Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Not Frustrated at all topic. Season 9-99 (9173)

ee Taavi >> tuesday january 26 - 15:06

Im building my team with absolutely 0 fincancial planning , only god knows if ill play with 1 FW for the rest of the season, will i have 15 star defenders or 20 star defenders next season , nobody knows , so much fun

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
au davo >> wednesday january 27 - 04:07

For the first time in 12 seasons I didn't win the league/cup double. My team is ageing and my YA4 emerging players are unlikely to be able to compete with my opposition's YA5 players. I will probably wind my team down a bit to help me save money until such a time that I can afford to build and maintain a FA5 and become competitive again.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
eng ipfreely >> wednesday january 27 - 23:04, Edited wednesday january 27 - 23:05

Good luck Davo!

My plan is to stick with YA1 (at 2nd team) and look to buy YA5 players once Stadium 11 and TA4 are built - who knows when that might be (or if the game's still going by then) or whether it can work but guess I'll find out if I stick around. At least I'm making money at the moment!

eng ipfreely
User
Registered2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
au davo >> wednesday january 27 - 23:29

Thanks mate. I think that you are making a wise decision.

Had I not sold some players last season I would have made a loss of $150m. Not great for a team that was undefeated in the league, made it to the cup final and the knockout stages of the Champs League, and made $115m in interest/museum income.

It is not like my team is even that great, but they still cost me $450m in wages.

I have no idea how Melbourne Victory manages to survive with a wage bill like mine and a maintenace bill about $135m more than mine. He must be losing $300m-$400m per season. That can't go on for too much longer...

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
ua Good bye >> thursday january 28 - 11:02, Edited thursday january 28 - 11:04

Moving out money from big team is the reason high level of facilities was introduced, if you are losing much money note that it was you that made the call. 

FA 1 and YA 1 is okay for me as i look forward in building stdm 11 ut on the long run FA levels are worth it.

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
au davo >> thursday january 28 - 11:22

Won the Super Cup for 10th consecutive season.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> thursday january 28 - 11:28

Congrats Davo. 

I've got a very cheap loan player listed on half wages for 100,000 RSD. And then a bot makes an underbid. Lol. :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
uy Maxpoint >> thursday january 28 - 19:48

Won my first Supercup today hurrah!

After a good season a better start of the new one.

uy Maxpoint
Registered2013-03-14
hu Gombi2912 >> friday january 29 - 09:44

Hi guys,

"tall" players could be good for GK, or not? 

hu Gombi2912
User
Registered2013-08-12
hu DAFKE
il Numpty >> friday january 29 - 09:55, Edited friday january 29 - 10:00

It does what it says on the tin, Gombi.

Tall makes them better at corners, that's all. Keepers rarely win the ball at corners in any event, so making that more likely won't make much difference.  

It's not by itself a reason to make them a keeper but still useful nevertheless. Tall would be better used on a central defender (or any defender) to improve their chances at corners even further. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> friday january 29 - 13:50, Edited friday january 29 - 13:51

I seem to be finding it more difficult to buy youths for farming. Prices seem to be rising and that obviously eats into any potential profit margin. 

Maybe as more and more teams build higher level youth academies then there are fewer YC 9-10 youths being produced and more better qualtity ones demanding higher prices. But the academies also produce fewer youths in general so there is a smaller supply. 

Is it just me or are others finding it similar?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> friday january 29 - 13:59

Selling players under 22m is idiotic , so its wierd that there even are players to buy for farming , although sometimes you have to sell sooner out of necessity

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Stephen >> friday january 29 - 14:07

@Numpty - agreed

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ee onuelver >> friday january 29 - 14:53

Just discovered that our local legendary manager has finally discovered transfer market and sell clones of this player: https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1893104

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back