Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10386)

eng Dragontao >> saturday march 27 - 13:11

I was so peed off yesterday, logged out and I forgot I had a second NT match and didn't pick the team (I normally wait until the NT match has been played and then select a team based on fatigue levels to minimise risk to players and effect to club sides. Apologies to any managers affected. I won't be running an NT side in future though as I won't be a VIP much longer. If I could resign from the NT side I would.

Probably not bothering with my own side now but will keep logging in to manage the NT side until I'm no longer the manager. All my NT players will be sold to the bank in the next window, unless anyone wants to pay maximum price for them.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ua Kalle >> saturday march 27 - 13:32

So the bank it is than :)

Just checked them, none is worth the max price :)

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
il Numpty >> saturday march 27 - 13:55

I'll take them if they come with free lingerie?  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng ipfreely >> monday march 29 - 20:24

Now that's an image I didn't want :-s

eng ipfreely
User
Registered2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
eng holt >> tuesday march 30 - 13:57

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-19834980

Nothing there to say.

I buy a decent looking keeper and he can't keep a clean sheet to save his life.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Monk >> tuesday march 30 - 19:44

@Holt
He used up all his luck yesterday when you beat me! :-D Good win for you by the way, well done.

eng Monk
User
Registered2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> thursday april 1 - 09:02, Edited thursday april 1 - 09:03

The 'board' is driving me nuts... it's not like I'm trying to lose as I'm expecting a fairly comfortable win and using some squad rotation, which maximises xp and keeps the best players fit for when they are needed most.

I'm only trying to use one genuinely weak player, a youth forward who is still capable of scoring - and he'll only get 45 minutes. 

I reckon my reserve keeper should be good enough for the match. The board don't agree and he counts as 2 players. 

My DM is popular so plays every match but has a low star rating because the game thinks he's a defender. He's the best DM we have but the stupid board don't think he's good enough.  

The RB is also popular so plays every match. He's the 7th best by star rating but that's no big deal when you are using 5 defenders and a 6th one as a sub. 

I do know that nothing's going to change but the board should allow:

• the choice of 2 keepers 
  • the choice of 7 or 8 defenders if playing with 5 at the back
  • the choice of 5 forwards if using 3 of them
  • a different algorithm for calculating DMs
il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
in Keju >> thursday april 1 - 10:59

The problem is your average star value goes way down due to your DM(the popular guy) He is considerd about 1-2 stars as the game thinkss he is "out of position".

The idea behind this makes sense. If you were intending to loose a game by playing your best players all out of position eg.GK as forward. This prevents this case.

I think the other suggestions make sense though

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC
il Numpty >> thursday april 1 - 11:37, Edited thursday april 1 - 11:40

Yes, as a DM he gets a midfield rating of 2.15 and this pushes the average star value down by quite a bit. 

The game thinks he's out of position and ideally that's what needs to change for DMs so it's not considered out of position like your other examples.  Perhaps they should get given a rating of either midfield or defence, whichever is higher.

According to the help he's not actually out of position for position experience, so it makes sense for the star rating to work the same way. 

• A player playing as defensive midfielder can use either his defender experience or his midfielder experience, whichever is higher.
il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee onuelver >> thursday april 1 - 13:12

Yep ideal DM calculated by the game is some absolutely useless crap from 2013 that is not good enough as "normal" mid because of lower passing lost to 3 balls dueling and is far too weak for DM as his dueling is so low. I always throwed out all such players from my list when managed some NT. That problem was mentioned already when Vincent still did something but no reaction. That reason i almost don't use that position- only some central defender sometimes. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
lv Ar4ers >> thursday april 1 - 21:19

End of an era

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-11/log

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
il Numpty >> thursday april 1 - 23:26, Edited thursday april 1 - 23:28

I am rather surprised that he's got fired given the conditions listed in the Help:

• If you have attached an e-mail address to your account you will stay in the game for 5 weeks (35 days) after the last time you logged in. If you haven't you will be removed after 2 weeks.
  • If you have a paid account you will not be fired from your club before your V.I.P. status expires.

As the owner I would have thought he had permanent VIP status and  therefore immune from getting fired. I guess it does mean that he hasn't logged in for at least 5 weeks. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> thursday april 1 - 23:55

Doesn't say much for the game does it.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Lee >> friday april 2 - 00:09

That's a very worrying sign.