Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Supertalents (2326)

pt João Pedro Ferreira >> wednesday december 9 - 11:00

Nuban, with such talent, age is not a real problem ;)

Great player.

pt João Pedro Ferreira
User
Registered2013-06-14
pt SC Braga
ee Balthazor >> thursday december 31 - 11:10

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2279709

Nothing very special, my previous ST (Tammleht) was little bit better both at age and talent. Considering about position.

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
ee Taavi >> thursday december 31 - 13:11

Keeper maybe?

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
us Mike >> thursday january 21 - 22:18

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2288072

Unexpectably got this 7.45 talent player today.  Happy about concentrated and loyal.  Bummed about modest.  I already have a young athletic and concentrated goalie and am worried about high GK wages (even with loyal).  Debating outside back, sweeper or forward.  Thoughts?  

us Mike
User
Registered2015-05-29
us Colonials FC
il Numpty >> thursday january 21 - 22:24, Edited thursday january 21 - 22:26

With Modest I would train him in a way that keeps his rating low. 

Suggestions would be a defensive midfielder with very little passing, an attacking midfielder with very low tactics, a forward with all duelling instead of scoring. My own preference would be the attacking mid with loads of passing and around 1.5 tactics.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> thursday january 21 - 22:42

Mid with just passing will have like 30 stars :D

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
uy Awful >> thursday january 21 - 22:57

great player bro !

CB,DCB

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
eng Stephen >> thursday january 21 - 23:12

@Mike - that's not ideal, but he can still be a strong player even with the potential handicap of modest. It'll be a bonus until he is one of the three strongest players in star value and that's going to be over ten seasons away.

It should also be possible with some sensible planning to have three other players who have a higher star value. Defenders with tactics and blocking, for example, so it might not be all that difficult to avoid the penalty, after all? Probably around the time he is getting good, you just need to be super-ambitious with your club!

Whatever you do with him, 'loyal' will mean you're not crippled by wages. Just make sure almost all of his training goes into main skill only in an effort to keep a lid on his star value.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
gr PMK >> friday january 22 - 06:57

Just make him a striker and sell him:)

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
us Mike >> saturday january 23 - 00:26

Thanks everyone for the feedback!  Despite the widespread frustration with lack of enhancements from the RS developers it is very refreshing to hear different perspectives here as that signals there is no universal "right way" to do things at least as it relates to this player. 

us Mike
User
Registered2015-05-29
us Colonials FC
nl Jort >> thursday january 28 - 08:12

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2292727

Dissapointing super talent (level 10) if you ask me.. :(. Or am I wrong?

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
il Numpty >> thursday january 28 - 08:25

Yep! pretty disappointing for level 10. A very good age though which softens the blow a little.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> thursday january 28 - 09:45

He's not great, no. Bad luck

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
nl Jort >> thursday january 28 - 10:11

THanks both!

Hopefully i will get an unexpected ST one soon to make it up.

What should I do with him, goalkeeper?

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
eng Stephen >> thursday january 28 - 10:34

His talent is too low for a GK in my opinion. Concentrated is okay for a defender in my experience, but downhearted isn't good anywhere, unfortunately! A downhearted midfielder/forward isn't going to help you get back in the match if you fall behind, but a GK/def with this trait might mean you're more likely to let in more goals.

I'd probably go with defender and just make sure that the rest of your defence is strong. If you never fall behind, it won't be a problem ;)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach