League of England season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 58 (51)

eng Stephen >> thursday april 29 - 20:44

Just slightly surprised to see it confirmed. I don't think I'd fully appreciated that it was that close. It's definitely better to win it through the team's own actions as this just feels a bit anticlimactic.

Don't worry though, I'm not bored yet :)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Alex Seymour >> thursday april 29 - 20:49

We're all doomed anyway, Numpty has started his assault up the league. He'll be here in two seasons and then Stephen's championship days are over!

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
fo BakerMan >> saturday may 1 - 12:26

Well another cup final and another defeat to Seaburn.

Clearly have the mighty Beach worried as they resorted to injuring my players - took out my sweeper in the drawn league match the night before, then kicked my star striker off the field in the final when the score was 0-0!

Mind you, would've just been like the Super Cup this year - 0-0 after extra time then a stunningly incompetent penaly shoot-out.

For the rest of the season it's time to decide whether to go for second or let my team sink to 4th - I hate finishing 3rd, miss out on the cash from qualifying matches for either the Champions league or Europa and my level 5 YA is ruinously expensive. 

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> saturday may 1 - 16:53

Rumours of Seaburn Beach holding training sessions with an elite squad of ninja assassins were denied by Stephen today.

"Sure, in the last couple of matches the team have been wearing black training gear that also covers most of their face. And yes, some of the players have been spotted jumping around on the stadium roof. And of course a couple of players may have looked to have some Jaypridee players in death grips, but that was an optical illusion created by the camera angle."

Meanwhile in unrelated news, Seaburn have announced a new range of commemorative ninja turtle figures to mark their Cup triumph. Among the range, Addo features as Leonardo, Tustin as Donatello and Stephen himself is Splinter. The club announced they would retail at a competitive rate and it hoped it would raise significant new funds because "those wages aren't going to pay themselves".

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Monk >> sunday may 2 - 06:54

Congratulations Stephen on another deserved double. A benchmark for us all. I think that's an 18th cup and 17th league win. To help you out with those wages I've sent a cheque over for £18.17; don't spend it all at once.

I get what you mean Bakerman. Finishing third often seems a bit of a punishment compared to fourth. If Melchester lose today to Seaburn then if you win your last 3 games, you'll get second. I don't mind coming third, my squad is small for all those qualifiers anyway. 

Perhaps the biggest surprise was that Newcastle was the last man standing in Europe this year. Our England ranking position stays the same in 12th, but this season we were the 7th highest coefficient earners, so hopefully we can make the top 8 soon.

Finally as a prelude to tonight's match with Seaburn, I can confirm that Melchester have been having secret self defence lessons with my Angolan Monks. They laugh at the ninja mentality of having a lie-in on Sunday mornings until 8am. Tonight's fight, I mean match, will surely go to Seaburn, but not without a , urm, fight. Let battle commence.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> sunday may 2 - 09:05, Edited sunday may 2 - 10:23

Congrats again @Stephen. Who needs ninjas when you've got spiderman's uncle ben playing?

Just the European places left to fight for now.

Lol @Alex. Well it seems like we've made it to league 2 and stadium 11 opens just as we arrive. But the current plan is to tread water for a few seasons in level 2 and earn enough cash ready to make the final assault in a few seasons. 

Either we spend a load of money on buying players ready for level 1 or lose too many matches when/if we get there. 

Plans can change though!

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> monday may 3 - 23:02

The Pixels scored twice against Seaburn, and led for 9 minutes! In the end it was all in vain as they scored 6 but for those 9 minutes the boys could dream!

It's the small matter of the Canvey derby next, and then on to the playoffs - I expected to finish bottom, so am very surprised to have a chance of staying up.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> tuesday may 4 - 07:45

@Lee - watched the playback this morning without knowing the result and was shocked awake! If you can tighten up a little at the back, you should have too much in the playoffs for the challengers and you could probably start pushing up the table a bit. 52 goals and finishing third bottom? That's impressive. You just need to fix the small matter of the 102 conceded. Had you only conceded, say, 75-80, no way would you be 18th

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fr Blackwhite >> tuesday may 4 - 08:08, Edited tuesday may 4 - 08:11

Congratulations to Seaburn Beach and his manager Stephen for these new league and cup titles. You are slowly getting closer to the 20 league titles ... which would be a feat in this difficult championship

On our side we succeeded in our maintenance which was the objective and an england cup semi-final...

The priority remains the Stadium 11: it remains half to be financed but with some sales we will approach it wink

Good truce to all cool

PS : Sorry for my english but I use my knowledge of the language and google translate too wink

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Stephen >> tuesday may 4 - 12:12

Your English is pretty good @Blackwhite. No need to apologise for it!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> tuesday may 4 - 13:09

^^^ Je suis bien d'accord. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> tuesday may 4 - 17:52

Mange tout, Rodney. Mange tout.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Stephen >> tuesday may 4 - 19:40

Well played, Addo, lad. 88 goals in 38 games. It'll take some doing to break that record.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday may 4 - 21:02

Congrats to the Pixels who manage to keep the Canvey Cup on away goals rule. The trophy stays in their cabinet for another year alongside the signed Melinda Messenger picture.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Lee >> tuesday may 4 - 22:13

Oh Melinda.....now there's a girl with two impressive strikers up front!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels