuild. Worth it for that moment of glory though!

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
fo BakerMan >> tuesday april 11 - 20:01

Reckon I can do it without a rebuild... 

The problem comes if I get tempted into years 2 and 3

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> tuesday april 11 - 20:46

Been stacking lots of my YA products to fund a mad season!

I just wanted to see if the secret to the game was just getting a really really good goalkeeper and working out how to finance him!

Only loss this season was first game when he was injured...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> tuesday april 11 - 20:52

If anyone is interested, if I have no stadium income I lose 18M per week, but I've been coping with losing about 14M per week for the last 20 seasons :)

This just works out as having to sell 2 or 3 more academy products this year than normal, which for 1 season is fine. If I try and do it for the next 2 seasons as well, it'll be a disaster, but then the GK wages will fall, so if it works, it is tempting...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> tuesday april 11 - 22:08

Those GK wages will be insane for seasons to come. He'll go down at about 10% per season. It's a mad, mad system where players can go up as much as 100% at a time but then take forever to deflate. 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> tuesday april 11 - 22:19

Yeah - sort of figured that. End of season, I'll probably sell him and buy a lower rated GK with better wages - there again, I may be tempted to keep it going one more year! Have a list of 6-8 academy products I can sell wihtout wrecking the team for the future...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Lee >> tuesday april 11 - 23:05

BakerMan - here's a keeper for you; he gets a cleansheet in every game!

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2032307/employment

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
il Numpty >> wednesday april 12 - 09:36, Edited wednesday april 12 - 12:15

Tibon has only just turned 35, which is still fairly young for a keeper. He'll keep on improving for the next few seasons, so most likely his wages will be going up too. 

As a neutral the league is a good watch this season. Thanks for the entertainment! 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fr Blackwhite >> wednesday april 12 - 15:22

Season 69: French Championship

Bernard Tibon played for a French club, so he was 31 years old and his salary was then 11 million.

His current salary has gone down...

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
fo BakerMan >> wednesday april 12 - 15:52

If it drops to about 3m keeping him works... Anymore and I might have to sell a kidney... 

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> wednesday april 12 - 21:28

His wage will drop to around £3.7m a week next time he gets a new contract. Unless your training facilities are markedly better than his previous club, in which case he might accrue more experience that would keep his wage high.

You can also get a sense of what his wage should be by popping him on the transfer list and seeing what his new wage would be. You can undo it immediately and keep him, of course. Unfortunately for any club manager with aging superstars, you can't benefit from this because their reduction is capped while they remain at the same club. It's stupid that you can sell him and he will accept a much lower wage, but that's the game mechanics

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> wednesday april 12 - 21:58

My whole squad, including u21s, don't earn that much lol.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
il Numpty >> thursday april 13 - 13:28, Edited thursday april 13 - 14:56

It seems I was mistaken about the "likely wage rise" as he was still improving.

On checking things further it appears that wages fall for most keepers in their mid-late 30s. Although age 35-40 is not a barrier to wage increases this is less common.  

So - as Stephen says - the most likely scenario is he gets 10% reductions from this point forward (which is the maximum without transfer). In that event it will take 3 drops to reach c. £3m.

Steak and kidney anyone?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> friday april 14 - 11:43

I was planning to spend 200M on a new player but the Board intervened and decided it would be best spent on upgrading the derelict training facility - apparently my Chelsea-like spending has caught up with me and calmer heads have prevailed.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
fr Blackwhite >> saturday april 15 - 07:53, Edited saturday april 15 - 08:08

Too bad not to play such a cup match on equal terms: my team was leading 1/0 then the injury of my goalkeeper Manzanera was going to change the fate of this match

And the best of the best: Opposing Goalkeeper Man of the Match

==> Last season, we secured our qualification at Jaypridee Town, this season it's the opposite.

End of the Cup adventure with 2 consecutive titles (Season 70 and 71)

Good luck to Jaypridee Town for the rest of the competition in the race for a Cup and Championship double

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches