Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10384)

il Numpty >> thursday august 29 - 15:23, Edited thursday august 29 - 15:24

@PMK, I apologise for misrepresenting your meaning. 

All the details on the bid page - Money, Country, Language, Age, Value - would indicate that these are the only factors in calculating the win chance. 

May I ask where this theory comes from?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
gr PMK >> thursday august 29 - 15:27

I think I read it on a forum, but mostly from my experience in selling and buying 

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
il Numpty >> thursday august 29 - 15:34, Edited thursday august 29 - 15:38

It seems clear to me that identical bids - where all the 5 factors are equal - always get given the same "win chance". 

So from that I would deduce that Popularity is not included in the calculation of the win chance. (As win chance is the same regardless of Popularity).

So if Popularity is indeed a factor then the given "win chance" is incorrect - and misleading.

Is that what you are suggesting?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
gr PMK >> thursday august 29 - 15:39

yes, those factors are mostly nonsense. I have seen times and again that if the other bidder has 2 million or more popularity, he has increased chances to get the player. But I think this isn't new info, probably older users may also support this scenario.

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
il Numpty >> thursday august 29 - 15:48

Okay, thanks. 

Well if you're correct that it's mostly nonsense then that leaves a very bad smell ...

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> thursday august 29 - 17:38

I don’t think club popularity has anything to do with it. 1) I’ve never ever heard this before and 2) my club is perfectly capable of losing bids to clubs with much lower popularity!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ee Taavi >> thursday august 29 - 17:44

Same , never heard of it...

But i do remember that text being wrong , lets say 5 players bid then 3 players get a message the player prefered their club , so theres a winner , 3 teams with prefered club message and 1 club with other team names , something like that

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> thursday august 29 - 19:31

I only mentioned a bad smell and Stephen and Taavi are the first to turn up ... tongue-out

Thanks for the input gents, that's clarified it.

My club is in such great demand that we seem to be perfectly capable of losing bids when it says 100% ... :)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
za Oom Koenraad >> friday august 30 - 07:40

What the heck?! Couldn't Get acces to the game,struggle for about 4-5 hours to get through,couldn't set up a line for my cup match!! Server's are slow! 

za Oom Koenraad
User
Registered2015-10-23
ss Al-Malakia FC
il Numpty >> friday august 30 - 08:51, Edited friday august 30 - 08:57

I do wish that loans between first and second teams weren't allowed.

This seems a bit unfair as the borrowing manager is much more likely to keep bidding the price up. This increases the chance that other bidders will drop out or simply get the loaning club a higher loan fee. 

It's essentially a form of shill bidding. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ca Alex Seymour >> friday august 30 - 17:20

Hands up who had to google 'shill bidding'?  innocent

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
us Peter >> friday august 30 - 17:43

Someone overpriced their player and I generously made a bid anyway.

Dude hasn't come on in over 20 hours to accept or review my bid.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
il Numpty >> friday august 30 - 17:55, Edited friday august 30 - 17:56

@ Alex

Lol, it's not only a game. It's an education. smile

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
us Peter >> friday august 30 - 22:00

Ok, he came on 5 minutes before the deadline and accepted it. I'm relieved.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
ph meow the cat >> saturday august 31 - 12:15

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-16635636

Own goal, yellow with PK, and lame players killed our road to U21 Championship. 

I'm very upset with that perfromance. We have the worst U21 programme in the Philippines.

ph meow the cat
User
Registered2018-04-18
ph Puso ng Baguio