Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

#SaveTheGame (433)

hr Ivan >> sunday december 22 - 17:24

There are less new players starting this game, because when they realize it will take them at least couple of years, if not more, to get to top leagues in their countries, they turn to other games which are more dynamic that way. I am not saying that this is wrong, but isn't it in everyones interest for this game to attract more and more new players?!?

And, let's be honest, for those like me, who are playing this game almost from the beginning, if we were to start playing this game now for the first time, would we keep playing it for 2-3 years ti get to top division? Honestly, I am not sure if I would.

But the main problem for me is lack of communication between us, players and developers, Vincent. We do not know what his plans are. And it would be fine if improvements were made from time to time, like it was the case in the past. But it has gone too long without any changes, improvements were made. 

I like this game, I will keep playing it, it is a good game, but there is always room for making it even better, and that is what this is about, and I will always support that. 

hr Ivan
User
Registered2013-05-24
hr gemini >> sunday december 22 - 18:05, Edited sunday december 22 - 18:06

@Ar4ers "New users need to understand that nothing comes quickly , to reach big team level you will need 5-6 years" ...... 

i agree, abuot  5-6 years for sure but real life years not RS years. who can wait for that if he starts playing now ?? 

with what motivation ?? I play 4y and 8m and I'm still in no position to win the league and i have not made sirious mistake in the proces !?

I'm not sorry about that, but new players ( players who are just starting ) are in a much more difficult position.

hr gemini
User
Registered2015-04-05
lv Ar4ers >> sunday december 22 - 19:00

Soon there will 5 years from registration. I am still in no position to win first league either. But I dont complain, i like what i am doing now - train youngsters , win 2nd league 

When I had vip3 , won many titles in Kosovo

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
eng Dragontao >> sunday december 22 - 19:07

Different mentalities. There are those who want everything easy and handed to them on a plate. Then there are those willing to work hard to achieve things, even if it takes time.

You see it in real life in so many things.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
hr Gorica >> sunday december 22 - 19:20

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all the supporters/critics who participated on this topic via like/dislike or commenting. Every comment/opinion enriches it.

Number of teams does not represent number of players. There are many teams on that list of 4054 teams that dont have owners or they have inactive ones. Estimates are that there are around 3500 active players at this moment. Every player that has a circle of activity next to his name is considered an active one.

Our Croatian community had 80 members at its peak, now we have fallen on 40 and every one of those 40 thought about leaving at one point. We also lost 2 admins in this year: Eddie and VEddie was player with most posts on this forum because he was moderator of it for a very long time before becoming an admin. V was in RS since day 1 and became head admin for his accomplishments. There are only a couple of admins in whole game with such title.

I agree that there is no sharp decline of players and that this big loss that we had can not be seen on global scale. But on the other hand we as admins saw a sharp decline in activity, there are lots of minor leagues with 2-3 active teams. All of this suggests that game is going down slowly.

We also have specific measures/changes to propose which have not been proposed before on this forum but what is the point in writing them if everything is ignored? There was also a try on admin forum before this post but there was no response. At this moment nobody knows why suggestion part of the forum even exists?! 

As mr. bin said "a certain level of commitments is needed to maintain the game". We have not seen that level for a very long time. On game changelog, last post was on 18. of March, 2018. Today, 2020. is at our doorstep. This says enough. 

hr Gorica
Community admin
Registered2013-07-01
hr HNK Square Dubrovnik
ua Andris >> sunday december 22 - 19:32

The game is still running, but I agree with everyone who says that without new users 'nothing will work in the long run'. Eventually, more will leave then appear. Museum is the biggest cheat code, that needs to be reworked, because new players will never be able to catch up to 'unlimited power'.

ua Andris
User
Registered2015-05-18
lv Gaujmalas avoti
us Peter >> sunday december 22 - 20:18, Edited sunday december 22 - 20:20

I'm not an expert in developing games. I don't know what Vincent's reasons are for not developing this game anymore. It could be any number of things. If it's personal then I don't want to know, because that's none of my business.

Vincent built this game with some other guys to hopefully make some money. That's what every game developer's long-term goal is – to make income on their creation.

Many of us pay (or used to pay) for VIP. We give Vincent money, and we have this game to enjoy. So I guess you can say he doesn't owe us anything. We both benefit from each other's actions.

But... you'd think posting a couple of goddamn sentences in a forum to say what the hell is going on is one of the easiest things on earth to do. Just say whether or not you're going to update the game in the future. If the answer is no, the answer is no. I can deal with that. If the answer is yes, but we have to wait another year or two, then awesome. I wouldn't complain in the slightest.

I just want to know what's going to happen. Surely that's not MUCH to ask? Also, a good portion of the community is clamoring for this information. That's what this entire thread is. All the more reason for Vincent to say a few words on the current situation.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
pt Sir Alex >> sunday december 22 - 20:42

True Andris, i forgot this ´Museum is the biggest cheat code, that needs to be reworked, because new players will never be able to catch up to 'unlimited power'.

I totally agree with this. Another stupid thing.

