Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10388)

tr Mavi >> thursday january 13 - 02:04

This transfer is not closed because of appeal process. You've appealed but other person not. So either drop the appeal or convince other person to appeal so we can finalize this.

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
pl MAT >> thursday january 13 - 06:11

Ok. Thanks for info Mavi

pl MAT
User
Registered2014-06-04
dk Mystic Warrior Copenhagen
eng Dragontao >> thursday january 13 - 06:28

While I get the point and admins are doing their best. It really needs the game developer to fix the market values. 

Until he does, then who is anyone to say a bid is excessive.

Adapting the rules to suit what they perceive is fair but when others do it to protect their players in certain circumstances, it's not allowed.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
160m for a 26yr old sh!T, is a human lottery bid.
Frustrating transfer overall.
eng holt >> thursday january 13 - 07:19

Lol 2 weeks.

@Don-x What would you price him at?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
au davo >> thursday january 13 - 08:10

Assuming the $160m bid was a minimum bid:

It is hard to say how much he should be worth to someone. From my recent experience, an average 23 year old FA5 with the same level of scoring would maybe get a bid.

A 24 year old FA4 with that level of scoring would almost certainly not get a bid for $160m, or in the next round either. Might get a bid at $96m, but most wouldn't.

This seemingly makes this transfer a bit unusual.

However, who can say? I know I made several underbids of $200m FA5 players and several managers were unwilling to sell, which I find astonishing.

Maybe the winning bidder just liked the player or just decided that they'd had enough of waiting for a better player to be advertised. Who knows?

I would like to point out that I bought this player for the same price on the same day:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2215107

I suggest my money was better spent.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
@holt a similar player on loan is worth around 15m-20m per season, 75m-100m for me if i really need the player.
@davo has shown there are a lot better forwards available for that price range.
Wise buy davo
il Numpty >> thursday january 13 - 09:36, Edited thursday january 13 - 09:38

Since we're speculating I would put the fair value of the player at around $50-80 million. In terms of the English league he's only a Championship player and would be pretty useless in the top league and continental level.  

You can get much better players for around $80-100 million.

Presumably he's not being trained in the last couple of weeks because he's still on transfer, but that won't make a significant difference. 

It was a very poor bid from the buyer in the first place, and I would have been delighted if I had been the seller and equally annoyed/frustrated when the transfer got blocked. But none of that is Mat's fault. 

The rule is "... simply that the transfer amount is so high compared to normal market prices that it would disrupt a fair game."

The trouble is that people make bad bids (and sales) all the time, and most of them probably go through so it can be frustrating when yours is the one that gets stopped. The system isn't perfect but it's designed to stop the worst cases and I guess it does that fairly well. 

There will always be cases that are borderline and the appeal process seems to me like a fair way of dealing with them. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> thursday january 13 - 10:26

It is a sad indictment of the state of the game though, when a player sells for less than a third of his "market value" and this is still classed as "so high compared to normal market prices that it would disrupt a fair game."  and to achieve an acceptably low price he would need to be relisted for 5-7 days :( Shame the developer can't just make a seemingly easy change in the minimum a player can be listed for, from 50% to 20%

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> thursday january 13 - 11:00

Absolutely @Davo. I think you've probably got 100% support there. 

I'd prefer 10% :)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> thursday january 13 - 13:19

All market values should be lowered since theres less money in the game, max value used to be 229m and it was great

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
lv Tamaz >> thursday january 13 - 14:54

Aint gonna happen. Nobody will do it.

Game is dead

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
dk Zornig >> thursday january 13 - 15:15

It has been playing ever since 1 / 4-2021 when Vincent de Boer left the game

dk Zornig
User
Registered2015-10-23
ai FC Zornig United
il Numpty >> thursday january 13 - 16:11, Edited thursday january 13 - 16:24

Game is not dead. 

To quote Churchill,

"This is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, it is perhaps the end of the beginning."

" ... we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender ... "

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> thursday january 13 - 19:38

Vincent is more Boris than Winston. He's hiding in a fridge somewhere, or at a cheese and wine party he's passing off as a work event.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2