Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

World Transfer Talk (211)

my Kesvick >> saturday july 27 - 11:50

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/1155052728525164544?s=21

OHMAIFAHCKINGGOTT

WHAT THE ACTUAL F?!?!?!?!?! PEPE TO ARSENAL!!!!

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng holt >> saturday july 27 - 12:01
To be honest,the transfer was on the line for some time now.
Looking forward to a front three of Pepe,Laca,Auba.

Damn,every team seems to be set.Except Chelsea and Utd.
eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ee Taavi >> saturday july 27 - 12:03

Is Arsenal actually getting a team togheter? :O 

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
ng Don-x⭐Ⓜ dedicating s75 league&cup titles to hi >> saturday july 27 - 12:49, Edited saturday july 27 - 12:54
damn who are those saying PEPE said Chelsea is the only club he will play for in england.

Where are those saying arsenal has just 4m transfer budget, lemme add 0, £40m.
Some speculation makes me cry..

After transfer ban, sancho will be linked
my Kesvick >> saturday july 27 - 13:28, Edited saturday july 27 - 13:29

@holt: No, it wasn't. No football aficionado I know ever thought he was ever in realistic contention for Arsenal. The last transfer rumours I can find for Pépé categorically said we were not in the running for him.

And then all of a sudden, this blows up over the past 6-8 hours? Wow?!

@Taavi: Seems like it. Dani and Nicolas Pépé are transfers where we are actively trying to avoid wing play as our only attacking option, instead looking for directly taking on and beating defenders.

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng holt >> saturday july 27 - 16:46

@Kesvick Idk what you're talking about.I heard that Arsenal were a strong target.

This means nothing if backup isnt provided for the "overstressed" defense.

For those who want to know more about Nicolas Pepe:-

https://youtu.be/3JYVV5wjKzA

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng holt >> saturday july 27 - 16:49

What surprises(or excites) me is the Barcelona situation, as it seems that they have bitten off more than they can chew.With the Griezmann transfer being appealed by Atletico,they do need to need to get rid of some high-profile cases.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ee Taavi >> saturday july 27 - 17:06

So stupid appealing that...what if they get Griezmann back? they are out of money with an unmotivated player, out play themselves with this situation

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
my Kesvick >> saturday july 27 - 23:17

@holt: Until very recently, '40 million pounds' was supposed to be the transfer budget for Arsenal. It's an often-cited figure that has been mocked by other fans online.

Furthermore, there was also the general idea that:

1. Pépé's agent was using Arsenal to get a better deal for his player.
  2. Lille was using Arsenal to get a better deal from the other clubs (Liverpool, Napoli, etc.).
  3. We wanted to focus more on transfers for defensive players.

Clearly, that is not the case. The club must've recognised the real value of the player and immediately put in a bid.

Additionally, it's a big club. You can work on attack first, while still working on defence later. Multi-tasking.

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng holt >> monday july 29 - 03:57
@Kesvick Yes although that's true,I haven't heard of Arsenal going after anyone other than Tierney for defense.
eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
my Kesvick >> monday july 29 - 04:50

Well, there was Joachim Anderssen of Sampdoria, at around the same time the Kieran Tierney rumours happened. Pape Cissé came next, and the latest centre-back rumour is Daniele Rugani of Juventus on a loan deal with an option to buy.

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
my Kesvick >> friday august 2 - 02:29

Woo Pépé!

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
Finally congrat arsenal
eng holt >> friday august 2 - 14:13, Edited friday august 2 - 14:13

@Kesvick At the same time,Arsenal is backed up with quality CBs like Carl Jenkinson...

The Dybala situation is getting worse.He seems heavily linked to a move towards OGS United.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18