Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

New experimental salary formula (164)

eng Bolly >> thursday june 22 - 18:51, Edited thursday june 22 - 18:53
@Vincent
I have to ask you vincent, why are you even doing this. what problem in the game are you trying to fix that makes it worth alienating many players and will likely see a decrease in people enjoying the game.

so top teams have lots of money? so what? quadruppling every players wages will not stop the top teams having all the money.

and so what if they do have, what can they do with it that is so detrimental, would it not be more sensible and more inteligent to stop them doing whatever it is they are doing it with it

what, they are buying up all the best players, well rightly so, they should buy all the best players for the best teams.

they are paying too much for them, well great so they should, if they get into bidding wars then they overpay, simple enough.

if they are buying too many players and stopping other teams , then simply put a limit to the number of players allowed in teams.

there are lots of things that can be done without damaging the rest of us.

I ask one thing.

create a poll of who wants this and who doesent. I bet i know which way it will go
eng Bolly
User
Registered2013-10-25
ro Rapidist >> thursday june 22 - 18:59, Edited thursday june 22 - 19:47
@Koen Weekly wage: 323 796 lei New wage ( experimental ) = 1 125 502 lei. 1 125 502 divided by 323 796= 3,475960172. It is more than 3 times the old weekly wage.
https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1364641 = 10.5 times the old weekly wage. It is a super talent and it is quite good, but I think it is too much.
ro Rapidist
Registered2013-06-03
vu Amun-Ra >> thursday june 22 - 19:00
All this discussion about something as unimportant as salaries. Changé them today. Change them tomorrow, change them every two months, if you make sure I'm not going to start losing money because I like to have the most affordable best talented team I can so maybe one day I'll make it to the group stages lol I'm okay. Bit all this discussion about something no one will remember. Why not focus on gamelan instead of adjusting wages of bot players. What would happen if you take away the wages?
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
eng Stephen >> thursday june 22 - 19:04
@bolly - I can pretty much guarantee that any wage increase your team accrues will be a fraction of what richer teams face. Generally, this change seems to mean that if you have ridiculously talented players, you're going to have much higher wages. The richer teams tend to have a lot of these players, such as:
https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1215871
He's going to be on the best part of £50k a week. He isn't even my best player. So, if I continue to try and buy supertalents, eventually the wage bill would grow to the point where it stops me making money so quickly. The best players are currently being sold for about £1bn. Given that some clubs are left only building museum levels, this problem isn't going to go away.

What this will mean for your club, I can't exactly say because I can't be bothered to go through each player in your squad individually. However, I'm willing to bet that it will mean a bit of an increase, but not the nearly £300k a week that I am facing? And that's fine with me. It should give teams in lower divisions the chance to close the gap.

To be brutally honest, if anything is holding you back it's the fact that you have a level 7 stadium. Teams around you probably have level 8 or level 9 ones now? That's a huge income advantage they have over you. If you sort that out, you'll soon see your income grow.
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
us karl1962 >> thursday june 22 - 19:06
Holly cow, if a newer team gets a supper talent they won't be able to keep him (2309 to 55190).

You need to base the salary partly on what league they are in.

This doesn't really help reduce the gluten of money in the older teams it just makes the gap between the new teams and existing teams wider.
us karl1962
User
Registered2013-05-20
us Rocky Mountain Huskies
eng Dragontao >> thursday june 22 - 19:13
Bolly, my squad, bearing in mind my team is in the top flight but far from one of the best teams, is increasing from £164k to 304k a week.

My youth squad is going from around £25k a week to 89k a week.

That's far from excessive and if lower division clubs are facing a bigger hike, they have to look at their buying policy somewhere along the way.

Many lower division teams already have 50k stadiums, newbies already have the means to build stadiums more quickly with the starter bonus to offset any costs.

If lower division clubs want top players to try and rise through the leagues more quickly, they have to pay the wages. Simple as that.

