League of England season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 56 (48)

eng Dragontao >> sunday january 3 - 14:12

... as long as that ridiculous result is against me when I inevitably get you in the cup semi-final Monk (then maybe if the ME is feeling really benevolent it will do the same to Stephen if I get to the final).

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Monk >> monday january 4 - 07:55

Cup semi finals:

Bolt On Wanderers v Seaburn Beach

Oxford United v Melchester Rovers

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Dragontao >> monday january 4 - 08:06

Oh well.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> monday january 4 - 19:42

In my current form, you have every chance. Defence leaking like a sieve and strikers can't score. A great combination.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> monday january 4 - 19:56

My team will do a Chelsea. Like a defibrillator for a team in bad form.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Lee >> wednesday january 13 - 01:04

Still 8 games to go but I'm feeling a lot more confident about staying up - my early season meltdown seems to have been the team's motivating factor!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> wednesday january 13 - 12:19

Well, now you're safe, put your feet up, take your eye off the ball and play some fringe players for the future. It's always good to plan for the future. There's definitely no self-interest in this advice from me, not at all...

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> wednesday january 13 - 12:32

There's no need for mind-games - I don't think you need my help to get the points.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> wednesday january 13 - 12:47

I'm not trying to psyche you or your players out (psyche, psyche, psyche) That would demean us both.

PSYCHE!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> wednesday january 13 - 16:55

Well for just a moment the league looked as though it might get interesting at the top with Melchester (very) briefly taking the lead, but then normal service returned and it'll be another championship for Seaburn Beach. Looked like some other contenders were making a bid for top 4, but again things look like they've returned to the same top 4 as recent seasons. Still looking interesting at the bottom though.

From might point of view, it's looking like either 2nd or 3rd - and 3rd is my least favourite league position. Miss out on the Champions League and no qualifying rounds for the Europa which are nice for the cash and giving players experience. Another OK season, but of course, no hint of actually winning something...my level 5 youth academy is nice and shiny though :)

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Dragontao >> wednesday january 13 - 20:05

Well my form has gone inexlicably to absolute ratsh*t. Leaking goals, dropping points against strugglers.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> wednesday january 13 - 20:10

Yes, seven rounds to go and seven points clear. With the fixtures I have left, it'd be an almighty collapse not to secure a ninth consecutive title from here.

Congrats on the YA15, Bakerman. Is that affordable in the long term? It's a real grind to make money with an FA4 and a YA3. I can't imagine adding on two levels of YA will make that any easier. Do you think you can make enough money on sales to make it pay?

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Matt Turner >> thursday january 14 - 11:40

Well you've a guaranteed 3 points against me coming up! Definitely need a few seasons in L2 and get new stadium as being a yoyo club is no fun. 

eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
eng Dragontao >> thursday january 14 - 18:13, Edited thursday january 14 - 20:53

Wouldn't bet on it at the moment . Think my team have covid. Or it may be lazy b@$t@*d syndrome.

Not to mention that I don't actually have a fixture against your team Matt lol.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
fo BakerMan >> friday january 15 - 12:20

I reckon YA15 is affordable based on selling one player a year for decent-ish money. My only alternative was to start playing the transfer market to get the good buys and I'm far too lazy for that. Slightly concerned what it maight do to wages, but we'll see - will never get as bad as Newcastle £200M+ a year wages for the super goalkeeper which I assume is why he was sold...

Looking at a quiet end to the season and maybe playing around with some settings. Onwards to next year :)

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town