Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

YA level 3 kids (578)

ro Ragnar >> monday august 5 - 14:48

midfielder is the right choice.

ro Ragnar
User
Registered2013-09-23
br FC Sport Boys
uy Awful >> monday august 5 - 23:22

intelligen alone isnt that great anymore 

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
nl Joddit >> monday august 5 - 23:49

So we have two votes for midfielder, but neither of them actually tried to explain why, which is a shame...

Personally, I would have opted for a defender, since in my view, tactics seem to be more useful for defenders than midfielders (excluding DMs of course), but I have to admit that I'm willing to be proven wrong on this.. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> monday august 5 - 23:59, Edited tuesday august 6 - 00:15

Good post, Joddit. 

The other advantage of Intelligent is being able to load them up with lots of specials, so an AM might be a consideration, with something like Playmaker, Longshots, Set Pieces, Shielding, Freestyler ...

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> tuesday august 6 - 10:07

@Numpty:

That could work too!

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
au davo >> tuesday august 6 - 12:21

I would not do Long Shots or Set Pieces on a DM as they are much better for players that are only trained in Passing. DMs are trained with lots of duelling so have low passing.

I try and use intelligent players for Fullbacks and DMs. My ideal DM is trained in Playmaker, Sheilding, Man Marker and Correct.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
midfielder as numpty said, he will be trained with a lot of special, with just low tactics 2.0 eg.
nl Joddit >> tuesday august 6 - 20:57

@davo

Numpty never said it would be a DM. In fact, he specifically said it would be an AM. If you are going to criticise people's suggestions, please make sure you read them properly. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> tuesday august 6 - 21:05, Edited wednesday august 7 - 06:53

Just to be clear I wasn't actually proposing an AM as the best option, but rather responding to Joddit's post about why Intelligent could be useful for a midfielder. It allows more specials to be trained and ipso facto any position needing lots of specials will benefit from Intelligent. 

My personal opinion is that defender or DM is best for the reasons already given. DM may be the best choice as a DM can make good use of both tactics and also lots of specials. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2002799
Without 2staff my ya sucks
au davo >> wednesday august 7 - 10:06

@Numpty, apologies if my misunderstanding made it seem like I was criticising your post.

@Joddit, regardless of my misreading of it, I was not critical of Numpty I was just adding my opinion, so how about you mind your own business and let Numpty tell me if he is offended by what I posted.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> wednesday august 7 - 10:22, Edited wednesday august 7 - 10:23

Before this goes any further and gets out of hand can I just say that I appreciate both Davo's and Joddit's contributions. 

Thank you to Joddit for "having my back". 

Thank you to Davo for your apology. 

Both are appreciated. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> wednesday august 7 - 12:35

Nobody said SW with versatile, longshots , sprinter , man marker , shielding and correct...shame shame

Or someone did , tbh didnt read so im making assumptions

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
uy Awful >> thursday august 8 - 17:56

last one worst one from ya 3

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2002621

long term loan prospect 

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10