No free rides. This is not an unfair system.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
hr Eddie >> thursday june 22 - 19:41
Maxi758, "Wage after transfer" is current, old formula. So your player would not have 10 times lower wage if you'd sell him.

When experimental wage becomes standard, transferred players will probably have that same wage after transfer.
hr Eddie
Registered2014-05-03
ro play >> thursday june 22 - 19:51
now I pay 63405
after new formula I will pay 204087
This means 3,21 times more...Wow I have a great team:(
ro play
User
Registered2015-04-25
cn Ksrma >> thursday june 22 - 20:02, Edited thursday june 22 - 20:15
I have some concerns on yearly contract:
1. Since all players will get new contracts on the same day after the update, will they get contracts on the same day in the future seasons?
2. Will salary go down if players are getting old? To my knowledge, nowadays salary never goes down except after transfer.
3. (if Q2 answer is yes) In previous thead, it is said that the limit on the amount of yearly incease of salary will be 40%, so what about the decrease? (or maybe we can cancel the limits? because new fomula is based on experience, not how player is trained)
Thank you
cn Ksrma
User
Registered2015-12-22
cn ZZ锦浪
pt Sir Alex >> thursday june 22 - 20:23, Edited thursday june 22 - 20:26
Now wages makes more sense but.. our Staff still win a lot compared to the players. Staff would get less or players mutch more to make sense... i think...
pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
ar Undecode >> thursday june 22 - 20:47
Is this really the only money sink that is viable? Why not add more features to create that "necessary" money sink to prevent inflation? Taking all this effort just to pay more wage seems not ok.
ar Undecode
User
Registered2016-02-19
lv FC Riga #32
eng Bolly >> thursday june 22 - 21:03
Stephen. That is the point.

This change won't really effect the rich teams bit it will devastate the lower leagues.

It will put teams like mine in negative amounts each season. Will it do that to you?

And what about teams who have even less incone.

Mark my words this will be a game killer
eng Bolly
User
Registered2013-10-25
ru irvict >> thursday june 22 - 21:14
I can't understand for what reason for these changes are entered. Right now the main changes concern young players. But this way really changes the finacial balance of a game? Nope. The main income is produced by players of national teams level . And their wages change least of all. It's looks like ... let's get harder development of Ajax and Porto. But Real M and Bayern M let's keep dominate. Talent determines by what players of level they can become. But now it get equalized salaries of players from teams with the level TC 1-8 without staff and clubs with 2 members of a staff and 9-10 TC levels. I don't think this kind of changes which will improve a game. Change increase wages after players transfers taking into account the stadium level and club popularity makes more sense
ru irvict
Translator
Registered2016-09-17
ru Rostov Eagles
pt Sir Alex >> thursday june 22 - 21:33, Edited thursday june 22 - 22:01
That´s true. Not a big impact to really ritch and strong teams.... As JJ says, this is pinuts XD (peanuts)

New teams and lower leagues teams, need and have this gold oportunity to have young players, and try to have better youngs season by season.. and this will be a rock in they ways....

But, wages are to low really or the profits are to high :/
Something need to be done also to don´t made 1 billion ritch teams with money to do nothing only to buy lotteries :/

But change things ´in the contract` is not a great option to do, not fair, things as interests or so...
We develop based on certain things, not want to get less later :/
And not fair to new teams also.
pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
eng Bolly >> thursday june 22 - 22:07
just a little hypothetical question for you

bill and bob work for the same company in differnt jobs

bill is a manager and earns £1000 a week
bob works in the post room and earns £250 a week

one day their company gets into financial difficulty because of the amount of payroll they have to pay outand tells them they both need to have pay cuts

bill gets a bigger pay cut (300) and his new wages will be £700
bob gets a smaller pay cut (150) so his new wage will £100 a week and wont be able to pay his bills anymore

do you think that would be a fair and just spread or do you think maybe that bob will suffer more than bill.

maybe the company should cut their debts in better way?
eng Bolly
User
Registered2013-10-25