Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Winter Olympic Games 2018 (50)

ca Jax >> tuesday february 27 - 05:04, Edited tuesday february 27 - 05:04

@Andrei I don't pretend to know about these athletes and how they are doing it.  I still have my suspicions about players in all different leagues.  The testing is always behind the pharmaceutical companies that are making advancements all of the time.

I can't help but feel this way, like I previously mentioned, Baseball in the late 90's/early 00's was fully of steroids.  One of the most exciting moments in the last 25 years was the great Home Run chance between Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire.  It renewed interest in the game after having a league lockout in 1994.  Same with Barry Bonds a few years later who set the record for most in a season.  It was amazing television (for baseball fans)

The problem is that all of these guys (and many others) were proven to have taken these illegal drugs, but it isn't that simple... Steroids became banned in 1991 but they didn't start testing for them until 2003....If you're wondering why this is... it's because MLB "wanted" to ignore this.  Hypocritical for them to condemn these players like they are scum of the earth, when they likely knew all along, what was going on.

That said, I don't condone the players taking the drugs.  I think they cheated the game and cheated themselves.  It was a "Banned" substance, enough said.

I hope you all enjoyed my little sports history lesson that explains why myself and others are so absolutely jaded by this stuff.

ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ee onuelver >> tuesday february 27 - 06:15

I'm sure that lip balzam was just a umbrella to cover something. How strong concentrate of that doping stuff it had to be? 1000%? Or she eated it several sticks per day?

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
ee Kaarel >> tuesday february 27 - 07:32

@Andrei - Doctor didn't make any mistake. This is simply impossible, unless that doctor didn't pay attention to anything while getting his degree. 
Also that medicine that Johaug took, has big red label on what basically says it is a doping in a sport world.
There is nothing in her defence.

"Surely there's a better way to dope yourself than through lip balm." Lip balm is a really good way to hide it. She really had to eat it daily basis to get that large amount of clocebol ( or whatever it was called) in to her blood.

ee Kaarel
User
Registered2013-12-25
ee Anonüümsed Alkohoolikud
ee Taavi >> tuesday february 27 - 14:25

I didnt watch a single event , nor do i even know who compete, but somehow i won 50€ from a raffle

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
ro Andrei >> tuesday february 27 - 14:36
@Kaarel

The doctor failed to notice the banned substance before he gave the balm to her. He said so himself. If you want, I can give you the page with the article. It's in Norwegian, but you can put it through Google Translate. However, that doesn't absolve her of the fault that she failed to notice it too.

Anyway, my previous post was more of a sarcastic comment than anything else. What I was trying to say is that double standards exist in this domain as well. Some people get punished severely, some use technicalities to either get out of punishment or get more leniency.

And that's something that really needs to be addressed. Because doping exists. Nobody can deny that. But laws should be applied evenly.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30