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
ee Taavi >> sunday december 22 - 20:51

Vincent got a new job some time ago and lacks time to do things , but atleast hes keeping it running :)

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
ee Balthazor >> monday december 23 - 20:11

In the boots of Vincent I would consider to enlarge the development team: probably we have some users, who are ready to help voluntarily maybe just for free VIP. I suspect also, that Vincent is quite introvert person and doesn't want to have big team of devs with increasing danger that game would move to directions he doesn't want if majority of devs have such ideas. So he is keeping status quo. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
hr klokan92 >> monday december 23 - 23:13

Main problem, is that Vincent created beautiful game. This online football manager is probably quickest and most interesting manager online, with matches basically every day. And we wish to keep playing it.

But lack of interest for further development is reason why people will drop the game in next year. Users need information what will be of game in two years, for example. I personally think this game has huge potential, and for me only logical solution is to Vincent put some effort in game or sell it to someone with vision. For Vincent, this is job and he should look at these from business perspective, and earn while he still can.

Before we posted this on public forum, we tried to get reaction from Vincent on admin forum, pointing out 7 most problematic segments of game:

1. Match engine

-  it is ridiculous that you are not allowed to play in any formation you wish and want because you know you will lose. Now, I will admit that I'm no expert for this field, but if it can function with other online football manager games, than i honestly don't see a reason why it shouldn't work here.

2. Match player

- shite from day 1! I know there was never interest to change that in early seasons, come on, after 50 seasons it is time to do something against this crime against art of animation. I sometimes forget how bad it is, but gets reminded by new users from time to time. 

3. Players market and star value

- it needs upgrade depending on current market situation and current quality of players. We never had so many excellent players in game as today. Current value system is designed for 10-15 stars players and it is obsolete. Also, there should be idea to develop players even further. Only 5 trainable skills is too small for players derisively in the game. Talent is basically only value now.

4. Transfer checks

- Only thing taken more than seriously in this game is cheat catching process. I honestly sometimes feel like we are stasi police officers. Market flow should be faster because people don't want to wait 2 days to get theirs transfer approved. Admins should check only transfers that are above 25M RSD, that are 20% above market value and have less than three bids from non bot players. (just a suggestion)

5. VIP status

- users with VIP should have some other benefits that are not directly connected to the game - like credits or better sponsor contratcs for example (this is wrong and unfair on so many levels). VIP status should bring you things like hall of fame, more diversion in jersey design, availability to organize friendly tournaments, statistic data and history info, better options which are not directly connected with the development of club or players (And of course, concept that only VIP can run NT is ridiculous and unfair, but i can understand why that can be VIP option in game like this).

6. Development 

- there should be quality long term development plan (like 2 years development plan) which will specifically set some goals considering game development (like any of changes in above points). Also, there needs to be small upgrades every seasons (like small upgrades in every aspect of a game so users are aware that somebody is doing something actually. And finaly,  there should be strategic plan how to advertise game outside RS community to attract new users which should be admins job in their respective regions of the world.

7. Vincent in top leauge

- you should not play in top Dutch division anymore. After first few seasons, there was this same questions actual, and you said you need to now how things work out from users perspective at high level, so this is the reason you are playing in top division, and promised you will get to third or forth after some time. That time was long gone, because developer can not be manager of one of best clubs in game. It is ridiculous and unfair. You can very well see how things work in game from 4th league.

We suggested admin-strike for transfer approval (to pass all transfers on the last day of transfer period) to get Vincent attention, but for few weeks still nothing from Vincent (also, other admins rejected the idea of a strike, although practically all agreed with those problems) He simply doesn't care what will be with the game, and the game will die. It is not guess, it is experience from other similar games that got in similar position.

But i assure you, whatever we try to do Vincent will ignore us, and that is sole reason we are trying to save the game. Because, how users can be motivated to play game if developer isn't?

hr klokan92
User
Registered2013-02-08
si NK Krško
us Oregonian >> tuesday december 24 - 03:15

@klokan92

Man, you made my day. So naive. But I know what you can do to bring Vincent attention to this list. It is simple, just offer him reasonable monthly salary or invest into the game reasonable amount of money. Only than you can demand items 5 thru 7.

us Oregonian
User
Registered2019-09-10
lv Tamaz >> tuesday december 24 - 20:43

Been playing this from day 1. And klokan is 110% right.

From a to z. All the things he said.

I mean really? Is it so hard (if he done it before like 3 times) to adjust player values, and other things?

We need answers.

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
ro Raderian >> wednesday december 25 - 18:46

Four days have passed and still not even the slightest feedback...

I'm sorry but I cannot buy the fact the Vincent has no time to write at least one message per month, just keeping us updated with what's going on. I do get that he cannot commit to any specific development plans (since almost 2 years) but this is just a matter of good manners and respect for all the followers of this game, some here for 5+ years.

Shame, shame, shame!

PS: Yes, he reads the messages (or so we were told) blah blah. So what? This only creates even more frustration. I honestly prefer that he would not do it anymore, at least we can move on, maybe find another game, not necesarely as good as this one but at least made by people interested in their business. 

ro Raderian
User
Registered2019-08-30
ro Dragon Riders
au davo >> wednesday december 25 - 23:21

....and after you have wasted a whole 4 months of your life on the game. How could he (!)

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27