League of England season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 79 (54)

eng Lee >> thursday march 28 - 19:55

The legend's last season......is it a case of the curtain finally coming down, or the casket lid closing?

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Monk >> friday march 29 - 06:31

I demand a drugs test. 

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Monk >> friday march 29 - 16:39

Strange world, I demand a drugs test and the next time I look Furis and Oxford's Fairfoot have announced that they retire art the end of the season. 

Talking of which, when was the last time Malepa took a drugs test, Stephen?

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Stephen >> friday march 29 - 20:07, Edited friday march 29 - 21:52

Haha, he hides in the linen basket on mandatory drugs test days. Only now at his age he needs the fire brigade to cut him free.

Though what is worrying is I've just realised he's actually still younger than me. Alas, the ratio between his weekly wage and mine is not similarly aligned.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng wonderlust >> friday april 5 - 21:45

Got very lucky today.  Guess home advantage and Veyon were just enough for a point!

eng wonderlust
User
Registered2014-10-30
eng Forever We Are Wolves
eng Stephen >> saturday april 6 - 15:00

Seaburn isn't the force it was, so these things can happen. It's all part of the game and I'm very much hoping that the boys in yellow and green will be back before too long!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Stephen >> tuesday april 9 - 18:43

No Furis today @Alex? You resting him or was he injured?

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday april 9 - 22:58

I'm only playing Furis in the Champions League as everybody else is playing the old geezers and we all benefit from me having a good run.

He's only played in the premier league a few games and that was due to me not logging in and the 'Assistant Manager' picking him :-(

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Stephen >> saturday april 13 - 20:55

Ndale Malepa has played his 800th game for Seaburn Beach. To celebrate this remarkable milestone, we sat down with Malepa for an exclusive interview.

Q: 800 games for Seaburn Beach. How does that sound?

A: It's great. A dream come true really. It's what the children of the Seychelles dream of, the chance to come to England and play in the League of England. And to do it at Seaburn, a place that reminds me of home because of the beaches, well, I couldn't be happier.

Q: I imagine the weather's a little different?

A: Of course, the sea is a lot less blue and the sand is more often than not whipped in the face. But there's nothing more invigorating than a walk along the seafront when the wind is off the sea. And the sound of the foghorn from the end of the north pier, I find it very soothing.

Q: What would you say was the highlight of your time at Seaburn?

A: Every time I checked my bank balance to see my weekly wage. No, but seriously, the CL win back in '66. Unforgettable. And there have been plenty of other trophies. And a lot of wage packets. All of it has been great.

Q: Thinking about your time here, do you have any regrets?

A: Not really. I suppose it would have been nice to turn a couple of those second place league finishes into title wins, and the time we lost in the CL final - that could have been another magical night. But the good far outweighs the bad and if you have a bad day and are feeling low, well the money keeps me warm at night. Look, see? [shows us duvet cover] This is literally made out of spare £50 notes. The bank said they had no more space for the cash in its vault, so I had this bespoke duvet cover made.

Q: You don't play for so long for one club without getting a bit older. You are not thinking of quitting yet?

A: I am actually thinking of calling it a day sometime this season. The title is probably beyond our reach now as the club has been doing some rebuilding and has a more youthful look. Except me, of course! Hahahaha! I think probably I'll see how it's going in the Cup. It'd be great to bow out with one last trophy, but if we get knocked out, then maybe that might be the time to hang up my gloves.

Q: Big news there! What are your plans for after you finish?

A: As a professional athlete, I've always denied myself biscuits. I'm thinking it might be nice to work my way through them and perhaps compile the ultimate book of biscuits, complete with tasting notes. And aside from that, I intend to watch all of the Midsomer Murders episodes I have missed. They keep showing the same ones on ITV3 and I'd like to see them all. Though only the ones with Iohn Nettles in them. That other fellow? I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's not for me.

Q: Anything you'll miss when you call it a day?

A: The fans. No fan base is quite able to demolish hospitality quite like them and the sound of them munching and slurping their way through a match has really helped get the best out of us.

Q: Thanks for your time today, Ndale.

A: Absolutely my pleasure.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> tuesday april 16 - 21:28

Hmm - this is going to get close. Think its time to accept I won't catch the Monks on goal difference, so all I have to do is win every game until the end of the season!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> wednesday april 17 - 11:53

Remember Liverpool City, the one-time rulers of this league, now languishing in the 4th tier? Looks like a fair few of his team is retiring over the next six weeks or so. Will be interesting to see what he does next as he doesn't appear to be promoting (m)any youths from his YA5. Kind of makes you wonder what the point of still playing is...

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fr Blackwhite >> wednesday april 17 - 12:03

Such a waste !

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
ie Charlie Mopps >> wednesday april 17 - 13:16

Agree with Blackwhite...

xmwnx logs into his account very often but apart from raising the level of the museum, he doesn't seem to do anything else.

@Stephen But one day there will be a new Liverpool dominating the league! LOL

ie Charlie Mopps
User
Registered2014-08-26
eng Liverpool FC★
eng Stephen >> thursday april 18 - 20:54

Well, advantage Monk!

Seaburn Beach are now essentially West Ham. A team you know you should be beating if you want to win the title but capable of upsetting the apple cart.

In a couple of games, it will be the Daoists hosting the Beach. And Seaburn will not be wearing flip-flops for that one!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> thursday april 18 - 22:01

Well that was a bad hour - beaten by Seaburn in the league, then absolutely stuffed in Europe!

Think my GK decided to have a holiday for those two matches!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town