League of England season 69

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 24 Banter (23)

jp Natsumi >> friday july 1 - 14:34
*A femmine voice's laughter echoes across the empty corridors*

We stayed up, we didn't win any of last 8 games but we stayed up, we picked up just 3 points in last 8 matches and recorded our lowest ever point tally of just 30 points, but we stayed i'm not Fired!

haahahahahahha
jp Natsumi
Registered2013-08-08
my Kesvick >> friday july 1 - 15:51
Congratulations.
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Stephen >> friday july 1 - 16:17
Well played, Strood and Liverpool. League, Cup and Champions' League carved up between you.

8th place. Hmmm. Handed a European spot to Kassel in the last match,but achieved nothing else apart from collecting too many frustrating results.
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Kezza >> saturday july 2 - 12:17
Thanks Stephen and well done to Liverpool for the Champions League win
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
my Kesvick >> thursday july 7 - 08:51
I'm staying up!
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Monk >> thursday july 7 - 11:13
Congratulations to Kesvick on your survival and to Strood for the title and Liverpool for the Champions League win!

A successful season for the Monks even if it ebbed and flowed a little. 17 points from the first 9 games was a flyer of a start and morale was high. What then followed was just one win (a 1-0 home win over bottom club Arsenal) in 25 matches many of which we found it impossible to even score in let alone win a match. We finished with 2 wins from the last 4 games to secure our place but the warning signs are there.

A fabulous cup run to the semi finals is not enough to hide the current short-comings and purchases have been made to try to secure a mid-table finish next season. With that we can build for the future more.

The last team to get promoted and not finish in the bottom 3 in their first season up was Birmingham in season 18. He stayed up in season 19, but only survived via the play-offs in season 20 and was bottom in season 21. So the indications are there that survival beyond just one season is not guaranteed.

The Monks will be working hard to stay in league 1 again next season and survival would again be seen as a success.

best wishes to all,
Monk
eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
jp Natsumi >> thursday july 7 - 23:12
Anyone else think that germany france semi final was more rigged then a wrestling match? Really disappointed with that first goal might not of mattered in the end but came at a time germany looked in total control and then suddenly 1-0 down due to a dodgy penalty given by a Italian ref.. At a real loss for the final, I hate Portugal and France cheated in my view to get there so i think i am just boycotting the final.
jp Natsumi
Registered2013-08-08
eng coldstar >> friday july 8 - 23:39
I am happy that I won bunches of icecreams in the office due to that game result ...
eng coldstar
User
Registered2013-06-02