Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

Return to search results

English >> Suggestions

Big brother/Mentor system (79)

no Lied >> tuesday september 15 - 15:14
New player picks a club.
New player receives a new message:"You can gain a popularity and income boost by choosing a big club to be affiliated with. You can see a list of clubs and managers available to you in the [Mentor] tab on the left. You will become that teams feeder club for 3 seasons and your clubs name will be visible on the list of feeder clubs for that team. You receive a boost when you have picked a club and sent a message to the manager of that club, this manager will be your mentor."

New player gets a new message after picking a mentor: "Thanks to your affiliation to club XXX, your club is starting to increase in popularity. Your sponsors have also taken notice and will give you £1 million immediately, you will receive a equal bonus at the end of this season for the next 3 seasons. You can change mentor anytime you want. Please remember that your mentor wants to answer questions and make you a better manager!"

Other:
A mentor tab is created with a list of clubs and managers who have volunteered to be mentors. Mentors will have to list what languages they speak, new players can only see mentors who speak the same language.

A Feeder Clubs tab is created on the club page for Advanced clubs. Here you can see all the affiliated teams that the manager is mentoring.

The new player receives a message each time the mentor list a player for loan. Unsure if the new player should have a higher chance of getting the player if he puts in a loan bid.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
us Danny >> tuesday september 15 - 15:20
Sounds like a good idea +1
us Danny
User
Registered2014-04-29
eng Stephen >> friday september 18 - 08:20
This is an interesting idea, Lied. I like it; it might help new player retention. I think the idea of there being few/no benefits to the mentors is the right one; my only question would be whether there would be enough interest from mentors to match the number of new managers?

+1
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> friday september 18 - 13:21
It's a very interesting suggestion - would definitely help new players overcome the initial frustration/confusion when learning the game.

The forums are obviously a huge help and it seems most users are willing to provide assistance but being officially mentored by someone would give new players more confidence and add to the community spirit.

+1
eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
ee Taavi >> friday september 18 - 13:52
+1
ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
At least manager's that play actively for 1 year or 2 can apply to be picked by those that need mentor,
ro Andrei >> friday september 18 - 15:54
+1 from me too
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng holt >> friday september 18 - 15:58
actually,it can be put as opttional,because compulsory would just backfire.
eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
us Peter >> friday september 18 - 16:48
+1 I like this idea, if what holt said is implemented.
us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
pl Tech Noir >> friday september 18 - 17:09
+1

Feeder/Parents team is awesome idea and i will always support this idea no matter what but ....

What will happen if the mentor will be reluctant to answer questions from new player or wont answer at all?
pl Tech Noir
Community admin
Registered2015-05-04
eng Lee >> friday september 18 - 17:53
Okay Yokuslu - The hope would be anyone volunteering to be a mentor will take the role seriously and provide the required assistance. If this is not the case, one solution could be for the new user to inform Admin and have the mentor replaced (potential for a club fine or credits deducted).
eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
pl MAT >> friday september 18 - 20:46
+1
@Lied
Are mentor files volunteer?
Or is it imposed from top?
Is mentor could lend footballers this team?
What advantages would benefit both teams in addition to popularity
and 1 000 000 funts !? Meybe limit loan players five only this team (no pay)?
pl MAT
User
Registered2014-06-04
dk Mystic Warrior Copenhagen
eng Cloughie >> friday september 18 - 21:11
I have been sort if doing this ...every time someone loans a player I try to help them with advice other loan suggestions etc. So this for me would be a great addition. I personally would take the role seriously (Yokuslu) and don't think those who volunteer would let their feeder/trainees down. However I would try and word it correctly so that newbies are not insulted.

Also we would have to give a bonus to those who choose to 'do it alone'. I think I would probably (when I was new) have gone alone out of pride, and I don't think those should be punished/hindered.

+1 for the idea GREAT LETS GET IT INTRODUCED
eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
ni Mr.Glass >> friday september 18 - 21:19
+1

I don't know that it has to be executed exactly like this, but some kind of mentor system would be great.

Does the mentor gain anything from this? I mean I would do it just because I understand that more new users sticking with the game is good for everyone, but I mean would there be any gameplay advantage for the mentor?

Or maybe a spot in the museum that keeps track of the number of users we have mentored to advanced club status and a world ranking?
ni Mr.Glass
User
Registered2013-07-18
eng Cloughie >> friday september 18 - 22:21
Ability to loan more players? Or something along those lines
eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies