League of England season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 62 (100)

eng wonderlust >> saturday october 23 - 23:21

£830m here.  Stadium 11 commencement is close...

5 1-0 results in my games so far.  My probable record of staying up with only 12 goals scored might yet be beaten...

eng wonderlust
User
Registered2014-10-30
eng Forever We Are Wolves
eng Monk >> sunday october 24 - 09:27

That's some achievement Wonderlust.

Stephen, I wouldn't worry about 'the big one' away to Melchester. This season we have a defence like a sieve, can't hit a barn door at ten feet and now have Iqbal injured who I refuse to heal. He's the fourth first team player I've had out this season. The season is already starting to take the shape of a pear.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
fo BakerMan >> sunday october 24 - 13:01, Edited sunday october 24 - 17:02

Just realised I have to change my tactic of if you can't finish second, then finish fourth to get the cash from the qualifying rounds for Europe.Now has to be 3rd, 5th or 6th. There's been quite a gap from 4th to 5th in most recent seasons, but this season it looks like it might be closer - as always, best to wait until we're halfway through the season and everyone has played everyone else once before you can really tell how things are likely to work out.

Still working on the basis my team is nowhere near good enough for the Champions League group stages.

And of course assuming one of the top 3 (i.e. Seaburn) win the Cup.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Monk >> sunday october 24 - 21:57, Edited sunday october 24 - 22:06

Sorry about that Wonderlust. I broke your run of 1-0 results. 

1-1 

Still haven't played anyone in the top 5. Seaburn tomorrow. Pray for me tonight!

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Monk >> monday october 25 - 17:29

A shell-shocked Monk appeared before reporters after fans had jeered his Melchester team at half time and most had left before the final whistle in a 0-4 defeat to arch rivals Seaburn.

"It's my darkest hour" confessed Monk, "I won't give up though as there's too much still to do. I don't consider myself too old for the job. I started in management aged 45 in season 6, so that makes me what, 101? I only feel half that age though. The way I see it we have three problems, we aren't scoring enough,we concede too many and get too many injuries. Once that is sort we'll be back where we belong, in third place."

Asked about Monk's future, Roy Race was quite forthright. "The way I see it," said Roy, "there are good managers and bad managers. Good managers make good decisions and bad managers make bad decisions. Occasionally good managers make bad decisions admittedly, and even bad managers make some good ones, as even a broken click is right twice a day. As owner, I need to be a good decision maker. Good owners don't sack good managers. So Monk's job is safe. Unless of course he fails to qualify for Europe at the end off the season. With that squad that would make him a bad manager and he'd have to go."

No pressure then.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Stephen >> tuesday october 26 - 13:11

Tabloid rumours that Seaburn Beach representatives had approached Tonya Harding for rumours on physically nobbling an opponent were dismissed by the club today.

The club released a statement that said footage circulating on social media appearing to show "Uncle" Ben Parker stamping on the foot of Melchester's fragile GK and then tweaking his nipple as he fell to the floor had been fabricated.

"Ben Parker is not that sort of player", said club manager, Stephen, in his most recent press conference.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Monk >> wednesday october 27 - 07:01

It's ok Stephen,

All's fair in love and war. The swelling from the nipple tweak has gone down now and Corn is fit again to play. He does has a troublesome broken nail though, but I'm sure he'll make it through the 90 minutes.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
fr Blackwhite >> wednesday october 27 - 18:44

Stadium 11 is arrived money-mouth

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday october 27 - 19:31

@blackwhite, now the fun starts!

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Lee >> wednesday october 27 - 23:54

Two home games.....go 1:0 up in both.....end up drawing both.....bang head on table.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
fo BakerMan >> thursday october 28 - 11:32

Well a couple of 10 day injuries have made things a bit more challenging than usual - my attempt at a weird formation against Seaburn didn't quite come off (surprise!), so its a case of surviving the next week until players are back. Nice draw in the Europa playoff has helped, so unless a disaster happens should be safely into the group stages. Looks like the fight for European places may be more fun this season.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> tuesday november 2 - 22:08

Addo is back to full fitness and looking to make up for lost time. He stands on 699 goals for the club...

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Monk >> wednesday november 3 - 10:36

So glad Addo is back. Can't say your strike force missed him.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Stephen >> wednesday november 3 - 19:47

700! 701, 702, injured. Again. FFS. 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Monk >> friday november 5 - 09:49

It's that Addo special hat-trick goal celebration Stephen. The backward somersault with double twist. The knees can't get away with that at his age. I'd have a quiet word with him and get another celebration worked out in training.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists