Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

The problem of skyrocketing wages(1.24 billion Euro) (111)

lv Dainix >> tuesday september 15 - 14:57, Edited tuesday september 15 - 14:59

Hah, if this player was under 24 years of age, he could go for rent for 1,2 billion 

lv Dainix
User
Registered2014-04-15
lv SK Latgols
eng Stephen >> tuesday september 15 - 16:43

Lol @Numpty. At some of these wages, he could soon afford to buy up a sizeable number of islands...

I’m sure once he’s had his fill of sun, sea, sand and his cocktail of choice he’ll be back and raring to go again.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> tuesday september 15 - 17:32, Edited tuesday september 15 - 17:37

The trouble with alliteration is you get sun, sea, surf, sand and se... 

Maybe he's got distracted by the US Virgin Islands. 

... seminary, of course. :D 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hu Zsone >> wednesday september 16 - 11:24

...and now one of the brightest talents of the game is on the list...probably the manager read this thread and decided better to sell now than fire him in a couple of seasons...the game was not improving lately but this...this is game over.

hu Zsone
User
Registered2016-07-14
bg mo >> wednesday september 16 - 13:57

I prefer to get bankrupt than to sell the player I was waiting so many years, just because another bug in the game. At least I will play few more years with him, before his salary become too big and anyway the game may die earlier than that.

bg mo
User
Registered2013-07-25
bg FC Smunck
hu Zsone >> wednesday september 16 - 14:31

Exactly Mo...now we should sell or fire our loooong waited supertalent who may get our club to the next level just because the game is f*****. What a joke,I feel very sorry for this guy who had to fire probably the best ever GK in the game. 

hu Zsone
User
Registered2016-07-14
ee Taavi >> wednesday september 16 - 14:56

Doubt any forward or midfielder will ever get to wages a team can afford...seems to be a keeper problem :)

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
us Mercuric >> wednesday september 16 - 16:16, Edited wednesday september 16 - 16:17

I think it's time to combine the wage system with a free agency system.  Let managers bid on players who are let go and that's their new wage.  This would be like Ronaldo quitting football because no one can pay what he's worth.  It's ridiculous.

Or how about the ability to restructure a contract?  You get the opportunity to do so, but other teams can outbid you and steal your player (for a transfer fee, of course).  Something needs to be done.

us Mercuric
User
Registered2014-08-15
hr agent47 >> wednesday september 16 - 18:42

https://rockingsoccer.com/hr/soccer/info/player-1865858

Next one :(

hr agent47
User
Registered2013-05-29
hr Rofl Team
ee Taavi >> wednesday september 16 - 20:11

I think keepers are just broken , all the highest starred players are keepers , needs some proper rework :)

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
tr Mavi >> wednesday september 16 - 20:43

That was the reason I didnt turn Stoch to GK. I think he was defender and I turned him to FW. with 8.8 talent he would definitely kill my finances and ruin the club.

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
es Carrasco >> wednesday september 16 - 23:52

Maybe this is one of the ways of financial fairness because you can’t give all players a maximum salary, but the salary of this goalkeeper is indeed too outrageous.

es Carrasco
User
Registered2013-06-08
eng holt >> thursday september 17 - 04:53

But how would you solve this problem without drastically changing the wage formula?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
tr Mavi >> thursday september 17 - 05:58

just put a maximum wage limit. like maybe 200-300 million at most.

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
au davo >> thursday september 17 - 06:31

Even that sounds a bit much. I'd be thinking half of that to make it manageable.

There are better ways of dealing with it than a simple cap, but unfortunately there is unlikely to be much in the way of development.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27