Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Not Frustrated at all topic. Season 9-99 (9173)

ro Andrei >> sunday june 30 - 18:52, Edited sunday june 30 - 18:53
And you were kind of making assumptions about my post. I wasn't ridiculing anybody. I was simply inquiring what he meant by that post. Because it didn't make much sense at first.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
nl Joddit >> sunday june 30 - 19:26

Only in your first response. There was a lot going on after that, which you are conveniently ignoring. 

But alright. Enough has been said, I suppose. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
ro Andrei >> sunday june 30 - 19:36, Edited sunday june 30 - 19:37
I agree. Enough has been indeed said. Enough assumptions have been made as well.

Next time you don't have all the facts, please don't fill in the blanks with assumptions. I'd appreciate that.

Case closed.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
nl Joddit >> sunday june 30 - 19:42

@Andrei

It really is not common courtesy to say case closed, while making (or renewing) an accusation to someone, even if you disagree with someone's earlier statements. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
ro Andrei >> sunday june 30 - 20:01
Same applies to you.

Now can we end this conversation? This one went off the rails in this topic. Thank you.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
br Ronaldo César >> sunday june 30 - 22:17

I do not know who suggested raising building levels earlier, but to say that they did not spoil the transfer market is absurd. I am making a constructive criticism, I thought it would be better to have a junior center with smaller levels and that everyone can easily. Having golden talented players in the past was a privilege, it was cool to see 200 clubs fighting only for one athlete. The only thing that should increase would be the training center to levels that could not be maintained. Level 16 is not enough, because in a while the big clubs will cover with the money of the museum that can evolve infinitely, and that is another mistake in the game.

br Ronaldo César
User
Registered2016-07-11
ee Taavi >> sunday june 30 - 22:20

I think this is a better system then the former 1b+ per player system , every supertalent having 50 bids because people want to sell for a profit later... less players, less transfers , smaller ammounts , its more realistic :)

Most of the whining is about not getting to sell Andy Carroll for 150m€

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Stephen >> sunday june 30 - 22:31

Agree with you Taavi. This system is much improved.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
people have to adapt, I think system will be well balance. We just have to take this early circle.
Last system became bad, you need 3 players to win CL,
This change prevented chance of 400 teams fighting for one player.

I sold a 6.2 talents. 40m he was good all round and gonna be a great wingback, I accepted this value because of his bad influence, greedy, patriotic. am happy.

Another for 109m he has good specials, but yet the bid has to come in dying minutes. am happier
so as the system shapes a catching up manager should know he shouldn't jump straight to these new building, is a choice at the beginning.

so finally suggestion should plz go to its section, so does Frustration and not frustrations. Can't post be moved.
au davo >> monday july 1 - 08:27

The system where people are no longer having to pay $1bn for an average supertalent is better for those who are buying, but not for those who are selling. If the object of the change was to assist newer managers to catch up to more established ones then it is a monumental failure.

On a personal level, I am happy with the change. I have a FA4 and am building a YA4. I haven't bought a player for 8 seasons and am relatively unlikely to ever buy another player again, except for use as staff.

This is not a great result for managers with YC10s creating supertalents that are significantly worse than my regular youths. Having said this, I never sold a player for decent money so it is not imperative that transfer income is needed to progress to high levels.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
eng Stephen >> monday july 1 - 08:55

@Davo - the object was to get rid of excess money from the game. That has definitely worked.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> monday july 1 - 09:23, Edited monday july 1 - 09:29

Spot on Davo. 

The whole concept of "excess money" is fundamentally flawed. Money is just a number where the value changes with the amount available. In a closed system an increasing money supply simply means inflation and higher prices. Less money causes deflation and lower prices.  

The end result of money being spent on facilities rather than players means that instead of the wealth being more equally distributed around the game it's now held mostly by the larger clubs. 

So as Davo rightly points out the beneficiaries of the change are the managers of the largest clubs, who have been playing for a long time. They now have much better training facilities and can develop their own youths. 

If had one of the top clubs I would definitely be happy with it. :D

New managers expect to start at the bottom but there does need to be a realistic prospect of catching up at some point. There isn't.

The gap between the top clubs and the rest is now huge. Of course it can be closed - but the timescales to do so seem to be massive.

I'm okay with "difficult", I'm not so keen on the nearly impossible... 

If I had understood this aspect when I started playing the game I don't think that I would have continued past the first day. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> monday july 1 - 09:26, Edited monday july 1 - 09:36

@davo , if you never buy players thats bad management , you always have to fill spots to make ur team the best it can be ,  get 11 players around the same age that fit each other , sell 3 good players to buy 1 amazing player etc

The gap will get smaller again once the game stagnates , we dont have a sky is the limit system , you can only afford so much. Before new YA ,FA etc everyone had YC10 and TC10 , did the gap get smaller? still same teams in the top , its based on skill , effort and smart financing

And who ever says its impossible to catch up is just lazy

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-10232

Hes played half the time i have and is going to be better then me soon , because i cant be bothered making 30 trades per window

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
exactly @steven.
@davo what you should know right now is that new managers don't need their own YA4 pull or luck to pull 7 talent once a year with YC10 to catch up.

What they need now is patience, get high popularity, build stadium, that's all,
this is a big advantage to them now (base on TL value). This system takes away more money from big teams, smaller teams makes huge profits now.

my advise to my fellow managers in my league. Who are afraid that they can't make it at top, is simple.
*Stick with YC10/10,
*work your popularity,
*build the biggest stadium,
*plus important revenue source
*make sure your bank balance smiles
*then you will see the distance is not far...
*top team will complain they will smile.
il Numpty >> monday july 1 - 09:34, Edited monday july 1 - 09:47

@ Don

Agree with your advice. In fact, that's pretty much what I'm doing.

It's the timescales that are discouraging.

@ Taavi

Certainly looks like he's done a good job at that club.

However, he's been there for nearly 4 years and it also looks like it wasn't a starter club, so it already had facilities.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets