Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Not Frustrated at all topic. Season 9-99 (9164)

il Numpty >> saturday may 7 - 19:47

I believe the rule is the facilities only get downgraded if the leaving manager has been there for a whole season, 52 days.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pii >> saturday may 7 - 22:13
@ff didn't reach a season in koens team as the team was further destroyed, excluding popularity.
That rule was only meant for popularity.

The second manager that took over from @ff left a day after the site was restored. So no downgrade.

14days spent vs 10days spent.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
il Numpty >> monday may 9 - 16:22, Edited monday may 9 - 16:32

@Pii

Must admit I've never carefully checked the detail on this. I'd always noticed that when managers leave they usually lose both facilities and popularity or neither and this is confirmed by these two posts from Vincent on the same day. 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en/2?&topic=43802

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en/5?topic=724

• The buildings were already downgraded a maximum of one time per season so I've added the same check to the popularity. The penalty now only applies if the manager that leaves was at least a full season at the club.
  • The popularity penalty when a manger leaves a club is now only applied if the leaving manager was at the club for at least 52 days.

He's added the 'same check to the popularity' and then says the manager has to stay for a full season of at least 52 days. So I would infer that the 'same check' means this also applies to the facility downgrades. 

But if I understand you correctly it seems that on some occasions there is  a facility downgrade with no loss of popularity. Perhaps Vincent's posts are just badly worded and it's 52 days for popularity but one downgrade per season for the facilities. This would seem similar but are actually different rules.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ru Ebitimi >> monday may 9 - 16:41, Edited monday may 9 - 16:46

It's the first scenario that applies. If the manager stays for at least 52 days or more and leaves, the club gets downgrades facilities and popularity wise.

Within this time frame (after being downgraded) a new manager comes on for say 10 days a leaves, it would only apply if it's a new season. If it's same season, the club stay same way it was when it lost its previous manager. 

0like the case if this club. Lost so many managers within the same season. But the facilities are still same when it lost the first manager (the one that resigned on 18th march 2022)

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-11339/log

ru Ebitimi
User
Registered2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
il Numpty >> monday may 9 - 16:51, Edited monday may 9 - 16:54

That means that there are effectively 2 different rules:

1. The facilities get downgraded (one level) a maximum of once per season - so only if it's the first time a manager leaves in the current season. This is irrespective of how long he's been there so the 52 days, or full season, never applies.   

2. Popularity only gets lost (1/3 reduction) if the manager stayed for at least 52 days. 

So Vincent's first post saying it's the 'same check' is rather misleading.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pii >> monday may 9 - 17:23
Exactly what you said there.
But in @timi case he was the first manager this season he resigned the team was'nt further downgraded, only difference between him and @ff is the 2 wks ff stayed.
Maybe the 2 wks is what it takes, lemme check for anymore Prove.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
il Numpty >> monday may 9 - 18:18

Which club is this?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> tuesday may 10 - 02:11

Guys this is very important, its my birthday and i am going to go look at fish in Finland.

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
pii >> tuesday may 10 - 05:34
HBD @Taavi
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
Let me save it here:-
Naija boy fc is No1 in African continental ranking, welldone boys.

Happy birthday @taavi
Incase you end catch one i'm waiting at billingsgate to buy it cheaper.
But you should be in Barbados. @monk would want something strong for his monks
il Numpty >> tuesday may 10 - 11:23

'Fish in Finland' I see what you did there. 

Where next? Watching viruses in Germany or women in Brazil?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> wednesday may 11 - 13:18, Edited wednesday may 11 - 17:11

Just noticed a player listed on the market with a bot manager and no bids.

Seemed a bit strange so I checked and the previous manager left yesterday shortly after listing him. He's an older player only suitable for staff so thought I will try an underbid and see what the bot does with it.

Anyone know?

Update

So that was an interesting experiment. I made the underbid and there were no other bidders. When the transfer closed I got the normal message but with a difference. 

• Bidding for this player has ended.
  • All bids are below the asking price. If no higher bid is made, the selling team can decide whether or not to accept the highest bid.
  • The team manager has until Today - 18:02 to respond.

The timing for the reply was exactly 5 minutes after the transfer closed instead of the usual 24 hours. There was no reply within 5 minutes and so the bid got automatically declined. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> wednesday may 11 - 17:19

Numpty - why's it strange for a bot team to have a player up for sale?

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
il Numpty >> wednesday may 11 - 17:39, Edited wednesday may 11 - 17:44

Because bot teams can't list players without an offer being made by another manager. If the bot accepts the offer then the player gets listed with 1 bid already on the table.

So under normal circumstances all bot players have at least one bid on them and the asking price would be roughly 10% above the market value. This player had no bids and was listed at market value.

Because they always have at least one bid at the asking price then it's impossible to make an underbid on a bot player. This is why I thought I'd experiment and see what happens.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> wednesday may 11 - 17:51

Oh I see....The Help section indicates a bot team can be approached about buying one of their players but I didn't realise this is the only way they can sell players (other than selling straight to the bank).

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels